I thought it might be pertinant to add a thread of hints and tips on using this new site.

A few of us who have already had the time to 'play' and 'explore' on here have worked out how to do different things and if you discover something else thats new, perhaps you could post it here in this thread to keep it all in one place.

Here a are a few that I have found so far.

---------------------------------------------

When you post a reply in a thread you only hasve 15 minutes to go back and edit that post.

----------------------------------------------

We have discovered is that photobucket is no longer required to add a photo to your post.

When replying to a post- just click on the small black camera at the top of the post and a link will open with a 'browse' button.

Click on browse and you can find the photo in your computer, click on the image and the nclick on open. This places the link to your image in the browse section.

click on 'save' and the image will be placed in your post.

When typing a new post- the procedure is the same except the camera button is replaced by a small photograph.

Click on this and then follow the same instructions as above.

-----------------------------------------

If you click on your screen name at the top right hand side of the screen by the 'sign out' button this will take you to your private profile setting page.

To the left side of the page it says 'Manage my page' and manage my 'photo'.

Click on 'photo' and here you can add a profile photograph/avatar in the same method as above for adding photos to your post.

Click on 'manage page' and here you can personalise your page. This page is your own personal 'wall' where you can check your in box, alerts, set messages etc...

You will also see a button called 'My apps'. Here you see a list of applications so you can add different applications to personalise your private page.

This hint was courtesy of Dianna.

Click on E-mail and you can arrange your settings so that you dont recieve an e-mail everytime somebody replies to a thread that you have been posting on. You can also change the settings for recieving alerts etc..

Also on your profile page you can change the colour and the font size and style.

Who can view your profile page.

You can also upload music and videos.

And there is also an email address for you to send photographs etc from your mobile phone. (as long as you have this feature enabled on your mobile phone)

You can add a link to your facebook page, Youtube, Myspace and Twitter.

-----------------------------------------

To send a PM to someone, click on their name in one of their posts (where it says 'Reply by.NAME.')

This then takes you to a list of their discussions. Under the bold text title saying ' '..NAME.discussions' its  says send message. Click here and you can type your message. If you are not already 'friends' with this person, you will need to add them first before you can PM them. This can be done from the send message box aswell.

---------------------------------

There are two ways to reply to a post in a thread.

1st way- under the original post there is a blank box. Type your reply in here and it adds your reply to the bottom of the thread.

Or- click on 'reply to this' in the last post that appears on the page and a box will appear for you to type your reply.

This also adds your reply underneath the last post on the page.

----------------------------------------------------

I hope these hints help you.

If anybody else has any other hints or tips or discovers something new that we can do on here, please add it to this thread to keep them all in the one place.

Love Jennifer XXXX

Views: 1458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks..every tip will help as we become accustom to the new forum..which I really,really,like...
Another hint as far as retrieving PMs. Some are writing to me because they can't find their inbox. If you go to your page and click on Settings or Manage My Page then click on Change appearance. You can from there change the set up of your page. I chose the one that says Crimson but most of the ones listed there will have your inbox on the right hand side listed when you change it. Another hint...when you change it a box comes up letting you know something about CSS..click ok and all should change and you can then see your inbox, Settings, Invite Friends and several things are listed right there.

Thanks Jennifer for starting this thread. I also checked to see about sticking a post to the top of a thread. This can only be done by the Admin and when the site goes out I'm told I'll be given those "powers" so we will check them for the ones we want to stay on top..such as the Dates Added, Calendar, Birthdays, etc.

Gail
Thank you for the tips Jennifer, I was getting a little stuck with adding photos. Great site and great fun trying to work it all out :) love Deb x
i have seen it on diannas post lol .help how do we get our picture back at the bottom of our post like we have on the other forum :(
I am able to get my banner after I'm done posting by using the same instructions as uploading photo's above. I cannot do regular photos for some reason tho, the page gets stuck and they never load. But my banner does, I guess something with the size or that I'm on a dial-up connection. I have been able to get the banner on there that way for now. I hope we get an option for Signature in our profile again at some point so it's there and we don't have to keep uploading them.
That's how I'm doing it. Anyone find a better way!
Thanks for this thread!!! Gail, thanks so much for your help yesterday with the Inbox issue!It was driving me nuts!!LOL

Robin

P.S. Last evening I was able to post regular photos finally too! The site is being kind to me with that now!!LOL
Robin
Helen, the only way to post with your banner in your post is to physically upload it there yourself usingthe the little camera icon above each time you post.

Shame isnt it?

I miss my lovely banner!! :(
Love Jennifer XXXX
You can use your banner on My Page. Set it up as the photo in the top part. You will see where you can upload it at the top of your page. I have a picture of Michael but you can use your banner there and it will remain until you change it.

Gail
Yes I was able to do that first and now I've put other photos there too. It's neat!!!! I'm still learning!
Thanks Jennifer and Gail! But next time..can you do it in FINNISH too, lol!
Jaana
Good tips, folks!
Does anyone know how to change the clock settings? I am ahead by 6 hours when I pst..LOL..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service