Special Event Celebrating Orrin Bolton's New Album!!!

You can help support Orrin, MIchael's brother, by attending this event which celebrates the release of his long-awaited CD "Liv'n Like A Man." Orrin and some very select musicians will perform songs from the new album. This will be his first performance in a long time...and, his only performance in the Northeast. The event will take place at Daniel Street Club on December 29th beginning at 7 p.m. It's an early evening show, so you can enjoy dinner (special ticket offer) across the street at Stonebridge before attending the show. For more info, click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://www.danielstreetclub.com/index2.php

Views: 4332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great job Anna and Gail :) You both have your hands full with everyone's "interpretation" of what is read and what is posted!!! The old adage comes to mind.....don't believe everything you read. Your immediate attention sure prevented a chain of misinterpretations!!! I appreciate the professionalism of both of you and keeping "our" forum at the highest standards possible!!! Thanks again :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Not quite sure I misinterpreted 'read something disturbing ..... hope Orrin's OK'. But the main thing is that he is.

I understand Catherine.....but perhaps Helena meant something else and I think that is what Gail meant by being on the same wave length. It is good to ask questions because none of us here are intentionally irresponsible. I appreciate your concern and was appreciative that Gail and Anna so readily did their best to find out what had happened. I hope you continue to post as we all will and will always keep the dialogue open in a positive manner. I certainly wasn't trying to put you off on posting just as Helena wasn't being irresponsible. I was just trying to also explain that each person only knows what they "mean" when they post just as each person only "knows" how they understand each post as they read it. I sincerely apologize Catherine and PLEASE return to post :) I hope this clears up my first post. I really am sorry!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

As Gail posted below, if you see/read anything upsetting on any of Orrin's websites (Facebook, "Rocknhood Channel" on YouTube, etc), please do contact me with your concerns and I will look into it. Again, if it's about Michael, Gail is the go-to person...Orrin would be me.

Thanks!

Anna

Hi Everyone,

Looking over things I think possibly what Catherine is referring to is Helena's response to me to a comment I put in where she mentions Marilyn and possibly Catherine has misinterpretated Helena's comment as being directed at either Michael or Orrin when she mentions about seeing something disturbing on the video but, I am absolutely certain reading Helena's comment that she is referring to a video she saw of Marilyn's........she has mentioned seeing this video because I know she was a fan of Marilyn's and we both wondered what had happened to him and, obviously, whilst she was in YouTube subscribing to Rocknhood, she has seen this other video - but that is what she is referring to in something being disturbing - that is certainly how I read her comment.   I have answered here as I know Helena is going out tonight so will not be in here and there is a possibility with, family commitments, that she may not come in tomorrow either, so it could be Monday night at the earliest before she sees this. 

Possibly I have got it completely wrong and that is not what Catherine is referring to at all but, only she can tell us what has upset her so much, if it isn't what I have referred to !!!

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

annoyed not upset! You make me sound weird saying that.
people should word things clearly instead of making out something was wrong. New people think twice before writing for a reason, they get grief if they don't agree with people. I made myself clear yet only Sylvia stepped up and explained (Gail and Anna did their best). Thank you to those 3 people for not trying to put me off from returning.

Hi Catherine,

This is a forum......freedom of speech......democratic society !!!    I, personally, do not like your veiled threat that if someone doesn't agree with someone else - they get GRIEF - EXCUSE ME ......is there some unseen POWER that rules this forum that I haven't been informed about ???   I should take this opportunity to inform you that I will be reporting your comments to Gail as your inference, without doubt, implies a "bullying" attitude to newcomers !

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

As Cat has stated things can be totally misread here.Yes its a free forum to which Cat is allowed her her own opinion as are the rest of us.Im sorry but i dont see that as a veiled threat or bullying.I see it as her stating her opinion and speaking her mind which some are afraid to do ,i know for a fact people are not poting anymore because they feel that it has become a forum about everyone else other than Michael .I have also seen it whan someone posts something that people dont agree with that they are pounced upon .Its seems to me that certain people are flooding the forum with nonsense and things are being said that are way out of context.So Cat i agree wholeheartly with you and back you 100% for speaking your mind
on the old forum I was repeatedly attacked for defending the new band when the line up changed without warning. All I said was. give them a chance and all hell broke loose! On this forum someone called Michael started a thread about Michael having a girl friend. He ended his comment by saying maybe now his wife won't be interested anymore. I thought his comment was really funny but people started on attacking him and saying stuff like if you paid her more attention she wouldn't look elsewhere! How can anyone say that is defensible yet more than one not only agreed but added to it. I was so incensed and ashamed by their conducted I couldn't think of anything civil to say so I never responded. When someone wrote that they thought it could be Michael Bolton joking the mood totally changed and everyone saw it as a joke. NO ONE APOLOGIZED FOR THEIR DESPICABLE BEHAVIOR! If it was Michael B joking or Orrin tune in during a break do you think they would have been impressed that a new member trying to be accepted was viciously attacked as a lousy husband!?! Feel free to complain about anything I have written. I don't take it personally if it is done in civil manner.

Sharon & Cat, I agree with you both 100%.

xx

As I've told some that have written to me personally...being on a public forum such as this one, we have to all realize that we have all types of personalities, nationalities and attitudes.  I'm not asking anyone to not post something they want to say but reread it before hitting reply to be sure the post is going to make sense and be understood. On the other hand if you read a post and it is confusing or you don't totally understand what is trying to be said...please ask the person first before getting upset...may be something totally different than what you are thinking due to the way it is being expressed.  It seems that may be what happened this time.

As Anna said...let's get back to Orrin on this thread.  Thanks!  Gail

First, Thanks Kathy and Sylvia for speaking on my behalf.....and Gail too...for putting some calm to the storm....

If you guys read my message correctly, I was speaking about Marilyn the British artists and not about Orrin.  I joined You tube a few years back, because I belonged to Marilyn's web site forum....and someone told me how to become friends and connect with Marilyn.  Maz (as we call him for short), has been missing from Youtube and facebook for some time, but I saw that he came back and posted something disturbing and that is what I was referring to.  Don't know how or why, anyone thought I was speaking about Orrin?!?!? 

Catherine.....I think you need to calm your nerves and don't accuse someone (like me) of starting rumors about Orrin or Michael.  I've been coming to this forum for some time now and have become close friends with many of the people here.... and I find it riduculous that someone would think that I'm a trouble maker or something to that effect.  If you really thought that I was speaking about Orrin, you could have just asked me here or as a pm what I was talking about....and you could asked me nicely and not like some kind of bully!  So please watch your actions when communicating with us.....as the saying goes....look before you leap!!

Anna and Gail.....of course if there was something of importance in regards to Michael and Orrin that I thought you should know, I would pm you girls first.  I've know that since I joined here and Orrin's forum too......No problem!!  :)

I'm sorry if anyone else, really thought that something bad happened to Orrin and misunderstood what I wrote.  Please...let's not turn this forum into a "Soap Opera".   We all come here as fans of Michael and Orrin and that is something that should unite us and not divide us!!

So let's move on and talk about future concerts by Michael and Orrin, Michael's new CD and things that we can look forward to!!

Hugs,

Helena...xx...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service