Backstage Pass Magazine is issued by The Kentucky Center and is a supplement to Louisville Magazine.  The latest issue had a short article about Michael.

2011-03-04.jpg

Views: 197

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Caren! As one of his "core fans" I appreciate this!! He's really in tune with the fans and so appreciative of the support.. Gotta love him for that!!! 

Robin in Maryland :)

Thanks, Caren! Great article! Are you going to this concert?

Anna

Yes, I'm going with Lynn and my friend Sharon (will be her first MB concert), and Leesa and a friend hers are going too :)

Hey Caren, That's great, you all will have a BLAST!! If you get a chance after the show please go over to the tour review thread and post a review..I know Lynn will....I love taking newbies to see Michael too. I have a co-worker going with me to Cleveland! She's never seen him in concert before either..

Fun times!!

Have a blast

Robin in Maryland :)

Hi all, well first,  thanks Karen for posting this. Now second, could I trouble someone for a transcription please? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance and thanks again for sharing Karen. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Cheval thanks for the read very nice :)

Here Sylvie hope the spellings ok I haven't a chance to check it :)

Enjoy!

Love Dianna xxx

Singer Michael Bolton has been in several of People Magazine "Sexiest man alive"issues including "sexiest man in his 50's"

However, he is much deeper than the veneer which he might go along with this title.During a recent telephone interview,he spoke at length of not only his music, but his commitment to his fans.

He is refreshingly up-front about his his desire to please what he calls his "core fans," as well as wanting to bring new fans into the fold, Bolton usually performs 75 concerts a year, although he admits "last year was a little nuts. It was 115 shows"  Even in a bad economy he's grateful for the support he always recieves."When you put (tour) dates up and especially in an ecomony where it's been tough for a lot of people, you don't know where they're going to selectively...choose to spend their money.And when you find that people are just grabbing these tickets and looking forward to the show it automatically excites you for the show."

That same devotion to his fans extends to his performance. "The experience that I've tried to crete in our touring ."Bolton says," is to walk people though some of these amazing songs, besides the hits that I've had and I've written, and the songs that I've choosen to record that were written by ironic writers and composers."Bolton's set list runs the gamut from R&B and pop to rock'n roll and blues,big band and classical."It's a wide range of music,"he says.

He continues to record, and has the goal of releasing a new album each year. However, unlike some artists whose touring is based on playing mostly new material they want to hear. "It's primarily the greatest hits with a few surprises, I've found that people want to hear the hits that they associate with me as an artist.They want to hear the hits because (they) take them through their big moments in their lives."

So when Bolton brings his show to the Brown, longtime fans will not be let down, while they and new fans can also expect some variety from a performer who takes his job as an entertainer seriously.

What a great article, thanks for sharing it Caren.

Where have you been? We've not seen you on here in months and months have we? I hope that all is well with you and yours.

You have been missed.

Love Jennifer XX

Thank you sweet Dianna, you’re a doll! Nice article! Take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for the article!!

Helena...xx..

Hey, Caren, thanks!!! Great article!
Thank you for posting the article!! It is a wonderful article! xx

Hi Caren,

Thanks very much for sharing this article - great read!   A girl, Meggy, who hasn't long joined the forum and her mum Mary are also going to the show......I hope you all have a wonderful time !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service