Hey all you Fanilows!!

I made this annoucement on facebook, but then thought some of you are not members over there and thought you would like to know some latest news on Barry.........

First, Barry is also releasing a "Duets" CD in the middle of May.  If you go on Amazon.com, you can see the artists and list of songs.  I noticed that some of these songs he recorded in the past, but a few may be new....not really sure but will find out!!!

Barry's CD named "15 Minutes" will be released in the near future.  This CD has all new songs, so this will be a must have for me and any Fanilow!!!!

If you go on Barry's web site Manilow.com, there is a contest to see Barry Live in New York City, Valentine's Day of next year!!!!!  Just go and sign up to be on his mailing list and you have a chance to win a trip and see the Great one live!!!  I did!!!!   :)

If you go on Elton John's facebook page, there is a trivia contest and you can win a pair of Tickets to see Billy Elliot on Broadway.  I only got three out of six answers right, so no luck for me....rats!!!  I hope to buy tickets and see the show sometime this year...would love to see it!!!

By the way, if anyone here is on facebook and would like to be friends with me over there (some of you already are, thank you!!), I'm using the name Bella Starr, instead of my real name.  So send me an invite and we can keep in touch on facebook too!!!   :)

Hugs,

Helena...xx.....

Views: 518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helena,

Thank you for this thread, it was great to be able to post about Barry!   I hope you made it to his CD signing ;)

hugs, di xxx

(Scotland)

Hi Diane,

I've just found this thread - don't tell Helena for God's sake she'll have my guts for garters !!!!! LOL.   She mentioned something about it a while ago and I forgot - och well, at least she knows I'm getting old - good excuse !!! LOL.

I pre-ordered Barry's CD and got it the other day and I do like it and if you have been a fan of Barry's or have just liked his music I would say get it for the whole CD is enjoyable with, for me, a good few outstanding songs on it !!  I missed him on Paul's show - too busy watching tennis - trying to have a break and catching up in here just now as I've been watching the Nadel match and quite honestly I've got wee white balls dancing in front of my eyes it has been that intense with every shot - still half listening and watching !! :)

On Gems Diane don't believe anyone in the UK has received their copies yet and although we were given the link to track them here in the UK it doesn't work as our postal service does not subscribe to UPS for tracking - so that was a fat lot of use .....just have to do what I have been doing - stalking the postman !!! LOL.   I am pretty sure in the next couple of days they will start arriving - if they don't - well !! LOL  Michael should have brought them over with him on his way to Germany and he could have stopped off and delivered them all - don't know what he was thinking about in not doing that or else he could have parachuted them all down from his plane as he flew over - we could have created three or four drop off points in the UK and then when he got to the top of Scotland he could have turned right for Germany !! LOL.   Actually a girl from Devon, Sandra Jeffrey, has started a thread in, I think, General Chat about Michael asking "Has anybody received their CD bundles" - some of us are over there commisserating  with each other - come and join us and we will all cry together !! LOL. 

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia,

First of all, I think Helena might suspect without me saying anything!   It sounds like your memory's almost as bad as mine, but congrats on getting here now ;)

I noticed you mentioned you were following the tennis in another post so now, when I see it advertised, I think of you - oh and that pic of Michael in his tennis gear :) :)     If you want to catch Paul's show try this link ... http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid71245874001?bckey=A...

If I've not done it right let me know, this is the first time I've posted a link on here.   Unfortunately it's only available to view in the UK for copyright reasons.

I received an email today from Amazon telling me '15 minutes' is on it's way ... followed by another email from Amazon telling me 'Gems' is on it's way!     Double brilliant!!! lol    Sorry for rambling but I've got visitors so I'm trying to make it look as though I'm not really on here ;)

hugs from me, xxx

(di in Scotland)

... and this is a link to the 2nd part of the show with Barry in it ... http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid71245874001?bckey=A...

Sorry, I should have realised the links were for only one part of the show.   Enjoy :)

di xxx

(Scotland)

Do you think I should start again Diane - how absolutely marvellous that link was - oh God Barry was great, what a laugh, what a sense of humour and that song he sang.......maybe I am just going a bit OTT - Helena will be coming over here and given my two black eyes !! LOL.  

Thanks again Diane for the link - it was great to see the show and I can't wait to see his Audience with Barry Manilow - I think that will be a knock-out.......that is something Michael should consider doing and with his sense of humour too I think it would be a pretty good show, to say the least !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Diane,

I'm splitting on you, I'm going to tell your guests what you are doing - I am a horrible wee so-and-so like that !!! LOL.

Apart from that your link worked fabulously - thanks a million Diane for it was great to see Barry and especially him singing that song, "Bring on Tomorrow" for it is one I like but, when you get your CD, see what you think of the one "Letter From a Fan" - I just think it is fantastic - the song, the concept, the uniqueness of it, I just think it is brilliant and then my next favourite is "Trainwreck" and then my next favourite .....................how about the whole album !! :)  Thanks Diane for putting in that link and it is just a pity Helena can't watch it - hahahahahahehehehehe !!! :)    I know Helena, I am a rotten wee sod but I got to see Barry and you didn't !!!!! LOL.   Hey, watch it, you doing a Kathy and throwing something over the pond at me - I ducked and you missed !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.   

You're too late Sylvia, they've gone to bed!! lol   

I lost track of Barry's music for quite awhile, it was just luck that I turned the TV on then, but so glad I did!   He was just brilliant, as funny as ever but so down to earth still.   I didn't know he was doing an Audience with Barry Manilow?  Thought I'd mention that before I forget. 

Anyway, that's why I was so pleased Helena started this thread, so I could post on here a little bit about Barry :) 

hugs from me,

(di, Scotland)xxx

Hi Diane....LOL....I'll be going to bed shortly!!!  I didn't go to Barry's CD signing in London, since I live in New York.  I missed the signing he had in New York a few weeks ago...sorry to say.....but I did order myself tickets to see 2 of his 3 shows in New York in February of next year.  Just got them in the mail today, and I am thrilled!!!!  I've been a Fanilow, since the beginning and have always been proud to be a fan of Barry's.   :)

Hugs, 

Helena...xx....

Hi Helena,

Sorry for the delay replying, things have been a little hectic here but the visitors have gone now ;)   I'm sorry you missed the signing in New York, I can't imagine what it must be like to actually stand in front of Barry and speak!

Please would you post somewhere about the shows in New York ... you have no idea how envious I am!!!   I've only managed to catch one of his concerts here in the UK, he had Laryngitis and a broken toe!!!   We all sang the songs for him and he joined in now and again, but he was as brilliant as ever :) :) :)

I've still not got my '15 minutes', there's been a mix-up with the post in my area ... I live virtually in the middle of nowhere .... so I have to wait until next week now.    By that time I should get the 'Gems' bundle as well :)

hugs from me,

(di in Scotland) xxx

Sure Diane!!  When I see Barry concerts, will let you all know how it was!!

Hope you get your CD's soon!!!

Hugs,

Helena...xx...

Hey wee one!!  I did see Barry's video over on Facebook.....saw him singing Copacabana and Bring on Tomorrow (which you will see on my profile page)!!!  He was terrific!!!!  Yes, this CD of Barry's is so great and Gems is also a wonderful CD!!!!  Sometimes I don't know which one to listen to first....LOL!!!!!  I listened to 15 Minutes this morning going to work on the train, then Gems on my way home....was that great or what!!!!  I haven't thrown anything over the pond yet, so don't temp me....LOL!!!!!

Helena....wee Brooklyn friend...xx...

Oh NO - I thought I had one up on you - oh NO, another illusion shattered !!! LOL.   You know too I am glad you did see the show - wasn't it great and wasn't he just on fine form - loved his joking about too !! :)   So glad as well you got your tickets - NOW you really know you are going - so pleased for you !!! :)

Sylvia.   La tua amica wee Scottish.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service