http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-media-news/north-west-marketing-...

CBJWT signs up Michael Bolton to sell airtime for JT

CBJWT has enlisted the Grammy award-winning singer Michael Bolton to star in a new campaign for the agency’s Channel Island-based and state-owned telecommunications company JT (formerly Jersey Telecom).

The new campaign is promoting a new pay-as-you-go suite of mobile offers and the campaign, which is entitled “MyCool Bolt-on”, uses manipulated titles of the star's songs to promote the bolt-on deals.

The campaign launches this month and will span radio, press, posters, in-store, online and on social media.

The media planning and buying has been executed in-house by JT’s marketing team.

The campaign also coincides with the release of Bolton's new album. The singer has sold over 53 million albums and singles worldwide.

CBJWT won the business just over a year ago when it saw off competitive pitches from several London agencies.

Tamara O’Brien, head of marketing, brand & distribution at JT said: “We are absolutely thrilled that our new bolt-on campaign has coincided with Michael Bolton’s new album release. It has provided us with a fantastic opportunity to create a one-off tongue in cheek play on words, which has resulted in some very creative and memorable advertising.

“We are delighted to introduce our new pre-paid offers with such a high profile campaign featuring one of my personal favourite music legends, which really will capture the hearts of many fans and the attention of islanders in Jersey and Guernsey, where the iconic singer plans to perform later this summer.”

The creative idea to approach Michael Bolton came from CBJWT but the actual deal was brokered by JT.

Bolton added: “JT came to me with this idea which I am pleased to endorse. Not only is it funny and creative it very much celebrates my music. I am looking forward to visiting the island of Jersey and of course JT have kindly given me my very own MyCool Bolt-on mobile to use whilst I’m there.

Views: 741

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found all the print ad photos from the website and copied them for everyone to save!

Sylvie B. & Robin R. - Sylvia has already described them for you.

Enjoy.......Joy

/templates/GenericPage.aspx?id=3248

Thanks Joy for I love them all and as I have said the use of the word "legendary" I think that is just a fantastic little quirk to the campaign......a legend in his time !!! LOL

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

I got in contact with JT a few days to request some advertising materials that I will ask Michael to sign for us. One of their reps has said he will come back to me soon to let me know which items, if any, they can send. 

I will let you know how I get on. 

Jennifer 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service