Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe some of us can do the donations and the rest that want to do something more as a group can do that..I still vote for the donations, easy, simple and folks can donate what they are comfortable donating.  I think that will mean the most to Michael from the fans to celebrate his birthday.  We can still do the card thing like other years maybe if Gail wants to collect them (we have to ask her), so he will get cards and folks can write in the cards too they donated to the MBC for his birthday if they choose to donate. That will make him smile, seeing cards with notes in them.. Just thinking some of us can do that and the rest that want to be part of a group gift could do that also. 

I can see a slew of fans lined up at the stage with gifts that night!!LOL Look out MB :):)  We are going to be in 2nd row and I just hope we all get to sing Happy Birthday as an audience to him that night.that will be so cool!!! LOL

Robin in MD:)

Sylvia it isn't doom and gloom...just reality. All the ideas are great but the task becomes so great with so many fans!! I certainly am getting excited for Michael's 60th bd with all this talk!! lol  We are all the best fans here and I know he will appreciate our efforts and thoughts for wishing him a great birthday :) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Robin!

Been a long time since I posted! Just want to say wish I could be there when the audience sings Happy Birthday to Michael that night! It will really be an awesome experience for the audience and Michael!!  Have a blast!!

Tina P. in CT

That is true what you say there my wee scottish friend . We must do something that will have MB remember us each from the very special gift we send him. It has to be something that means alot to MB and lies close to his heart .

Your SA friend

Sheroda

I will be glad to collect birthday cards and right after Christmas I'll start doing that and will post info for anyone wanting to do that.  Gail

Thanks a bunch Gail!!!

Robin in MD :)

Hey Gail,

Thank You for being our go to lady...when we need you! Michael will Love & Appreciate anything we all do for him...no matter what:)! But He will Love his Cards...who doesn't like Cards?  Thanks for always being there for Us! Now how do we keep this a Secret from him:)! LOL!

Have a Great Day!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Thanks Gail for confirming that ....need to get working on that card !!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Gail...I surely appreciate your help :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi to all,
These all sound like great ideas we are throwing around here!  I am just reading the site while I am awaiting for the storm here.  (Hurricane Sandy on her way!) Will hit tomorrow.  Sylvia, I never heard of a "Quaich" so for anyone else who doesn't know what it is:
Very beautiful piece! Most I clicked on are from UK sites so this is not a US type item. 
So far I am liking all I am reading.  Will check back in a few days after the storm to give my thoughts on what you all come up with.  I certainly want to participate in whatever we do!
Joy
from the "Raging" Jersey Shore

Hey Joy, thanks for chiming in sweetie,take care and stay safe. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for putting in this little picture of a quaich Joy....it is pronounced "quake" and it is Scottish and it is a Scottish drinking cup which overtime has come to be recognized as a trophy at golf and they obviously are of many ornate designs and I think you can well imagine that filled with a good Glenfiddich double malt.....down the hatch folks !!!!! LOL.

Thanks again Joy !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service