Special Event Celebrating Orrin Bolton's New Album!!!

You can help support Orrin, MIchael's brother, by attending this event which celebrates the release of his long-awaited CD "Liv'n Like A Man." Orrin and some very select musicians will perform songs from the new album. This will be his first performance in a long time...and, his only performance in the Northeast. The event will take place at Daniel Street Club on December 29th beginning at 7 p.m. It's an early evening show, so you can enjoy dinner (special ticket offer) across the street at Stonebridge before attending the show. For more info, click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://www.danielstreetclub.com/index2.php

Views: 4332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are killing me Sylvia!!!! LOL I  was ROFL when I read Sylvie's directions to you about there being no reply button. Oh my....I asked the same question of Sylvie...but I admit...she explained it a bit easier!!! Perhaps she thought you were a wee bit smarter than I !!!!! I have missed this free entertainment while I was gone! I must also admit that I will NOW buy Orrin's cd since it has the song on it that Orrin sang on Oprah. I LOVED that song and to know that Michael wrote it...well....go figure! No offense to Orrin but at least the little brother still helps out the older one :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Oh Kathy, how I've missed you! lol Well, I did manage to have you understand, didn't I? Or were you having a "blackhole moment of lucidity" that day? :D You guys put a smile on my face everyday, God bless you! Okay Kathy, I just wanted to let you know that "Freedom" is the CD with "Please come home", the song Orrin sang on Oprah. But seriously, you should check out the samples of "Liv'n like a man" on OB's web site and hear what the fuss is about, especially with "Don't let the last word be goodbye" that everyone seems to like instantly. Have you checked out the video of Orrin's performance yet? He sounds great! I'll have to pop over to his site to wish him break a leg for tomorrow. Take care Kathy and welcome back! Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

P.S.: FYI, Michael wrote that song a long time ago. If I'm not mistaken, Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers recorded it in 1985. Just throwing my knowledge around... :D

Why bless you Sylvie the Solver....now I am REALLY back!!!! Your instructions for me were PERFECT and I totally understood!! I was so enthralled reading everything on Orrin's site that of course I confused myself and switched up the cd's!!! But I did LOVE that song that Orrin sang so now I will buy them both! The pressure is IMMENSE....how much is Orrin paying you??!! I will write on his site that you deserve a wee kickback ;) Oh dear....the wee one from Scotland has influenced me so!! SHE is HYSTERICAL!!!! Thanks for the history lesson Solver.......wonders never cease.

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi again Pussy-Kat, I knew I should have copied the instructions I’d given you and pasted them for our wee friend, dang! Lol Well, I didn’t know if you were just confused with the CD’s and didn’t want you to be disappointed buying the wrong CD, without the song you wanted. Although in my opinion, you can’t be disappointed either way… :D Oh Orrin is paying me in personal E-mails, as a matter of fact, I’d be due for one in the next little while… :D You’re welcome for the history lesson: it was your turn today to be in the line of fire of my random dispensing! :D Take care Kathy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Very good on the personal emails Sylvie!!! I love the random dispensing!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Sound familiar Solver????? LOL  That was one of my first questions.....cheers to my twin...the wee one!!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy,

Glad to have you back with us - you been "floating" away again - what was in that glass this time ??????  LOL.  Hope, Kathy, you all had a great Christmas - all over for another year - where HAVE they all gone ??????  No, there is no laughter - it`s frightening - wonder if there is a wee sign for "scared" ??

I laughed, very loudly, when I read your bit about Sylvie`s "directions" for me - you really think she thought I was smarter than you - hey Kathy you are on something, girl - I think that Sylvie was just having an end of year joke with me - she wanted to see me spinning and not through consumption of whisky. !!!!   LOL  It worked !!!!!   LOL LOL.  I really laugh all the more because, obviously, we are still getting to know one another and there is something you don`t know about me - I am one of those people that walk into a room, go to go out and I can`t remember if I came in from right or left - no sense of direction AT ALL!   lol.

Speak to you later "twin", from your wee one in Scotland, Sylvia.

P.S.  What do you think about me getting into Orrin`s web site - POOR Orrin !   LOL LOL LOL.

I was hysterical Sylvia, with laughter, when you realized you HAD already been to Orrin's site!!!! I think Michael would run but Orrin would want the challenge of the wee one!!! LOL So it is whisky you sip....I thought it was scotch.....lol....too obvious! The entire female species is forever getting turned around....part of our dna :) You are too funny!!!! So happy to be back vbg!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Jen, about the Bolton voices, yes Michael’s is softer in texture and in the phrasing and delivery too. It depends on what he chooses to sing, I guess. The warmer climate is good for the skin tone but not for the texture I’m told. Good grief, I’m sure I look sick next to Orrin! Lol I was just curious about how they looked but it makes no difference to me: they’re both timeless. Thanks for the description Jennifer, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

You look "fab"  Sylvie next to Orrin in your photo!!! You mentioned in another message that you hadn't heard Orrin sing live. How did you come about taking a photo with him? I thought that was taken after seeing him. Don't tell me you photo-shopped it? LOL Or were you stalking him and snuck up on him like a papparazzi??!!! lol Do tell!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi again Kathy, oh I’d be very tempted to have a very smart-allic reply to that, but I’ll refrain. In 2004, there were cheap tickets to the gala available and I went. After the gala, some friends and I hung out in the Stanford Mariot lounge and I was really glad to see Orrin again, since he hadn’t shown up at the fan reception that year. I had met him in 2002 there. It was  my first time going in ’02 and I actually left unknowingly just a few minutes before Orrin performed a couple of songs, which I found out about later on and I was heartbroken. When I saw him the following day, I told him I was sorry I missed his singing and he said the next time, he’d perform just for me, but that never happened, or should I say it hasn't happend yet… I especially love that picture of ’04 because at first, someone was going to take it standing up, but OB suggested we’d sit and he snuggled up to me, which was a good thing since he's a good foot taller than I am! :D) I’ve been writing to him since 2001 and he knows I’m one of his biggest supporters and he does respond to my messages sometimes. He’s just been a sweetheart to me, I’m blessed… Well there you go, thanks for the info about my pic and thank you for the great memories that brought up Kathy! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Awwww........a sentimental Solver......I am gushing ;) Very sweet story...I loved that he suggested to sit and snuggle up to you!! Why refrain from a smart-allic reply.....act like a tart!!!! Now I am sooooooo curious. Let loose Sylvie...LOL I have yet to make it to the gala....one day :) I wasn't joking about your photo with Orrin.....you look VERY happy and cute snuggled with OB!

KAthy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service