Hope no one minds but I thought best to start a new thread for this as believe there could be plenty to share and discuss on it.  Will start by placing on here tweet Michael has posted and if you go into the link it not only shows you tweet but gives you details about how to enter competition to become a backup singer in Michael's band for 1 week by taking you into video that Michael has made explaining the rules and here is link into that video  http://youtu.be/GF6NDRH4w2c 

Michael Bolton @mbsings   

I'm looking for a backup singer!Upload an audition video & get your friends, family & fans to vote! Hope to see you …

BELOW IS LINK INTO PAGE WHERE YOU CAN ACCESS VIDEOS OF ENTRIES RECEIVED SO FAR and where you can vote on them.  To vote, you have to create an account, by signing up with Dream Jobbing and it is quite simple to do and each time you go in and want to vote you log in.  You do not have to create an account to just listen to videos.

You can vote as often as you like for any video but you are only allowed to vote once for it within a 24 hour period.

When you go into link to view videos uploaded please access "see more" at foot, as there are more than shown on initial page.

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton#647

Round 1: DreamJob applications open to everyone
Dates: November 5th, 2014 - December 15th, 2014

Round 2: Top 20 announced
Date: December 15th - Voting closes
Date: December 17th - Top 20 announced

Round 3: Top 20 interviewed
Date: December 17th - December 19th

Round 4: Winner announced
Date: 9th January, 2015 (notification of change in date from Dream Jobbing on 6th January)

Round 5: DreamJobbing Live - Michael Bolton Backup Singer
Dates: The DreamJob will take place from January 19th - January 26th, 2015 in Florida

Round 2 COMPLETED and Top 20 have been announced and here is link which will take you into those who have been selected: http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

WINNERS OF DREAM JOBBING'S COMPETITION ANNOUNCED AND THEY ARE :

Charlotte France  and  Naika Richard

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

Views: 4149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Voting closes in round one of the Dream Jobbing competition tomorrow so please go in and vote for your favourites and especially your favourites that can SING.

Michael will pick the 20 to go through to round two but he will also have to take into account the number of votes and at the present moment, in my opinion, those 20 that have accumulated the highest number of votes shouldn't all be there.  There are at least half who fall far short of some of the other entrants who just don't have the votes either because they haven't long entered their videos or they don't have the same number of friends voting for them as some who are on FB and are friends with many there who are voting for them on the friendship basis not because they can sing.....blunt, yes, but being so as it is pretty blunt and obvious what is going on with the voting and it is a darn shame.

PLEASE go in and vote for those that can SING !!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Just an up date that voting has now finished and dream job has been placed in the category of being "live".   Top 20 will be announced on 17th after Michael himself has looked over and decided on that top 20.

I'm very curious about Michael's choice! There are some good singers here. 

But also many singer which I would have dissuaded to make a video! ;)

I´d like to be a fly on the wall (ha, ha)!!!

Thank you for the info, Sylvia!!

Petra (Germany)

Thanks for the update Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Tiffany, I don't know if you watch "American Idol", but you often hear contestants who walk in and sing while they couldn't carry a tune in a suitcase. However, they think they can and they often underline that their family and friends have told them they could, out of support or not knowing any better.  All I'm saying is that sometimes, beauty is in the ear of the beholder. I know sometimes, some people just need a little confidence, some people have their own style and some should stick to singing in the shower, because it makes them feel good. I've heard that Colby Caillet was rejected from A I, but she still has a career. To be honest, I really don't know why public votes were allowed since Michael has the final say, but I know nothing... :D Incidentally, there's nothing wrong with a breathy singer: have you ever heard of David Cassidy? If you're too young for that, check him out singing "Cherish" from the Association. He was the most popular teen idol from the 70's.  Well anyway, sorry for the ramble, lol  thanks for sharing sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi again Tiffany, well, they used to be cruel back in the days where Simon was on. Sometimes he was right on though, but too bad he was carrying his tact in a thimble... :D  Maybe public voting was to create excitement about the competition. Heehee, I had a crush on Shaun too, I just watched “The Partridge family” reruns to learn English! Lol Check him out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-c6aAOt50

Ah memories... I love this song... Well anyway, good luck with the mike sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada  :D

Final 20 to be backup singer to Michael has just been announced and here is link which takes you into the list and Michael Howarth, member on here, has been successful.  Michael and his team have done one fantastic job with those they have chosen.....absolutely fantastic !!! :)  I for sure support and agree with them 100%...delighted at the outcome !!! :)

http://dreamjobbing.com/dreamjobs/MichaelBolton

VERY HAPPY that Michael Howarth is one of the 20! :-))

Silvy from CH x

Thanks for the update Sylvia, go Michael Howarth! Do you know how many applicants there were Sylvia? Just wondering. In any case, I'm really happy for Michael H, this was a big hurdle. Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

There were 97 in total but one was of a guy zooming along the road on a scooter (there always has to be the 1, doesn't there ? lol) don't think we will count him so, officially....96 entrants.

Just to add it was Michael's birthday on 16th so what a wonderful birthday present he got on 17th.....way to go Michael !!! :)

Thanks Sylvia!

Unfortunately, I could hear not all candidates because the videos were interrupted time and again!

Important to me: my favorite is among them!

Petra (Germany)

Thank you all so much for your comments, and for the support I've received - I'm truly humbled. I'm absolutely delighted to have got this far - if it ends here, I'm proud to have been selected over some really fantastic vocalists.

Thank you all, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Michael xx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service