Hi, Sophie and I just wondered - what was the final total of last years fan reception please?
£1000 was mentioned in november last year but no final figure.
Did any of the three charities receive the donation yet?
Would be lovely to hear that everyone's donations were helping the charities.
We couldn't find any information anywhere about this on the forum or facebook.

I have also posted this question over on the fan reception facebook group page. I have posted it on the forum so people who aren't on facebook also get the information we are all asking for.

Love Deb and Sophie XX

Views: 5004

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In Michaels defense he has never publicly endorsed this event and there is no written proof that the MB Charities Foundation did either.

They were however made aware of fundraising plans.

DO NOT ASSOCIATE ANY OF THIS WITH THE OFFICIAL MICHAEL BOLTON CHARTIES FOUNDATION They are celebrating 20 years of fundraising and have a registered charity licence and a website showing the work they do along with other charities.

This year's event is in Las Vegas during November :)

The MBC event this year is in Reno, Nevada on November 10th :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I thought it was in Vegas, baby! ;) I love The Hangover films :)

I also completely agree with Gail and Kathy.

Thank you Gail for keeping the thread open and I fully appreciate and share your concerns about Michael's website.

I have nothing further to add to the conversation.

I will in future only be donating to MBC through official ways and agree with Kathy's comments on this above.

Love Deb

I too thank you Gail for coming in here and giving your views and too I appreciate fully your position and your thoughts concerning this thread if this discussion continues and I agree entirely with you for it most definitely has come now to no more truths being told only excuses being drawn out of thin air and for Jennifer and Juliet to truly believe that those excuses will vindicate them in the lies they have told THAT, most definitely, BEGGARS BELIEVE !!

I am more than willing to draw this discussion to a close if and when Juliet or Jennifer supplies the further evidence that money has been paid to the other two Charities, i.e. Clic and MBC and at least I am very, very grateful that we all will know that the evidence produced from MBC  will indeed be official and stand up to any cross examination.     I will also be delighted to know that at least some of the money FINALLY did arrive at its desired destination and can no longer be held by two unscrupulous people who were only out to further their own aims by holding onto it and I hope that those who did donate, can and will take some comfort, that whilst they know they were duped, conned and lied too, their money has arrived at a more than worthwile cause and believe that none of this was their fault for, as I have already said, the canniest of us can be caught by those who attempt to ingratiate themselves with others by using the trust and respect given to them by those who they are doing nothing with but conning.   I still haven't come to the full acceptance of my words in my own mind because for many a long while I have doubted the sincerity of both Juliet and Jennifer but I was always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe I was just being too cynical  but as I was always told, especially by my father, that my cynicism would stand me in good stead and here again I have closed my mind to my inner voice I feel I owe my father an apology along with one to myself for I was stupid enough to trust  and believe that both Juliet and Jennifer really wanted to do good and not, as I kept telling myself, to further their own aims.   I know I have to move on and hopefully one day will be able to tote this episode up to another experience in life and the only thing I want to take from it is that I have learnt an invaluable lesson and that is, to believe in myself and my inner voice and never again be talked or conned into ignoring them.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

that one is coming Gail  -and wasnt asking you to act as a go between but to ask you to verify the letters - something ad this yeares reception gone ahead that could see for themselves

and altho i am on holifay - its rather a sad one as i have taken my fathers ashes home - not quite what i expected to be doing while doing this 

I am having a hard job keeping up with things on here so I apologize if it all seems a little out of sync and I did not want to put in any further comment after mine in answer to Gail but  have been drawn again for in answer to your post Juliet about this year's reception and I believe you have already made mention somewhere about your intention to take evidence to UK Reception in September, if it had gone ahead, once again shows your complete inability to organise anything for you already knew that in all probability I would not have been at Reception and you knew that Kay Smedley would not be there as she is getting married that day so your use of the words "all would have seen evidence" are lies again or do certain people count and others don't in this regard in your's and Jennifer's minds  ??   In case you do not appreciate I will point out that that is a rhetorical question and I know too, I am being nothing but sarcastic, so that doesn't have to be pointed out.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I went on to the CLIC website last night and filled in an enquiry form stating we had raisied funds at the fan reception and could they let us know if a donation had been made and when and if any letter of response would have been sent out. I explained the organisers had not given us this information and when asked were being very defensive or not giving clear information.
I got a phone call this morning from the financial manger at CLIC and he said he has not received a payment from Juliet since March 2011 for £10 and £2.80 for an abseil. He said had a personal cheque been sent by Juliet then it would show up against her details they hold. He also said that a thank you certificate letter would have been sent out to her within a week of any donation being made. They do this automatically when they receive a donation. If she has a till receipt then this would be because the payment was made in one of their CLIC shops. He said to check further he would need to see the till receipt or at least know what shop and what date or at least the month the payment was made and by what name, as no payments have been made by Juliet since March 2011. Also if a cheque payment was made in a diiferent name then he could search under that name with details of the date or month the payment was made.
The man was very helpful and said to keep in touch and he would help us as much as he could.
I know Gail said to not discuss any further but felt it was important to pass on this information from CLIC.

Deb

Thank you Debra for taking the time to do and finding out all that information and for sharing it on here with us all and I believe now, all we can do, is to wait for Juliet to come in with her response and the evidence she says she has.    Thanks again Debra !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thank you Debra!! It doesn't really take too much effort to sort things out does it when a responsible person is at the helm? At least now you have a FULL name contact with a phone number for further inquiries. I also hope that WA contacts you with more information. I think Gail would definitely agree that your post above is factual and adds to the situation. I will only post when NEW pertinent information has been added. After all this thread was created for just that matter. Thank you Gail for continuing this thread for that purpose. 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I wish to enquire of Juliet, as she previously stated she would be back on here on 13th September and as we have now reached 15th September with no further word on situation concerning monies paid to charities, if she is now in a position to submit to us evidence that money has in fact been paid to the three charities concerned especially if she can prove, as she stated, that monies were paid over to Clic in November, 2011 when we have received word, through Debra's investigations, that Juliet has in fact not donated anything to Clic since March, 2011.   I should like to ask if we could be shown Bank Statements in regard to the Bank Account which we were told had been opened to facilitate the collection of donations and to which both Juliet and Jennifer Steadman were apparently signatories to because, so far, no evidence of that has been produced and as it would appear from previous statements made by Juliet that any monies paid to the charities has come out of her own account, the last being £400 which we were told had been sent to MBC, the need for the utilisation of a private bank account, when a Bank Account was in existence for the sole purpose of the gathering and disbursement of donations, I fail to understand.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

It is being worked out and Andrena of MBC is involved...we will have an update as soon as we can.  Gail

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service