I'm starting this thread so our thoughts as we all start to read Michael's new book don't get all jumbled up with the promotions for the book or CD or regular info and we know where to come.  So when you read the book and want to make comments on what you thought...post them here.  Thanks, Gail

Views: 3158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Debbie maybe when reading the book you shouldn't be skipping so much !! lol   Michael's ex-wife, Maureen, still figures very much in the girls' lifes and  also has throughout the years because although Michael won custody he never denied them, nor their mother, access to each other and that was something they both settled, together, out of court and I believe it was on one of the Oprah shows that Michael made mention of that years ago.    On the actual divorce Michael may not have spent a lot of time on that in the book because part of the settlement was that neither party ever discuss it and Michael has made that very clear when the media have tried to ferret information from him and also got to remember, when reading, that it is Michael's memoirs, not the memoirs of those who have touched his life.    

Hope you enjoy the book and learn a lot about Michael that you didn't know and that it makes you respect and admire him, much more, than you did.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hello Sylvia,
very nice comments, and it makes it easier to understand, the book is a gem, thank you very much, have a good day

tend

katia

Sylvia, I called myself only skipping thru the parts of who help to produce what song.  I did read where the girls came to live with him, but did I miss that it actually said he  won custody? Or is that just what you know from interviews?  It is true I am learning a lot of things I did not know.  I am extremely impressed with his perserverance. You can tell he is a very "deep" person.

Just what I know Debbie for I haven't got my copy of the book and would think it will be at least another week before I get it here but glad you are enjoying it !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

oh Sylvia, I am at the part about him being sued for copyright infringement.   OHHH its so sad,,,,if only we fans knew ,,, we could have whipped  that jury's ass...!!! LOL  

Hey Debbie think if we had done that it might just have made it worse for Michael....he could have ended up paying out double what he had to pay !!! lol

Yes Debbie that part is heart-wrenching. .I remember Louis Levin telling us at the time they were going to win that and for us not to worry about it..:(   There is more to that story in the book too that we never heard of before..MB is a tough guy despite all of this..Gotta love him for how he persevered!!!!!!

Robin in MD:)

LOL

I found myself getting mad all over again during the lawsuit story!! I remember yelling at the damn tv when the story would come on. It breaks my heart that MB's own reps were "in on the deal" so to speak and I strongly believe that is why he lost. And juries???? All I will say about juries is OJ walking free after his murder trial here!!!! Absolutely nothing worse than an insider turning on you AND having a stupid jury!!!! Michael will have the last laugh. His patience will persevere and I am glad he won't be as trusting with certain entities. You just can't be so open and still protect yourself. Bless you Michael and you are being rewarded...just look at your career now?? :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Well said Kathy and whilst I don't know everything about that episode we did get quite a bit of information over here when it reached its peak and a bit like you, I got angry !! :)

Sylvia is correct...the girls came to live with Michael but he doesn't  discuss the arrangements because the agreements at divorce was that neither side do so.  The children's mother lived nearby and still does and the kids visited her often then as they do now.

Hi Gail....I like that Michael didn't turn his book into a "reality show" and place his daughters privacy out in the open regarding the divorce and their personal relationship with their mom. Way to go Michael!!! There is way too much personal info made public and it causes the vampires to gather and wait for their attack. Go away pariahs!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service