I wanted to start a new thread here to keep any promotional tv or other appearances for Michael new book or CD.  So far this is what I have.  They will also be listed on the main page but I will try to remember to bring them over here.  As always, check your local listings for times and stations but most will be NBC.  Times will vary:

Monday, January 28th
-Good Day NY 9:20am

WednesdayJanuary 30th 
-Today Show and performance

-Katie

Thursday, January 31st (this is actually at 12:30 a.m. EST so definitely check listings on this one)
-Jimmy Fallon 

Views: 42396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very true Sylvie! And now you and Robin R have me delighted to get started on my audio version. I love both of your reviews on MB's voice and inflections during his reading. Sounds most intriguing!! :))) Thanks ladies!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy R, oh you'll love it: from the inflections in his voice to the impressions and the couple of times where it sounds like he's just talking to us instead of reading, it's just wonderful! I was so surprised but totally loved when he kind of did an impression of Woody Allen! lolIt's also very endearing to hear him imitate his father and of course, he throws in some Rodney and Bill Clinton. You know Kathy, I've noticed that Michael, when he quotes someone, he does it in the speech pattern and tone of the person being quoted. I think it shows he's a good listener... Anyway, let us know how you like it. :D Take care Kathy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

I can't wait to listen Sylvie. Actually I do the same thing when I read....use the inflection of the author. For example I saw Malala give her speech a while back and I just finished reading her book and I constantly had her accent molded right into her very own words. Even her fathers's words!! He was being interviewed also. I assumed everyone does the same thing. I also heard Michael's voice if you will in his own words while reading his book...lol But of course the cd's are the real thing. I guess the amount of cd's to listen to seemed daunting but I imagine just like the book...once you start you can't stop and the time flies by. I LOVE that he threw in tid bits like Rodney etc. Thanks for the audio book review!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

OK girlie's...I have a question...it's a bit crazy but I have to ask! LOL! Which one do you think he Loves the most? Nicolette or Ashley? As for me I think you know my answer:)! LOL! I'm almost finished, but I don't want to Rush a Good thing! So I savor every tiny morsel & Yes I hear Michael in every word, too! But who knows what I may get for a gift in the future? I'd like the audio, too! But for now I'm content:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Just to ditto everything Sylvie has said for the audio is fantastic for you can even make out in it where he is starting to get a bit tired talking and the voice is slowly changing but he has and had to set himself a target to reach on each sitting and then when he starts again he is all fresh and you feel as though he has just got up and having that first cup of coffee and off he went;  it is not just following the book it is following Michael in the pattern he took when reading it and I think it is fantastic because of that for in these audio books when they employ professionals to do it you do not get anything of the person coming through but in those CD's Michael is THERE and far more, for me, than on any music CD and even any interview almost.   I don't know how many times I have heard it on the audio for all summer when I sat out sunbathing that was about all I listened to and I personally would say to anyone to buy it.   Hope you do enjoy Kathy !!! :)

Sorry Mary that I haven't answered your question but she is coming up for nearly 6 years ago;  he will always love her but it is a love lost and when that happens you have to get on with your life and that is what she is doing and what Michael is doing;  plenty of people have that experience of love buried deep within them.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Mary, to answer your question, , Nicolette, hands down. I mean it’s none of our business to discuss, but I think that when Michael loves, he loves “Completely” as if it were the first time. Just listen to that song. If the question is who has been the love of his life, definitely Nicolette. I hardly know anything about her, but even before I read the book, it seemed to me that despite his lifestyle, Michael really tried hard and wanted to make it work when they got engaged and I’m sorry for them it didn’t work out. Again, it’s their business. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

Well said Sylvie. I agree with you. MB was happy with her and it's too bad things did not work out..Not my business, just I feel same as you..

Robin in MD :)

I hope very much that Michael has at an unknown place a loving woman who always waits for him!

I can hard imagine that this man can live without beloved partner! I hope!!! He would have earned it, or?

Petra Christine (Germany)

I too agree with you completely, ladies, it is written in every breath of the way he speaks about her. It is none of my business either, same as you Robin MD.,  just wanted to say I agree too.  Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Oh what the heck...here is my opinion too...lol  Of the loves he can talk about I will vote Nicolette also....BUT...I want to also say I believe Maureen has a most special place in his heart as the mother of his daughters. Enough said as I also believe Michael is our topic on this forum and not his private

life :) Leave that to the gossip magazines!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Like I've said, his voice is soft in reading. he has a lot of feeling into it. His diction is so good. He does read well. Michael, would you like a job to be a narrator for National Library Services? :)))))) You know I'm just teasing girls as he's busy as it is. Doesn't need that added on. I was talking to some folks on this chat line about his book & recommending even non fans to read his book. He scared me straight in that book in his younger years, let me tell you. Mom must have had some fears herself, no doubt but I love it. He very well could be an awesome transcriber--one who dictates to folks that they can transcribe but that's antipated any more it seems as everyone dictated via phone&so forth. Enough of my ramblings as well. :)))))

I meant antiquated. Sorry. Yes, Loved his immitations especially of his dad. Makes me wanna know what his dad's voice sounds like as I've heard Orrin's, MS. Helen's voices. Pardon any errors & incorrect spelling girls.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service