Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the idea of the donations to MBC and if Andrena can keep some type of track of it like Gail said that would be cool.  I am not crafty so no way can I sew a square for a quilt..LOL  His charity means so much to him, if we can do something with the donations idea that's one thing he will appreciate a whole lot!!!! Just my 2 cents.

Robin in MD:)

Hey Robin, we're still just sharing ideas so nothing is set in stone yet. If anything else comes to mind, let us know. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie for bringing this topic up once again :) My theory is keep it simple. I will participate in donating to MBC for sure for Michael's birthday! Michael spends a whole lot of time and energy developing his charity (loads of concerts and appearances) and I think that is the easiest gift to give without going in several directions which can complicate matters unnecessarily. Personally, I think a donation would mean so much to Michael because the charity is very IMPORTANT to him :)) I know nothing has been "decided" but that is my decision for personal reasons :) Lots of fun ideas...but boy oh boy...the logistics!! I suppose my little mind couldn't even attempt to take on some of these suggestions...lol I know....no surprise...LOL I have complete faith in Andrena to compile the donations, names, countries, etc. since she does that already with the world renown MBC!! 

Take care ladies...

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I agree Kathy in CA..logistics and such will be difficult with alot of "projects" covering so many people world wide and I still agree with you, the charity support is the BEST GIFT we can give Michael.  He truly appreciates it, no matter what amount people want to give..just note it's for his birthday and Andrena can keep track if she can help that way for us all and give him a total by his birthday from his fans and a list of names and where they are from or something..That's what I still think is best also.  With Andrena taking the donations from us all directly at the MBC and her keeping track, there is no confusion or miscommunications and everyone can donate on their own time frame before his birthday..After the Reno event is over Andrena will hopefully be able to help us out. 

Robin in MD:)

Robin, you don't need to sew!  I volunteered to do all the sewing.  All you would need to do is cut a piece of fabric to 4" by 4" square.  Sign your name, or write a birthday message with Magic Marker, or whatever you want to do with it.  I would stitch everyone's squares into a wall hanging.  Of course a donation to MBC in honor of his BD would be appreciated.  But I think it would be nice to do something for HIM personally, some sort of permanent memento from his fans.  Cards are nice, anyone can do that, too.  But something designed for him personally would probably be cherished.  Amie

Have a fantastic time, Tiffany. I know this will be so much fun for all who are attending and for MB, too.

Kathy T. :-)

Hi all, I’ve been thinking about what Robin said about not everyone being crafty and I do agree that donations to MBC  would mean a lot to Michael. I’ve also been thinking about Amie’s idea of the quilt. To be honest, I like the idea because it’s personal, but I know not everyone would be equipped to print out pics and as mentioned, not everyone is crafty. Then I had a flashback of the 2002 MBC fan reception I went to. That’s where I met Michael’s brother Orrin for the first time. I remember he had his guitar with him and he had a bunch of people sign it. Unfortunately, I found out later so I couldn’t. Anyway, I heard it meant a lot to him so I had this thought: how about we could take a let’s say 4 or 6 inch piece of fabric and just sign it like: “Sylvie from QC Canada” or “Mary from KY” etc? Depending on the amount of pieces, it could be a wall hanging, a banner, a “blanket” to wrap another present or whatever everyone agrees on. It’s a thought. I’m sure a 6 inch square of fabric is something we can all find. Let me know what you think. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I like the idea, Sylvie, and that of donations as well.

Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

That is a great Idea Sylvie for the 4 or 6 inch piece of fabric and just sign it with our names on it.

Sylvie - my thoughts exactly.  Some sort of personal memento expressly designed & made for him.  As long as all the fabric squares are the same size (4 inches square works well - I made a Christmas quilt with 4" squares of printed Christmas fabrics, and it's a very easy size to work with!).  Maybe some people are crafty (or take photos to Staples or somewhere to do a transfer onto fabric!), and maybe some like textile painting, and anyone can use a Magic Marker to say "Happy BD" and sign their name.  Donations to his Charities will certainly be appreciated & meaningful.  Cards are always welcome.  But I still think for his 60th his fans should come up with something which is personal for Michael.  If not a wallhanging I can stitch up from fabric squares, then maybe someone has another idea for a personal memento from his fans which Michael would want to keep, perhaps pass on to posterity.  Cheers, Amie

I don't want to be doom and gloom but I am going to be !!!!! LOL.    As I have said these ideas of scrapbook, blankety type thing.....great    BUT   a blanket of so many squares of such and such a size and all sewn together and all personalized by us for Michael to see.....SOUNDS great but, unfortunately, I believe there is required to be a rather fundamental factor in creating such a thing, or anything like that, and as far as I can see that factor is sorely missing for, if I have counted correctly, there has only been five of us contributed extra ideas for MB's gift with a further two stating that their preference is solely for donations to MBC !!    How long do you wait for all these people to appear on here and give their support, or thoughts, and more importantly how long do you give them to complete whatever may be decided upon and I for sure am starting to feel that, where very nice ideas, they are not going to be feasible.

I am still going toward the idea of a single gift from us all and whether it be sent to him, or there a quite a few going to the concert on his birthday and as a group if they could be granted a few minutes of MB's time to give him the gift on behalf of us all......what shape, form, colour, style or whatever the gift takes can be worked out but that is the road I believe we have to go on and the one I would rather go on !!

Also too I would love to see the donations to MBC if Andrena can and is willing to do something on our behalf plus our own individual birthday cards to MB, again they are dependent if Gail is willing to collect and forward onto Michael for us, and I wouldn't be surprised if MB will keep all his birthday cards from his 60th just as much as he would keep a scrapbook etc. for I believe they, and whatever personal messages are put in, will mean as much to him and remember a card can be made very personal in as much as it can be made from start to finish and therefore be as personal as any square that could be made to fit into a blanket and, if made, as unique as.   

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I agree, Sylvia, and I have enjoyed reading everyones ideas and heartfelt sentiments about MBs 60th.

Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service