Unfortunately this very sad news has just been published.....let's all say a little prayer ........

"London’s Central Hall in Westminster saw the world premiere of a new symphonic work, ‘The Titanic Requiem’ tonight (April 10). The piece, which features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, was written to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship on April 15, 1912. However, one of the composers of the piece, Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, was unable to attend due to his deteriorating health.

The 62-year old singer, who wrote the piece with his son Robin-John, was hospitalized on March 25 due to an twisted bowel and has remained in the private clinic since. Gibb and his twin brother Maurice, were born with the intestinal issue known as volvulus. Maurice passed away in 2003 from complications resulting from the condition.

On Sunday (April 8), it was reported that Barry Gibb flew from his home in Tennessee to London to be at his brother’s side. Barry’s son Stephen also flew from Miami. British tabloids are quoting an unnamed family friend, who says that Robin has possibly contracted pneumonia and that his condition is getting worse.

This sad news comes a little more than a month after Gibb announced that he was in remission from liver cancer. Gibb was diagnosed with the disease in the fall of 2011."

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought that was the only song "&the sun will shine." I don't know if it's on CD or not but the one in Australia in 1989 is, I think. I couldn't listen to Massachusetts yet. Thanks girls. Michael sure does help me along the way with his voice. yes indeed. Boltonnut who loves life. :D I have a live video of an Australian concert & when they do spicks & specks, wow! the piano @ the end with Maurice. OMG.

Hey Robin, it says on the title of the video that it's part 4 of 16, so chances are they have the whole concert. That concert you have, do you know what year it was recorded? I don't think I've ever heard them do "Spics and specs" live, though I have the song on a CD. As I've said, I think I'll take the time this week and gather those up. I'm glad our Michael is helping you girlfriend, take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

It's on DVD--not on CD. I have it on video tape. It was in 1989. Oh, ok. Gotcha about 4 out of 16. I'll bet one could get all songs from youtube. I'm not sure. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life.

Gotcha girl. I understand what you're say 4th out of 16 videos. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life.

IHave a lovely article. Girls. Get the tissues out. I sure did.

Robin and Maurice Gibb are set to be reunited at Robin’s funeral on Friday. 

While Maurice died 10 years ago and his twin brother and fellow Bee Gee passed away last month, their family have come up with a novel way of bringing the siblings back together at the ceremony for Robin next week. 

Upon Maurice’s death his ashes were used to make four purple gems which were given to his widow Yvonne, mother Barbara and brothers Robin and Barry and now the family have decided to bring the precious stones to the funeral to symbolise the reunion of the pair.

Together again: Gems containing the ashes of Maurice Gibb (right) will be brought to the funeral service of his twin brother Robin on Friday

Together again: Gems containing the ashes of Maurice Gibb (right) will be brought to the funeral service of his twin brother Robin on Friday

‘The stones are precious possessions for the family and in particular for Robin because he was so close to Maurice,’ a family friend told the Sunday Mirror.

‘His stone was a spiritual way of remaining connected to his brother and it is fitting that the stones belonging to the rest of the family will be at the funeral.

‘The bond between the brothers was very strong and in a way the funeral will mark them being reunited.’

Gravely ill: Robin battled colon and liver cancer for almost two years before succumbing to kidney failure last month

Gravely ill: Robin battled colon and liver cancer for almost two years before succumbing to kidney failure last month

The funeral cortege will pass through Thame in Oxfordshire where Gibb lived with wife Dwina for over 30 years, in order to allow local residents to pay their respects.

While the ceremony is private, a public memorial will be held at St Paul’s Cathedral in September.

Among the mourners will be his 95-year-old mother Barbara, fellow Bee Gee and brother Barry, wife Dwina and son Robin John and Robin’s children Spencer and Melissa from his first marriage.

The way they were: Bee Gees Maurice (left), Robin and Barry Gibb performing together on stage in 1999

The way they were: Bee Gees Maurice (left), Robin and Barry Gibb performing together on stage in 1999

The musician’s own composition Don’t Cry Alone, which he wrote with his son RJ, is set to be the main song at the service as it was the last piece of music he completed before his death.

Robin passed away after a lengthy battle with colon cancer at the age of 62 and RJ has since revealed that kidney failure was the official cause of death.

Bee Gees: The brothers enjoyed huge success from the early 1960s with hits including To Love Somebody and Staying Alive

Bee Gees: The brothers enjoyed huge success from the early 1960s with hits including To Love Somebody and Staying Alive

After having surgery for an intestinal problem he contracted pneumonia and at one point spent a short period in a coma, although he regained consciousness several days before his death.

In a statement the family requested that there should be no flowers but called instead for donations to two children's charities on the Isle of Man, 'both of which were close to the heart of Robin Gibb and his family'.

Gibb's death led to tributes from across the music world, as well as from figures such as former prime minister Tony Blair, who was a friend of the star.

Hey Robin, that's a pretty amazing article, thanks for sharing it sweetie. God bless their mom who had to bury 3 of her boys and her husband too. Take care sweetie and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada xxx

Anytime, girl. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life.

What a nice article Robin, I know this is very hard on Barry & his Mom, as well as the rest of there family....But only time can mend there broken hearts! It's gonna be a beautiful ceremony for them All...keep us all posted of any more news, Please!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

I wish his funeral was televized. I understand it being private but if hey can televize Whitney's, why not his? They wanted Robin to become a nite. That would have been too & they're trying postumusly. Pardo spelling--since their deaths they want them to become a nite like sir Robin. Sir maurice & even though Barry's alive PTL, sir Barry like Sir Paul McCartney. I mean, after Michael jackson's funeral was televized. I have my views but I'll be kind & keep them to myself. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life.

Hello Sylvia ' yes I said a prayer to for Robin Gibb ' my heart sank when I heard the news of his passing ' my heart goes put to his family whome I'm sure will be lost without him . Bless him xx
I pray that they find a cure for cancer ' I really do ! My dad died age 61 ! It will be 8 years this September & he had cancer ! In his liver ' lungs & in his brain ! I will never forget what happened to him ' or my grandad ' my uncle & my aunt ' who went the same way ' it just makes you feel helpless in that situation ' I send blessings to anyone who's witnessed this horrible disease xx

I hear you girl. Lost my dad&aunt due to cancer. Now, they don't want to find a cure. Gosh, they'd lose money. Please!!!!!!!!!! So sad honey, your dad died so young. My aunt was 41. My dad was 81. You take care honey. R I P Robin & Maurice. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service