2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gail, interesting article, thanks for sharing! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Gail,

Thanks for sharing this....you just had to rub it in to me:)! LMBO! He was so close, but yet so far away:)! I really enjoyed this review, as it was coming from a young lady who was telling a great story! We want him to have lots of people filling up those seats:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Gail,
Thanks for that great review!! It was long & interesting. Of course most of us already know everything  that was in it, but that's ok. And I LOVE when the writer is a younger person and ends up being impressed by Michael!
Joy
NJ

So next show is Sarasota, FL. Friday 11/30/2012.  Come on all you Floridian's give us some reviews.
Have a blast and tell us all about it.
Joy
NJ

Joy, I have this show posted on page 294.. Maybe you did not see it..LOL

Robin in MD :)

The next show is tomorrow on MB's FL set of shows, it is at Philharmonic Center for the Arts, Naples, FL on

December 1, 2012 !

Hope to get some great reviews from the FL area fans.  Please feel free to come on in and join is and share your reviews!!!!

Robin in MD :)

Alrighty now you Floridians&others, reviews please from these shows. Wow! Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hi, Jen.  I am not a regular poster, but wanted to see if anyone had been to the Naples show.  I live here in Naples, and was in the 4th row, left side.  Wish I had known where the other hard-core (well, you know what I mean!!) fans were sitting -- I was surrounded by the older Phil crowd. We could have yelled things back & forth!!  It was a little quiet for my taste.  Not Michael, but those sitting around me.  I know people enjoyed it and heard great things about Michael, his talent, and his overall show (big news to us, huh?), but I am used to standing & getting right up to the stage--none of that for this show. 

I DID convert a new fan, however-- my 80 year old mother!!  She didn't stop talking about him for 2 days.  She is a musician and used to perform professionally when I was growing up, and she knows her stuff.  She was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the time Michael got to the end of his first song, "Soul Provider."  She said she know knows exactly why I've been "chasing around" after him for over 20 years!!! Too funny -- she used to ask me when I was going to grow up :)

I told her I was glad I didn't take her to a show back then, cuz she would have been flying to New England to join in the Bolton Adventures. LOL.

I loved hearing some of the duets, most old favorites, and some rockin' blues.  Michael is still the ONE!! Best to eveyone who is going out to see & hear.  Enjoy!!!!   

Maureen

Hi Maureen and since this is the first time I read your post, I want to welcome you to the forum. Thanks for chiming in with your own comments! Aww, sorry to hear you didn’t make it to the stage, but  I’m glad to hear you and your mom enjoyed it and that you’ve heard such tremendous feedback. :D We were just discussing converting new fans recently so it’s nice to hear that the tradition continues... Can you tell us much about the setlist, new songs and if you had a special unforgettable moment? Also, if I may ask: how long had it been since your last concert? Just curious. Well Maureen, I hope you stick around and look around the forum if you have time and join in conversations. Take care sweetie and thanks again for your report. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Awesome he did Silent Night & Ain't no Mountain High enough. I've heard him do Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing. Thanks for your story Jen. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Great job on the set list, Jen!! You got it all, girl! Thanks to Sylvie, robin & others for the nice comments and welcomes. I do read once in a while, but it's been a long time since I posted on any sites. 2009 or 2010? Well, coincidentally, the last time I saw Michael live was in January 2009 at the Phil. There was a much "rowdier" crowd that time, and we did get up to the stage for the 2 or 3 song encore. I missed the show in January 2011 because I was out of work & by the time I tried to get tickets they were all gone! So I know he does get "love" from the Naples crowd!!

Of course, there have been times over the years when Michael "invited" the front rows up to the stage but the venue "police" (I'm trying to put that politely, LOL) wouldn't allow it. I remember this once in Boston. So, you never know.

One thing I thought about the show-- I don't think I've ever been to one where he's done Georgia AND WAMLAW -- usally it's been one or the other. Has he been doing this lately at all shows?? Can't wait to read more reviews.

Best moment?? During Soul Provider, when he came to the left side of the stage and leaned out, I had my arm up waving like a nut, and he did that "shading his eyes" thing, and looked right at me with a smile. That was about it - I do have to say that my mother sitting to my left witnessed the whole thing. :)

BUT-- all the other moments were superb as well. Anytime I can be hearing AND seeing Michael at the same time is better than just about anything!! Work has been a real "back to reality" buzzkill, but what are you going to do, right? The weather here is so gorgeous at this time of year that I am going back to counting my blessings, right now!!

Hi again Maureen, from what we’ve heard in reviews recently,  Michael usually sings “Georgia” as an encore now, so if there’s no encore, no “Georgia”. WAMLAW is always the halfway mark, when he goes out into the audience. I guess the encore depends on the crowd too, because he’s been known in some cities to sing “Pride” as an encore. Heehee, thanks for sharing your best moment Maureen, even if it was at a distance, I'm sure it felt special. :D Yeah girl, enjoy your great Florida weather: nothing better in December! Thanks for adding more details: that’s the stuff that makes reviews special, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service