I thought it might be pertinant to add a thread of hints and tips on using this new site.

A few of us who have already had the time to 'play' and 'explore' on here have worked out how to do different things and if you discover something else thats new, perhaps you could post it here in this thread to keep it all in one place.

Here a are a few that I have found so far.

---------------------------------------------

When you post a reply in a thread you only hasve 15 minutes to go back and edit that post.

----------------------------------------------

We have discovered is that photobucket is no longer required to add a photo to your post.

When replying to a post- just click on the small black camera at the top of the post and a link will open with a 'browse' button.

Click on browse and you can find the photo in your computer, click on the image and the nclick on open. This places the link to your image in the browse section.

click on 'save' and the image will be placed in your post.

When typing a new post- the procedure is the same except the camera button is replaced by a small photograph.

Click on this and then follow the same instructions as above.

-----------------------------------------

If you click on your screen name at the top right hand side of the screen by the 'sign out' button this will take you to your private profile setting page.

To the left side of the page it says 'Manage my page' and manage my 'photo'.

Click on 'photo' and here you can add a profile photograph/avatar in the same method as above for adding photos to your post.

Click on 'manage page' and here you can personalise your page. This page is your own personal 'wall' where you can check your in box, alerts, set messages etc...

You will also see a button called 'My apps'. Here you see a list of applications so you can add different applications to personalise your private page.

This hint was courtesy of Dianna.

Click on E-mail and you can arrange your settings so that you dont recieve an e-mail everytime somebody replies to a thread that you have been posting on. You can also change the settings for recieving alerts etc..

Also on your profile page you can change the colour and the font size and style.

Who can view your profile page.

You can also upload music and videos.

And there is also an email address for you to send photographs etc from your mobile phone. (as long as you have this feature enabled on your mobile phone)

You can add a link to your facebook page, Youtube, Myspace and Twitter.

-----------------------------------------

To send a PM to someone, click on their name in one of their posts (where it says 'Reply by.NAME.')

This then takes you to a list of their discussions. Under the bold text title saying ' '..NAME.discussions' its  says send message. Click here and you can type your message. If you are not already 'friends' with this person, you will need to add them first before you can PM them. This can be done from the send message box aswell.

---------------------------------

There are two ways to reply to a post in a thread.

1st way- under the original post there is a blank box. Type your reply in here and it adds your reply to the bottom of the thread.

Or- click on 'reply to this' in the last post that appears on the page and a box will appear for you to type your reply.

This also adds your reply underneath the last post on the page.

----------------------------------------------------

I hope these hints help you.

If anybody else has any other hints or tips or discovers something new that we can do on here, please add it to this thread to keep them all in the one place.

Love Jennifer XXXX

Views: 1458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Syvie, you have explained it perfectly. Theres not one person who wont understand your explanation.

Love Jennifer XX

Thanks a lot Jen, I certainly hope so! Take care sweetie and by the way, thanks again for starting this thread. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi everyone, I figured out something and I don't see it posted anywhere so here is my tip:

The easiest way to get music on your page is this:
Go to another page, go to mine if you want.
Go to my music on the left side,
Click on a song you want,
Go up to the black arrow on the right
It will say: SHARE/NORMAL/POP OUT
Click on SHARE and it should take the song to your page.
There-you just stole it from me!! It's OK, it's sharing not stealing!

Joy
from the Jersey Shore
Hi Joy,  I just wanted to say thanks for doing your research, I'm impressed! I searched for the "music player on here" thread in my old links and read that you've posted this message there too. I'm sure it'll be helpful to a lot of people! Take care sweetie and thanks again for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

HI JOY!  THANKS FOR THE TIP  I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND I STOLE A SONG FROM YOU  THE SONG IS SOUL OF MY SOUL  I LOVE THAT SONG AND HOPE MICHAEL WILL SING IT WHEN WE SEEN HIM IN JUNE  IT IS VERY UNLIKELY

THANKS AGAIN

GLORIA

Hi Gloria,

You can take any song you want.  In fact if you hadn't told me, I would have never even known!

Soul of My Soul is my favorite song, it means so much to me. I know Michael wrote it for his girls, and it does make me think about my daughter. My only child, we adopted her when she was only a few months old. And she is the best thing that ever happened to us. That song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Nothing bad, but it just brings out all the deep feelings of unconditional love I have for her. And when he sings, "There'll come a time when you'll be on your own, But in your heart you're never far from home" I loose it! She is 25 now, still lives home. She'll be moving out soon and when that day comes, I will be a basket case!!

PS-I sent your ticket for the NYC show today.  Let me know when you get it..............can't wait for the show!

Joy

Just to keep all hints and tips together in one thread, I'm adding here the reply I gave to Joy regarding sharing music from the players on your personal bog page. Thank you Joy for alerting others to the share buttons.

This will only work if the persons page you are visiting has set their music player to share their music. I have set mine so that it doesnt share becasue I have a couple of tracks on there that have a copyright attached so it was safer to apply the 'not share' button to avoid any upset to Michael or Orrin.

Also the music player will only hold 100 songs.

Love Jennifer XX

Hi everyone, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me a quick, easy way to get to one's forum in-box. I don't have that problem myself but a few of my friends have asked and I'd like to help them visually, simple step by step. If the info is here, then I just need to refer them here. Thanks in advance and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Syvie,

If I remember when you first sign up you have not inbox

You have to go to Customize  My Page then it will take them to edit my page and then you have to pick a theme and you can make it real nice

here is my page link :) http://www.michaelbolton.com/profile/Dianna

I used the pure dark  theme for mine

then i think you can edit it though My page but I think once you pick a theme inbox happens straight a way

I hope that helps Sylvie

Love Dianna xxx

Dear Dianna, you're a doll, thank you sweetie! I'll pass along the info and I'll keep you posted. Thank you Dianna, I really appreciate it, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Hi everyone, I’m taking the liberty to add valuable instructions our friend Joy from NJ has provided concerning discussion threads and E-mail alerts.

----------

1) If you find a thread and make a comment, you automatically will start "following" it. You will get emails every time someone posts something.

2) If you find a thread and don't make a comment, but you want to "follow" it-go to the top of the thread. Under the section where you would post your comment to the left it says" Follow-Email me when people reply". Click on Follow-now you are following that thread.

3) When you decide you don't want to follow a thread, go in and click on "Stop Following-Don't email me when people reply" and you will stop getting emails.

-----------

I’d like to add to that, instructions to get E-mail alerts to get notified when new threads are started in various categories of topics.

1. Go to the topic categories page:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/categories/general-chat-about-mi...

2. To get notified of new threads in "general chat" for instance, click on "general chat".

3. When you get to the page, go to the bottom of the page where it should say "E-mail me about new discussions in this category" and click on it. Then it should change to "don't E-mail me...".

It’s the same process for all categories. Hope this proves to be useful. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Hi again everyone, I thought I should add, since a friend of mine brought it up, that you can also get E-mail alerts when you want to hear about new blog posts from the admin. For the blog posts:

-go to the main page where the few blog posts are listed and click on “view all”

-When you get to that page, go to where it says: “follow-– Email me when this member adds new blog posts” and click on it. It should change to “stop following”

Now  in 2010, when I signed up on this site, I did the same thing with the “events” page to follow new events and I do get alerts when new ones are posted, but now I can’t seem to find the “follow” link any more so not sure if you can do the same thing. Anyway, hope that helps too. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service