I'm starting this thread so our thoughts as we all start to read Michael's new book don't get all jumbled up with the promotions for the book or CD or regular info and we know where to come.  So when you read the book and want to make comments on what you thought...post them here.  Thanks, Gail

Views: 3158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kathy in Tulsa, lol I hope you find the Tidy Cat refuge, but hope things are okay for you this morning sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada <3

Hi Sylvie,

Yes much better today, Sylvie, thanks. T-town is really a great place, just a bit rocky in our city lately like many places these days.

I began listening to MBs audio this morning, everyone will love it and I know all are excited and anxious to receive theirs. It is very different listening to MB talk to us like this, we are so use to him singing.
Everyone have a great Super Bowl Sunday and MB one as well.

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

You too Kathy T.. I know just the teasers are great of the audio book!!LOL Mine is on the way soon too. 

Enjoy this Superbowl Sunday with whatever everyone's doing. My hubby is now making BBQ chicken for us in the slow cooker to go with other stuff I made yesterday.  Just the two of us but we like to just relax and watch the game and have fun foods (and leftovers so I don't have to cook the next few week days-that works!!)..

Robin in MD:)

You WILL love the audio Robin MD.!!!!

Have fun today and the food sounds wonderful. Yummy, ENJOY!!!!!!

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

I'm finally able to start reading Michael's book and even though I knew a lot of  what I'm reading the book puts all the pieces together if you know what I mean?  I'm really enjoying it.  His writing style is great I think and I'm really enjoying reading!!  My mom wants to read it next!!!

That's how I feel Gail. I'm almost half way again on the 2nd read and I feel like things fall into place more now. He's told parts of these stories over the years in interviews but not with so much detail.  It is a nice read isn't it!! I am going to give my copy to my mom too. She's met MB and wants to read it also!! I hope your mom enjoys it too.

We watch the SuperBowl here every year, love the commercials and half time shows and just want to see it.. Also this year our home city team is in it so there's no question we are watching it and made some fun food to go along. I can sit and read at the same time tho too.. I do it all the time!!LOL

Enjoy the book everyone!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks Gail...now we can be like Oprah and have our very own book club!!!! This is a great idea!!!! Who knew MB was a stoner?????? LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

LOL Kathy R..Yup, we do have our own MB Book Club!!LOL  Yeah I say how the heck did he even survive..He said that too!!!

Robin in MD:)

I have started the book, half way thru.  I thought it started slow.  I must say reading his younger years, its just a miracle he has been the success he has been.  Against all odds.  I have to wonder what MB advice would be to his kids.  i have a feeling the mom raised the girls, but would MB have supported a free will spirit to his children?  Would he been understanding of his daughters drug use?  The important thing is he DID see the light and turned his life around.  You have to wonder if MB would have been more successful earlier if he had not wasted many years in a fog.  But truthfully, probably not.  I am working my way to learn the  history between him and Nicolette.  LOL I think he could do better then her.

Debbie, I don't know how much it says in the book on his divorce...haven't gotten that far but Michael had custody of all three girls...he was a single dad...I'm sure he raised them just like we raise our own...do as I say and not as I did!!!!LOL

I admire Michael's honesty about his early youth and the funny "cigarettes" he rolled. I do wonder though if he was as honest about his teen years with his daughters when they young teens. Perhaps now that they are adults MB can tell a fuller story...lol My belief is you tell kids what they need to know and what they can handle at certain times in their development. I laugh when MB says his mom would yell in despair.."I hope you have kids like yourself one day"....don't we parents all think that at one time or another!! I am almost finished and am thoroughly enjoying it!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Yes, I am further into the book that answers the questions/concerns I had regarding his daughters. I did not know he raised his girls. Kudos to him. I wonder what  happened to their mother?  I figure out of respect to his girls and his ex privacy that will not be answered.  Even though I am guilty of skipping thru some of the book, I find the book to be very well written.  With writing a book and working with his music and living with three daughters , I can see where his love life would suffer. I read somewhere that when MB and Nicolette were engaged, they bought a house together and she threw him out!!! Seriously, who kicks MB out of their house? LOL  Nicolette might be the greatest person in the world, but she's just not who I  see MB spend the rest of his life with (LOL like my opinion counts). I see him hooked up with someone like Hoda Kotb.. But I'm afraid MY Michael is attracted to "vampie" women. My advice to MB,  Michael don't get married this late in life, serves no purpose. Marriage is for raising babies.  Well, I am off to finish reading the book.  I will probably have to come back and offer apologies to Nicolette when I am finished.   

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service