Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Lillian - welcome to the forum.  If you decide on making a fabric square for the wallhanging, you have 2-3 weeks to pop it off in the mail to me.  Squares are starting to come in, & I think MB will love "being part of the fabric of our lives," so to speak.  Some of the squares are amazing.  People using glue, textile paints, markers, attaching "odd bits" - you name it.  This is really fun.  Cheers, Amie

Thanks for update Amie and it certainly is sounding good......think it is going to be a little bitty different for a birthday gift and certainly pretty sure it will be a different one from what MB is used to getting.....hope he gets a real nice surprise and that he likes !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Welcome Lillian&Kathleen. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hey Amie, expect a square from Australia in the next little while: our friend Dianna told me she'd be sending one! She's very busy these days but found the time for that and I'm very happy she did. Take care girl. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Great!  I'll look forward to receiving it.  Picked up another one in the mailbox yesterday.  Cheers, Amie

Neat squares are coming in. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hello Amie,

I have to come on here just to say THANKYOU!!!

I think it is a brillant idea and you really are a treasure to sew it all together

If I were over there I could come and help :)

As dear Sylvie has stated I did send my square yesterday :)

I have done it on Transfer paper that is used to iron onto fabric which of cause I have done, it is on just some white linen Material

I will put a picture on here

Robin and Sylvie I just done the map of Australia with the flag in it with the words Keep Punching Mick! William and Dianna Shipman and I couldn't resist putting "The pen Lady" LOL!!!

Thanks again Amie

Love Dianna xxx

Thanks for sharing  Dianna....very nice!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks for descriptions girls. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves alife & Michael Bolton :)

Oh that is beautiful Dianna and thanks so much for sharing it with us.....thanks !!!  :)   I have a funny feeling Michael may "just" know exactly who that is from and he will be waiting for his jar of "marmite" or, whatever it is called, in Aussie......hey Dianna, there is an idea for his personal birthday present from you !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Slyvia,

Michael might have finished the Jar we gave him perhaps he needs another jar of

Vegemite :)

He did say he didn't mind it because he liked salty things

Personnally I love it but then I grew up with it :)

I haven't much time at the moment so my square was quick and easy

Love Dianna xxx

Just in case, for any new members on here, who haven't a clue what we are talking about here is a picture of Michael on stage in Sydney in April last year just after Dianna had given him a jar of vegemite and it was given to him because earlier a tv channel pulled a fast one on him and filmed a spoof with him concerning a jar of vegemite and the "supposed" PM of Australia who had the spoon to eat the vegemite well concealed on her person (in her bra) until she produced it and then gave it to Michael to use, which he did, to everyone's delight  !! lol

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service