2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary, I had E-mailed them to you the night before silly! lol I know you're busy Mary but skim through your E-mails girl! XD Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada xxx

Thank you Sylvie, I haven't checked them in a couple days...LOL! I will tomorrow night! I've been "Good" busy! And keeping up w/Michael has been very entertaining:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Here is a "review" of Michael's concert in Jamaica.........................

"MICHAEL Bolton, the American rocker with a heart of soul, was in sparkling form on Friday's night two of the Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival in Trelawny.

With a massive audience spread out over the expansive greens of the           Multi-Purpose Stadium, 59-year-old Bolton was in fine form as he took patrons on a musical journey of his hits and all-time favourites, each earning roars of approval.

With his smoky vocals reaching every corner of the venue, Bolton delighted with You Don't Know What It's Like, Dock of The Bay, Said I Loved You But I Lied, and You Don't Know Me.

He even went classical, delivering Puccini's famous aria Nessun Dorma, and it too earned applause.

To spice up his set, Bolton            included performances by American saxophonist Michael Linton who also did well.

It was near midnight when Bolton called it quits, wrapping up his set with the Percy Sledge original When a Man Loves a Woman and his take on Bill Withers' Lean on Me.

Not even an attempt by hosts           Kerie-Ann 'Kiki' Lewis and Heather Cummings could muscle out an encore as the stage hands had begun preparing for the next act.

Bolton too declared that he was awaiting the performance by the Queen of hip hop soul Mary J Blige.

His endorsement seemed to energise Blige who gave an emotion-filled performance.

Dressed in a crisp white jacket and matching shorts she blasted out of the gate with Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody and would bring the curtains down just over an hour later with Can't Be Without You.

In-between, she did a string of hits including Get It Crunk, Real Love — her breakout hit from the early 1990s — Love No Limit, and My Everything, all flowing in a seamless 'Mary medley'.

A quick wardrobe change into a  fire-red jumpsuit saw an emotionally charged Blige. It was time for Not Gon' Cry — from the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack — I'm Going Down, No More Drama, and her second Chaka Khan track, Sweet Thing.

If Blige and Bolton earned the lion's share of the applause, the get up and dance award went to Bajan saxman Arturo Tappin.

He decreed that chairs were the enemy and therefore patrons should get up and dance. And that they did.

His set included a fantastic fusion of genres. Just as his performance in Kingston in December, Tappin brought something for everyone. His take on NeYo's Miss Independent, Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger, Sizzla's Just One of Those Days, and Junior Gong's Affairs of the Heart, truly got the audience going.

His dancehall set, built around Only Man She Want (Popcaan) and Vegas's Bruck it Dung, appealed to the young and young at heart. His ode to Earth, Wind and Fire — Boogie Wonderland and September — hit the spot for older fans.

A string of popular tracks would round out his set, but not before a great dance party was had.

The Jamaican contingent on stage was well represented by Etana. She was able to hold the attention of her audience by dropping all her hits. Wrong Address, Roots, Warrior Love, Free, and Jah Blessings were among the tracks which comprised her set.

Roots reggae band Raging Fyah, Taddy P and violinist Mijanne Webster all did well in the early stages."

Picture is another and an offical one of Michael taken at event .......

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Love the article on the Jamaica concert. Lean on me. OMG. Love that. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hi all, I was going to list the book signings here but since there is a thread more about it now, I think I'll just stick to posting the concerts.

Hope you all don't mind. I don't think it would be good to muddy the water on here with book signings in both places now that there is a thread more dedicated to the book and the girls are posting there about going. 

Concerts are soon coming up tho!!!!!!! Starting with the HSN one filmed/broadcasted on the 8th from Vegas!!!!

Robin in MD:)

In this video if you go in to approx. 4.30  that is where you see segments of Michael's performance in Jamaica.

http://youtu.be/BajASOZlV0U

This a short clip of MB singing "Sweet Home Chicago" at show.

http://youtu.be/103Tr36vpkc

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for sharing review and links, Sylvia. I watched the whole report and it seems that MB was able to satisfy the audience's expectations.I love to see men among them. Great feedback LOL. Have a nice Sunday, Astrid

Thanks for everything Sylvia, I'll check on the link later on today since I have things to do before Michael comes on TV. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

WOO HOO I'M SO EXCITED I JUST GOT AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION SAYING MICHAEL IS COMING TO ANAHEIM IN AUGUST!!! FINALLY!!!

Um. where in anaheim? Alrighty then. Hot dogs. Thank you Kelly. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hi Kelly and WELCOME to the forum but I am a little bit confused by your post for we have no notification of any dates for Michael in August as yet so did you receive the e-mail through MB's or from a friend and can you give us a little more information on this date because I have to say to you, please don't get too excited, for this may not turn out to be factual !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Welcome Kelly... I saw this show listed on Ticketmaster last night so I am guessing you received an email notification from them about the show in your area. I have mine set that way too even tho I check it regularly...Have a blast at the concert..

Check out Ticketmaster's list of shows for MB Robin R..its the last one down the list for the USA. I am sure Gail will add it in the tour section once it's confirmed.

Have fun ladies.  I wonder how long his USA tour will be??? or if he will have two legs of it in 2013! Only time will tell!!!!!

Robin in MD  :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service