Special Event Celebrating Orrin Bolton's New Album!!!

You can help support Orrin, MIchael's brother, by attending this event which celebrates the release of his long-awaited CD "Liv'n Like A Man." Orrin and some very select musicians will perform songs from the new album. This will be his first performance in a long time...and, his only performance in the Northeast. The event will take place at Daniel Street Club on December 29th beginning at 7 p.m. It's an early evening show, so you can enjoy dinner (special ticket offer) across the street at Stonebridge before attending the show. For more info, click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://www.danielstreetclub.com/index2.php

Views: 4331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jennifer, I’ve tried your link, scrolled the page from top to bottom but didn’t find Orrin’s name. I’ve tried the search unsuccessfully. Is there somewhere in particular I should check? Or is the video supposed to come on automatically and it doesn’t work for me? Just checking. In any case, how did you find this? Well, I hope to be able to catch it. Thanks for posting it Jen. Take care and hope you’ve had a nice Christmas! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

à
Hi Juliet, it's pretty much the same thing sweetie: the results tell me there's one result: "Orrin Bolton appears on Better", as a graphic, from what I can tell, but no video. I've tried any incomprehensible text that could have been a link to a video and still nothing. Checked Youtube and nothing either... If anyone finds a direct link, let me know, that would be much appreciated. Thanks for trying Juliet, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

hi sylvie try this link hope it woerks for you , i think orrin sounds great live

http://www.wfsb.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks={videoid:44...

Hi again girls, I want to thank you very much for trying so hard to help me! I’ve discovered that my Jaws program just didn’t like that site and that happens sometimes. Anyway, once in a while, I do have to ask help from my husband and he was able to access it from your link Helen, thank you! I’d never witnessed Orrin performing live before, very cool! I think he had the music track from his CD  backing him up though, although I know the voice was liveand yes,, he does sound great live! Michael himself said once that Orrin had “a hell of a voice”. Ah, it’s so good to know he’s getting some exposure, I love it! Out of curiosity, does he really look younger than Michael? :D Well anyway, thanks again girls, that was great! Take care all. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

If you get about a dozen of these messages - sorry - my machine playing up - things keep jumping about screen - and it isn`t me - I am not touching keyboard and things are jumping - I try to find again because I know they are somewhere but search taking too long - so here goes again - what I had written before:

Glad you got to hear Orrin - he was great, wasn`t he?  He looked good too - knee high black leather boots, black or dark grey tight trousers, long black jacket with either purple silk scarf or purple silk shirt, lapels of jacket covered as did strap of guitar so not distinct - tall black hat with sunglasses resting on (outfit reminded me of a young Dylan) and that beautiful blond hair flowing out back - oh, why did our Michael ever get his hair cut - if I had anything to do with it - he`d grow it again !!!!!!  Don`t know about Orrin looking younger - difference I would say is that Orrin`s skin appears tighter, Michael has a few more lines (not deep but they are there) - Orrin certainly has more character in his face and the eyes are deeper - different life style !!!!!!  For the what is it, four years difference in age, not too much difference in how they look - certainly you know they are brothers - could even be twins!!!!  But you know, Sylvie, for those who say they sound alike - I am sorry I just do not hear it - Orrin`s voice has got "grit" Michael`s is "soft" - don`t know if they are quite the right words - maybe I`m saying Orrin has the edge to be a "rocker" Michael hasn`t, even listening to Michael Bolotin - it is not there!!  Boy. oh boy, what am I saying - shoot me down in flames - you know what I mean - it`s like the blade of a knife - that last edge is either there or it ain`t.  One thing I will say I absolutely love "Never Let The Last Word Be Goodbye" and I would love, love, to hear Michael sing that -both interpretations would be equally fantastic.

Do hope you get one of these messages, at least, Sylvie -  hope too, you and your family had a wonderful Christmas.  Bye for now sweetheart.

Sylvia.    Wee Scottish friend.    Hey, I ain`t freezing no more - +4 degrees.

Hy Sylvia, only got one message and loved it! Some other people have mentioned that the jumping reply box was troublesome. Glad I don’t see it! Lol Hmm, are you sure you didn’t go overboard on the old liquor at Christmas? Lol Just teasing! :D Oh Sylvia, thank you so much: what a nice description of Orrin! Well, if you miss the long hair, they do sell  Michael Bolton wigs on-line Sylvia… :D Boy you ain’t kidding about different lifestyles: you should visit Orrin’s old fan site and read up on OB’s early years:

http://mistylady2008.angelfire.com/index.html

Click on the Biography link and enjoy! I once told him, probably along with about 847,319 other people, that he should write his auto-biography and he said jokingly that he wasn’t available for the Witness Protection Program yet! Lol About sounding alike, I think they sounded a lot alike in the 70’s and have a similar steely tone in their voice, although Michael is a tenor and Orrin is more of a baritone. I know what you mean Sylvia, but a lot of people  have described Michael’s voice in the past as being gritty and people doing impressions in the early 90’s would exaggerate it to the point of hernia. I appreciate that you don’t feel Michael doesn’t have the “hard rock edge”, but a lot of people would disagree with you. Michael can sing anything he wants and I’m sure he’d do a fantastic job at Orrin’s song, but there’s something very deep and personal in Orrin’s delivery…  Oh we’ve had a great Xmas Sylvia and I got what I wanted: my whole family with me, thanks for asking. Hope you’ve had a great one too sweetie. Take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: Glad to hear you're finally warmer! I'm the one freezing today: -18 with the wind-chill factor, but it looks like the snow will pass us by, so things could be worse!

Hi Sylvie...glad you got to finally here Orrin singing!!! I couldn't connect to Jennifer's link but I did get through to Juliet's link :) The brothers have nearly identical speaking voices. Both very soft spoken. I thought they had different singing voices but I can't describe the unique characteristics just yet. Orrin sounds just as sweet as Michael. As far as appearances...it is a bit tough because Orrin had that big "Slash" looking hat on so he was a bit hidden. Orrin definitely has deeper set eyes though compared to Michael with larger brow bones. Definitely brothers! It was nice to hear something about their sister. I have never heard Michael say anything about her. So that was nice. Just my .02!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Thank goodness you finally got hear the clip Sylvie. Shame you had to go through hoops though,

I think that both brothers have the 'Rock' sound although I think that Michaels voice is more rounded and softer than Orrins.

To me Orrin looks obviously older than Michael, but is still extremely good looking. Of course Orrin has spent a lot of time in hot sunny climates and so his skin has a tanned, but swarthy and rugged complexion to it.

To me, there is definately no doubt that they are brothers and that Orrin is the eldest of the two.

Love Jennifer XX 

Hi Sylvie,

Your messages are not coming up with a "reply to us" option underneath - this is the second time I`ve spotted it!

Thanks a million for the link into Orrin`s old fan club website - knew about some parts but not all - made me like him all the more when I read what he said on visitng the Van Gough museum - but I`ll smack him the next time I see him for even daring to think that his reaction was "silly"!    lol.

I`ll still keep trying to get into his new web site - I`ll manage it one day - rest assured on that  - think you know me well enough by now to know that I will - perserverance is my middle name!   LOL.

Hope weather doesn`t get too bad with you - looks and sounds horrendous further south of you - quite a deep swathe it has cut right across.

Hope Robin in Maryland is okay - she was saying earlier that she thought it was going to miss them - doesn`t sound as though it did - hope too Helena and Mary Lynn all okay and, of course, anybody else out there!   Maybe we should put out a request - call in and let us know how you are - and, at least, if you do read this, know we are thinking of you!!!!

Thanks again, Sylvie.

Sylvia.    Wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I’ll apologize in advance if this confuses you about the responses.  Let’s say Person A posts something and person B responds, along comes Person C who wants to also respond to Person A. The Person C response will show up under Person B’s response and might not have a “reply” link. So, if you want to respond to Person C, let’ssay that Person C is me, you’d have to click on “reply” of Person A for it to show up under mine. Again, really sorry if this is confusing: don’t blame me, I didn’t set up the site! Lol Glad you enjoyed OB’s old site: I just loved his description of the visit and I just love reading whatever he writes… The North Eastern Americans have had it pretty hard these past couple of years, but better now than when their concerts start! I just know they’ll keep us posted as soon as they can. No problem my wee Scottish friend, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

Did you say something in that message about not confusing me - confusing me - good God girl do you not know yet I am the most confused person on the planet - I got through one line of your message and tears were rolling down my face - I thought - is she serious - she wants me to follow that - oh boy - twenty blue moons in the sky !!!!    LOL.  Hey, somebody else that`s going to be confused soon is poor Orrin - I got into his webpage - left a message for him!  Realised when I got in that I had already been there - that was where I went to order his CD - oh dear, see when it dawned on me - "numpty" rides again !!!   LOL.  I do get what you were talking about in relation to answering messages - but, honestly, the two I noted were different from others, i.e. although your message above was in answer to mine it still shows at bottom "reply to this" although others didn`t - I`ll look at others and try and follow what I`m talking about - see, confused - I don`t even have a problem confusing myself, it`s all the other people I do it to that I feel sorry for!  LOL LOL LOL.  I left a wee message for Anna too on Orrin`s page - she`ll be delighted - I think not!  LOL.  She`ll be going on holiday again, and need one !!!!!!!   lol.

Speak to you soon sweetheart.

Sylvia.   Wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service