American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 9274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again Lady Berlin, well, some of the artists who didn’t make it to the finals have done quite well for themselves on the show. Some of the top 10 artists even did better than winners. You see, this is a fairly new showcase for artists and like anything else, you have to learn how to use it. Like Michael has expressed in interviews, nothing replaces paying your dues and starting at the bottom. However, if you’ve tried for years and could help getting a little exposure and a break, shows like A I can help. From what we’ve seen, A I helped a lot for Daughtry and Adam Lambert’s careers for instance. Michael has also said that artists who haven’t paid their dues may not be prepared for everything that comes with fame and forming a “thick skin” is part of that process . So you see, there are good and bad sides to everything. I hope for your sake that no one is forcing you to watch these shows if you don’t enjoy them! :D Take care Lady Berlin and thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie & Lady Berlin,

Sylvie-So true!  The best example has to be Jennifer Hudson, she only came in 7th place.  But went on to win so many awards for her albums, her movie and broadway. And that was before she lost all that weight!  Kathrine McPhee also is doing well, she is on a hit TV show now "Smash."  There are quite a few I can't think of them all...........

Joy

It is the "wee butterinnerer" again and the maker up of words too and have caught up with the discussion and didn't realize there was a link to Jonathan on here and I have put one over in the new videos thread but wasn't he fantastic .....??.... back to American Idol and I think I should just mention, in case some didn't notice, that my wee DeAndre wasn't even in the bottom three...hahahahahehehehehe.....way to go DeAndre and keep up the falsetto son, absolutely brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL.    I am running back into my corner now before any of you catch me !!!!!!!!! LOL.    See you next week.....byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your darn annoying wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, hmm, I wonder if we could have put that link in the « I thought it would be nice to share” thread... It does sound like Jonathan has potential. As far as your little Deandre goes Sylvia, I guess America thought he was good enough so enjoy him as long as he stays. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Deandre is going soon Sylvia.....sooner than later ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Sylvia,

Yes Jonathan is amazing! I get chills all over when he hits that Nessun Dorma note at the end, just like I do when Michael does it!

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion as far as DeAndre. But you just go run away to your little corner where we can't catch you!!

Luv ya!

Joy

Rep. Wilson was asked by his colleagues to sit in a corner at an undisclosed location.

Sylvie,

(I don't think Robin R. is reading this)

Picture is of Sylvia's chair in the corner!  How I imagine it.....a brick wall with a small aqua color school type chair facing the corner just waiting for Sylvia!!

Hey Joy, heehee, cute one, thanks for the description! :D You're right, Robin isn't following this one. Take care sweetie and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Joy...I see the Wee One has escaped once again!!!!! The chair is empty!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

LOL!!!  Yes, the wee little escaped convict!  Such a bad girl!!

Sylvie B.-Icon of a female convict in a striped costume

with handcuffs on. And since we like Sylvia I let her

be a sexy young blonde!!

That is hilarious Joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.......too funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh oh Wee One...you have been caught now!!!!!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Oh come on Joy.......there is only ONE thing wrong with that description for it really fits me to a tee except for the "young" and I suppose maybe, just maybe the "blonde" is stretching the imagination a bit but the "SEXY" - oh YEAH !!!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish "convict" friend

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service