I wanted to start a new thread here to keep any promotional tv or other appearances for Michael new book or CD.  So far this is what I have.  They will also be listed on the main page but I will try to remember to bring them over here.  As always, check your local listings for times and stations but most will be NBC.  Times will vary:

Monday, January 28th
-Good Day NY 9:20am

WednesdayJanuary 30th 
-Today Show and performance

-Katie

Thursday, January 31st (this is actually at 12:30 a.m. EST so definitely check listings on this one)
-Jimmy Fallon 

Views: 42397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me alegro mucho por vos!! Por esta experiencia hermosa que has tenido con el...me imagino que nunca se te va a olvidar...hermosa y sentida anécdota!! Gracias por compartirla Robin...te mando un saludo cargado de bendiciones, con cariño, desde Argentina, Mar

Translation of what Mar has put in and it is for you Robin CA .....................

"I'm glad for you! By this beautiful experience you've had with the... I guess that you are never going to forget... beautiful and heartfelt anecdote! Thanks for sharing Robin... I send a greeting full of blessings, with love, from Argentina, M"

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Photos: Home Shopping Network features Michael Bolton, Smokey Robinson at The Venetian
By Robin Leach (contact)
Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013 | 10:09 p.m.

Sales of Michael Bolton’s new CD hit 10,000 an hour when Home Shopping Network broadcast his concert live and on tape a second time from The Venetian. I’m told cable TV executives were so pleased with orders for “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” that they confirmed three more similar concerts there this year.

Additionally, Michael’s concert, which was a tribute to Hitsville USA, featured Motown legends Smokey Robinson, Martha Reeves and Valerie Simpson, plus, Orianthi and Melanie Fiona. If you missed the show, check out the video on HSN.com.

I was impressed at the large number of cameras the producers used. “It’s a very ambitious live shoot. It’s like covering a regular concert,” an HSN exec told me. “We don’t spare any expense to make it fabulous television. We may be selling albums, but we’re also showing an incredible concert in its very best light.”

Michael, 59, has sold more than 50 million copies of his 18 albums, of which eight have been in the Top 10. Nine of his 35 singles went to #1 on either the Billboard Hot 100 or Hot Adult Contemporary charts.

I sat in on the show, which you wouldn’t have realized was a one-hour sales extravaganza. I spotted new Venetian headliners Human Nature chatting backstage with their mentor Smokey.

Michael and Smokey became fast friends once the two days of rehearsals began. They turned up together at nearby Lavo in the Palazzo and the next night at Tao in The Venetian. Michael said, “I grew up listening to Smokey. Sharing the stage with him for the first time here makes me very honored to be part of his life.”

Singer Paula Abdul, who dined with HSN execs at Wolfgang Puck’s Cut Steakhouse in the Palazzo, dashed upstairs to say hello to Michael and Smokey.
A top Venetian exec told me: “We don’t have the next three concert dates set just yet or the three superstars, but it’s a definite go. It is a great new partnership and very good for Las Vegas with lots of wonderful television exposure. HSN also sold room packages to their viewers, so it’s been a success all the way around.”

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

Hi Gail, thanks for the article. Wow, I hadn't realized Robin Leach was still active in the biz... Anyway, thanks again sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Bonjour Gail,

Thank for the article, it is a beautiful article.

Have a good day

katia

Thanks for a great article and super picture Gail and so glad to hear sales went so well at event......think the charts are going to be rocking with MB after 26th !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia, thanks for helping Karen with the pics. I just love the CD. Honestly, my favorite since Vintage. Don't get me wrong, I love Gems & one world one love but wow! I can't believe how many of the double CD set that was sold on HSN concert. wow! I'm glad I ordered it. I hope I'm in the right spot talking about the CD. I keep playing it constantly&you know, the awesome meories I have in listening. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Love the article. Thanks for all articles out here. Now, if AC radio was good to us, "ain't no mountain hgh enough" or "Ain't Nothin' like the real thing" would be played on the radio. I have my doubts. I don't want to be negative but I'm being honest. If anyone hears them on the radio or satelitte&cable music channels, let me or us know. I'm telling you girl, this CD to me, is the best since "Vintage"&everyone knows I love all of his CD'S. I realize the cD has awesome meories but putting memories&the event asside, this CD is the bomb. I love it. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :) Pardon any errors. 

Hi Gail, I'm talking to family and friends about TSOIA nearly every day and a lot of people would love to read it too, but they don't speak or read English. Are there any translations planned, esp. in German?

Astrid

Astrid, I haven't heard but I do have an email in checking on this because you definitely aren't the only one asking.  I'll let you know if I hear back! Gail

Thank you Gail! Astrid

Thank Gail, great article.

Kathy T. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service