Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Amie! Astrid

Hi Amie,

I am sending you 9 squares that I have been working on to try and finish before you get done and mail the hanging off without mine on there. Going to the post office in a few hours, hope you will get them in time.

Thanks Amie for being so patient and all your work on this project.

Kellie

Hey Kellie....I think you are serious competition for Sylvia in the square total amount department!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

OH BOY, can't wait to see this finished MB fan masterpiece!!!! Competition is on Kathy R., LOL........They are both winners for contributing so much to all of these squares, thanks, Ladies!!!!!

AND, thanks a million for putting this together for us, Amie, :-):-):-):-)

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

You are right Kathy T.....this will be a great quilt with everyone's squares :)))) It will be fun to see everyone's creativity and how we all express our fan support for Michael!! It will be fun to "guess" what square came from whom just by its design. Can't wait to see it!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Kellie is far outdoing me ladies for basically I only did one extra for the others were on behalf of people who couldn't do but who we agreed should be represented on the wall hanging i.e. his daughters, granddaughters, Ashley and Jack Sparrow and I threw in a spare one for his hole-in-one and of course my own too from the "Wee One" ..... she couldn't be, missed out, now, could she !!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

You are more than correct Wee One for I found it IMPOSSIBLE to put 23 years of being a MB fan into ONE 4 inch square!!! LOL So I did the next best thing...lol...and made a series of 4 squares all surrounded with a matching border so it fits together as a set of four!!! My bad!! Afterall ladies...four inches is pretty small!!!! ROFL!! My bad again...sorry!! But Amie was sooooo smart making our squares the standard quilt size for we can all get very carried away with all things MB...lol Ok...I am leaving....

Kathy and LAFD Bob

That sounds more than pretty good and pretty ingenious Kathy......can't wait to see yours on the wall hanging but you know, for some, 4 inches was enough.....some people don't reckon that to be too small but if you prefer your 8 inches ....och well, each to his own !!!!! LOL.

Well Ladies,

First off I am not any kind of seamstress and had difficulty doing this, so I can only hope that some of the squares can be utilized. Amie is probably going to be laughing at mine, she will have to pull off some real magic. LOL

Kellie

Who thinks size matters...

Sylvia,

ROFL!!!! You are to funny!

Joy

NJ

To each his own Wee One....little one....small one....any way you slice it....ROFL!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I ain't answering that one Kathy for far too many answers going through my mind and none I can put on here and getting worried for I can't think of a double entendre either ......slowing down in my old age !!! LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service