Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL!  Marmite & Vegemite always remind me of the I Love Lucy episode where she's supposed to be spokeswoman for a TV ad for some meatamitavegemin-thing. . . . Bleeagh!  More power to MB. . .  Cheers, Amie

That is so cool!  MB will love it, I'm sure.  Now to get going on my own squares - yikes!  Cheers, Amie

Hi Amie,

I just wanted to announce a little package with squares from Germany, sent by last Saturday ... I can't wait to see the whole wallhanging!

Thank you so much for your idea and work. All the best from Germany

Astrid

Hey Amie, How many squares have you gotten so far? Just wondering! Michael is gonna love this, so much:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Can't wait to see the Finished product:)! Thanks Amie:)!

Mary (M&M's)!

Hi Amie,

Still not finished with my square yet but will be posting it off hopefully begining of next week.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear so many are participating in this gift for Michael.

Have a great day!

Kellie

Hey Dianna, you had to put in "the pen lady" because it's your calling card! In your shoes, I would have pin-pointed my town in red on the map though! lol I can just imagine the ear-to ear-smile on Michael's  face when he sees it! Thanks so much for finding the time to do it sweetie, God bless. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada xxx

Not a bad idea Sylvie I should have thought of that :)

Hugs right back at ya!

Love Dianna xxx

Who better go catch up on the ironing !!!

Hi Dianna,

another idea came up to me: "your radio phone-call lady"!!! Do you remember his excitement realizing you were calling from "down under" on our "radio-love-something" -adventure? LOL Great memories too!

Big hug, Astrid

Hi Astrid.

I could never forget :)

Yes another good idea!

Love Dianna xxx

That phone call was hysterical Dianna!!! I wish I had an interpreter for your down unda lingo!!! I was on hold waiting my turn which unfortunately didn't happen after the thunder from down under!!!! Good times :))) ROFL!!! Dianna...here s an idea...show a pen dialing a rotary phone dial....old style! Remember those?...LOL 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy, now that would have been a hat trick having had Dianna, Robin and you on the phone ! ! !  LOL

Have a great day, Astrid

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service