Hope no one minds but I thought best to start a new thread for this as believe there could be plenty to share and discuss on it.  Will start by placing on here tweet Michael has posted and if you go into the link it not only shows you tweet but gives you details about how to enter competition to become a backup singer in Michael's band for 1 week by taking you into video that Michael has made explaining the rules and here is link into that video  http://youtu.be/GF6NDRH4w2c 

Michael Bolton @mbsings   

I'm looking for a backup singer!Upload an audition video & get your friends, family & fans to vote! Hope to see you …

BELOW IS LINK INTO PAGE WHERE YOU CAN ACCESS VIDEOS OF ENTRIES RECEIVED SO FAR and where you can vote on them.  To vote, you have to create an account, by signing up with Dream Jobbing and it is quite simple to do and each time you go in and want to vote you log in.  You do not have to create an account to just listen to videos.

You can vote as often as you like for any video but you are only allowed to vote once for it within a 24 hour period.

When you go into link to view videos uploaded please access "see more" at foot, as there are more than shown on initial page.

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton#647

Round 1: DreamJob applications open to everyone
Dates: November 5th, 2014 - December 15th, 2014

Round 2: Top 20 announced
Date: December 15th - Voting closes
Date: December 17th - Top 20 announced

Round 3: Top 20 interviewed
Date: December 17th - December 19th

Round 4: Winner announced
Date: 9th January, 2015 (notification of change in date from Dream Jobbing on 6th January)

Round 5: DreamJobbing Live - Michael Bolton Backup Singer
Dates: The DreamJob will take place from January 19th - January 26th, 2015 in Florida

Round 2 COMPLETED and Top 20 have been announced and here is link which will take you into those who have been selected: http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

WINNERS OF DREAM JOBBING'S COMPETITION ANNOUNCED AND THEY ARE :

Charlotte France  and  Naika Richard

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

Views: 4149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have taken liberty of copying and pasting discussion on above which started with Gail's post of link into article concerning and which was placed on Miscellany thread and which takes you up to present time.

Reply by Gail yesterday

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/vh1-big-morning-buzz-live-ann...  

Here is an article regarding a contest on Dreamjobbing.  People apply to do a dream job that has been posted and the winner gets to do the job.  On Twitter there was a post from them with a picture of Michael saying Michael had been part of one of the jobs. This article states the job Michael is offering is for a back up singer.

Thanks Gail. How cool is that! !

Robin in MD :)
Delete

Terrific find Gail and wondered what Michael was going to offer and thanks for heads up.  Somebody might just get a permanent place out of it when Kelly has gone if they are good enough....wow, wish I wasn't tone deaf !!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Gail, thanks for the article: that's an awesome opportunity! Take care sweetie and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

That is fun! If you go to Dream Jobbing, there is a video of Michael and the the 2 song clips they want. Michael will pick 20 contestants. Thanks for passing this on.

Hey Sally, thanks for the tip! I can't seem to have access to the video, but here's the link to the page:

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

Break a leg to anyone applying and please let us know! :D Thanks again Sally, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Delete

Great find Sally and just coming over with stuff about and what I have found is a YouTube video of it that Dream Jobbing have uploaded.  It certainly sounds a wonderful opportunity for someone and love the idea that we will all be able to vote on who wins once the auditions have taken place and a decision has been made as to who will go forward to be voted on.   

http://youtu.be/GF6NDRH4w2c

And MB said the fans will get to vote too on who the finalist is. Pretty neat..  Exciting for anyone that may have the talent! I wish everyone luck!! One of the songs he wants them to audition with is my all time fav concert song, HCWBL!! Woo Hoo!!!

Robin in MD :) 

Permalink Reply by Robin 14 hours ago

I asked MB on Twitter about seeing the winner of Dream Jobbing next year on tour. Here is the reply! He's been on a roll on Twitter lately!! :) I'm excited for him, from his perspective this is a cool way to find new talent I'm sure!!! I appreciate he answered my question! LOL  I hope it's one of my shows but who knows if they are only there a week, but maybe if they really do well they will be with the tour longer? Never know?? :)

1.  DreamJobs sounds cool. Maybe we will see the winner on your tour next year?

2.  yes and very excited to meet new talent! 

Thanks for sharing your tweet Robin in MD, fun times coming up! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Wow! To be a backup singer. With my raspy husky voice? Hmm. I wouldn't even know how to apply & besides, there's much better voices than mine, that's for sure. After hearing the girls in the back ground & duets, I'd no way win but what a dream come true. Ha! ha!

Hey Sylvia, thanks a lot for the video link, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Good idea Sylvia, take care and thanks. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

A very good idea, Sylvia! Many thanks !!!

Petra (Germany)

WOW! The "dream job" I've often dreamed about having!!! My husband is a classical concert pianist by profession & a brilliant musician & my children ( & grandchildren) have all inherited his AMAZING talent. However, I am extremely "musically- challenged"-- TOTALLY tone deaf, wouldn't attempt to sing even in the shower for fear someone might hear me,  nor could I even find "middle C " on the piano!! (Can you imagining trying to practice the piano with your kids every day, & not have the faintest idea of what you're doing? I'm a great faker!!!)

Having said that, I do however, know the lyrics to EVERY single song Michael has ever recorded.

So what about lip-syncing????? Like I said, I am a great faker!!!

Ha! Ha!

Paula in Utah :)

Hi Paula and great to see you on here and thanks very much for your honesty and I am in exactly the same position....tone deaf !!!! lol   Should also add, of course, being an OAP don't think I would look quite right in the skimpy outfits Michael would probably like on stage !!! LOL

It certainly is a wonderful opportunity for someone and can't wait till they get the entries sorted out and then we can start voting....it will sure be fun !!! :)

In saying about fun have you seen our thread in the Music section where you can vote on your 5 favourite songs that Michael seldom sings on stage.  We are going to compile a Top 10 from the votes and Gail, moderator of the website, is going to send to Michael.  Here is link into thread where you can find more information about and hope you will consider coming in and voting !!!

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/suggestions-for-songs-to-...

Hi Sylvia! I don't have much available time for keeping up on things like this, but I will try to  check out the other thread when I get a minute.

Now I have to admit though, I could probably pull off the "skimpy outfit" thing because I have a daughter who is a personal fitness trainer & really cracks the whip with me, but like I said, I'd have to be "lip-syncing" or everyone would be heading out of the concert halls!  LOL!!!!!!!  :)

Paula

Hey Paula, you're a funny girl, welcome to the web site! :D Too bad you don't have much time on your hands, but we'd love to have you back so drop in any time. :D I hope you have time to check Sylvia's thread, it's a lot of fun. Take care Paula. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Started to see some tweets about in relation to voting so I went into site and had a look around and what it seems to be is as soon as the applicant has submitted their video it then gets published on their FB, Twitter, Google, Instagram and the other media site, can't remember its full name, begins with "Lin" accounts and that is how you vote for them. I see it as being friends who will vote for those they know have entered it is not going to be a list of videos that you can go in and listen to and vote on which one, or ones, you like.

At present Michael's Good Job is in Round 1 and has 39 days left for entries and at the end of the 39 days the top 50 vote-getters advance to Round 2 and they get voted on during whatever time is set for that round and the top 20 vote-getters from that round then advance to the Final. The Final is made up of the interviews and then the Winner is announced.

Sylvia. Your wee Scottish friend.
Thanks for the update Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Now that really is a dream job for one lucky person. I don,t think I,d stand much chance unfortunately as my voice is a bit like a foghorn crossed witha hyena LOL!

Sandra UK

Ok so I read about this and I became overthrilled with excitement!!!!  I had a friend on my Facebook comment me with my name and sent me the link so here we go--I AM APPLYING FOR THE DREAM JOB!!!!!  I am going to have my video recorded on hopefully Thursday and posted by Thursday night so I'm going to need yall go to vote for me because they count the votes as well :)  I hope I do well, I've been practicing :)  And I'm scared half to death but if I don't try, I'm going to be kicking myself in the butt for not even trying.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I'm going to need all the luck I can get because if I made it, I have a feeling yall will have to scrape me off the floor haha!!!!!

Oh that is terrific news Joy and wish you nothing but success !!! :)   Of course we will all be in there voting as long as you remember to tell us when you have put it in and where your video is for us to vote on it for I believe you have to put in, or link it through Twitter, or FB, or something.....we'll find it as long as you tell us when you put it in!!! :)   Good luck !! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service