Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary Lynn and Michael's list for donations to the Red Cross is really closed, I believe I'm correct in saying, for it was the list that was presented to him on his 60th birthday on 26th February or there abouts.   The American Red Cross became involved because of the Sandy disaster and those wishing to recognize Michael's birthday with a donation to the Red Cross were advised to inform Gail or Andrena that they had made a donation and then that donation was acknowledged on the list presented to Michael informing him of donations made to MBC in honour of his birthday.   I do not even know if the American Red Cross are still taking donations for the Sandy Appeal for if you made a donation you were advised to mark it for that specific appeal.

I am sorry Mary Lynn but I would say you are too late in making a donation but if anyone feels that my advice is completely wrong please come in and let Mary Lynn know.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Mary Lynn, this thread was started leading up to Michael's 60th birthday last February sweetie. It's obviously still very possible to give to the Red Cross. I don't know how it works if you mention to them that you want to give in Michael's name for instance and if you get recognition from them for doing so. I'm sure that if they send you a proof of donation, you can always send it in a card, let's say for Christmas, to Gail so she could forward it to Michael's office. I have a feeling you don't check your forum in-box sweetie, because I had sent all my friends the info, when I first started this. BTW, I've sent you another PM through your forum in-box a few days ago to let you know about Michael's upcoming December concert in Pitsburgh Pa, in case you didn't know. I hope this helps as far as the Red Cross goes at least. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sorry you found this thread too late to be on board. Please let us know if you get in touch with the Red Cross, okay? Take care Mary Lynn. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hey Mary Lynn, Sorry you missed out on this Event! We All had a blast planning Michael's 60th B-Day:)! Amie offered to make a quilt, and we All sent her our very own squares from All over the World:)! He has it @ his house! I hope you get the chance to read all about it! But hey there's always another B-Day:)! Sylvie's right, ck 1st w/red cross, see if it's possible for you to make a donation for Michael! If not, there is always his very own Charity! Nevertheless...have Fun reading about our special party:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Everybody,

Realizing it is already Dec. and Michael's Birthday coming around in Feb. Are we planning to do anything for him this year? Last year's gift we started on in Oct., I believe. That lovely quilt we contributed on last year will be pretty hard to top. Please let me know what the plan is.

Thanks,

Kellie

Hi Kellie, as you might have been able to tell by the silence on this thread, we're not planning anything elaborate for Michael's next birthday, but I'm sure Gail will let us know after the hollidays, when we can send in the regular cards. This years preps were mind-boggling and exciting, but I don't think we can come up with anything as awesome every year and expect many fans to take part. Besides, Michael might run out of room to put them! lol Thank you for posting Kellie, take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

I agree Sylvie, how could we Top his 60th? That was pretty impressive!!!

Mary (meg's mom)!

His 65th will be a "big one."  We should at some point think about topping the wallhanging for that one.  But I'd guess that decision is a bit premature for the next couple of years!  Maybe we can do some neat card or such for #61, 62, etc.  Cheers to all!  Amie

Hi there
Sorry to send this message to you,I'm trying to find contact info since becoming a member on this site
Could you help me please find a link for Gail it may not work as I'm using iPad ..laptop being repaired
Sorry to intrude on your page..but need some help finding this link
Take Care
God Bless
Alice xx

Alice, my email is boltoninfo@aol.com  Gail

Wonder if Santa will bring me a new laptop Gail lol
I keep losing so much on here love reading all the
Blogs and past post but when input iPad on next day
The link has gone...will try email soon Gail
Thanks a million
Take care all Ali xx

Hi Alice, for future reference, if you’re able to see it with your IPad, Gail’s E-mail address is included in my initial title post, but glad Gail herself came in to give it to you anyway. No need to apologize: you did the right thing by asking and got what you needed. :D If you need any more help navigating the site etc, please feel free to ask. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Alice and hey don't apologize for intruding on any page for you are a member on here, same as us all and have every right to be in on every page !!!! :)

Do hope you will feel free to join us in all the threads we have on forum and once again, don't apologize, for you are more than WELCOME here .....okay???? :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service