Hey, I was wondering what everyones first experience was of enjoying Michael's music? the first time you realised you were a fan?

I must admit, my first interaction was when I watched the movie Snow Dogs a couple of years ago and heard Time, Love and Tenderness at the end, I thought it was fantastic and my love has just grown from there!

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I'm interested to hear your stories!

Jenna.

Views: 2498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok Sylvia, you are probably right about the timing...it was the circumstance and later when Meg. got a bit older that Ms. Mary passed away!

It may have been a sad time, but this song helped me get through it...I just kept thinking of her & her husband! I'm not trying to be a downer, at all! It's just the answer to the question asked!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

I was driving with friend of mine ( that has passed on in 2002) when Michael Bolton's song " How can we be lovers " and " How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" started playing on the car radio/cd player. And I knew from that day onwards that I would love his music and him till the day I left this plane of existence. My love for his music and him has just grown from there and gotten stronger.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Sheroda.....he is pretty fantastic, isn't he ???? LOL

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sheroda and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story with us, can you tell us what year that was? Just curious. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Have you ever seen Michael in concert and did you get his "Gems" CD with the duet with Judith Sephuma? It's too bad we've only heard a little bit of their duet on YouTube. Well again, thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do. If you have any questions about the forum or Michael, let us know and we'll help as best we can. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie

I heard Michael's music for the first time in 1999/2000 and was hooked. I have never seen any of Michael's concerts because I couldn't afford it and would have loved to have so that I could meet him in person. Till date I have every cd that Michael has made so far just trying to get all Michael's Music DVD so that I can complete my collection of his work. Thank you again for your message back.

Sheroda from Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Hi again Sheroda, that’s too bad you haven’t seen Michael in concert yet, but there are 2 live DVD’s and 2 CD's you can buy, if you can find them  in the meantime. I have a question: what is the region code for DVD’s in South Africa? In North America, it’s region 1, in Europe, it’s Pal or region 2, I think Asia is region 3. I’m just wondering if Michael’s DVD’s are available in your region, I hope so. I know what it’s like not to be able to afford concerts, well,mostly it’s the traveling. Michael doesn’t come to my province very often, so I’d have to travel to attend a concert, so I sympathize. Don’t worry, your time will come though. One of my friends waited 16 years before she was able to see him live. You say you have all his CD’s, do you have his Bolotin and BlackJack albums too? We were just talking about Michael’s Blackjack albums in another thread, just a couple of days ago. It’s great to hear that such wonderful music is available all over the world like that... :D You’re the second fan we know of on this forum from South Africa. Good luck with completing your collection! Take care sweetie and enjoy the forum. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Qc Canada :D

Hey Sylvie

Our region code is Region 2 here for DVD's and yes we do get Michael's Cd's and Dvd's here also. I have " EVERY' cd there is of Michael's music. Below is the list of cd's and dvd's of Michael's music that I have so far.

Michael Bolton Album Names

Album Year

Everyday Of My Life

Bolotin & Blackjack - Blackjack

Bolotin & Blackjack - World's Apart

Michael Bolton

Everybody's Crazy

The Hunger

Soul Provider

The Early Years 1974-1976

Time, Love & Tenderness

Timeless The Classics

The One Thing

Greatest Hits 1985-1995

This Is the Time - The Christmas Album

All That Matters

My Secret Passion - The Arias

Timeless The Classics, Vol. 2

Love Songs

Only A Woman Like You

The Ultimate Collection [2CD]

Ballads

Vintage

The Very Best Of Michael Bolton

Til the End of Forever

Bolton Swings Sinatra - The Second Time Around

A Swingin' Christmas

One World, One Love

Gems The Duets Collection

Michael Bolton Gems - The Very Best

Michael Bolton DVD's

Michael Bolton - The Best Of Michael Bolton

Have it

Michael Bolton - The Essential

Have it

Michael Bolton Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD

Do not have it

Greatest Hits - Decade 1985-1995

Do not have it

This Is Michael Bolton 1992

Do not have it

Soul and Passion VHS

Do not have it

Michael Bolton - My Secret Passion DVD

Do not have it

Hope to meet him in person maybe very soon when he comes to South Africa again. Chat again soon.

Regards from South Africa

Sheroda 

Hi Sheroda, well, that’s quite an impressive list and I have to say, you’re not missing much!  Let’s see, you’re missing the “Michael Bolotin” album from 1975, “The artistry of Michael Bolton”, not sure what year it was released but it’s a compilation, “Merry Christmas from Vienna » with Placido Domingo and Ying Huang 1996, “Live from the Royal Albert Hall” (Target exclusive) 2010 and a few other compilations, but I’m missing a few of those too. BTW, which versions of “Only a woman like you” and “One world one love” do you have? Just curious. Now about the DVD’s you’ve mentioned, I’m not sure all those are on DVD, maybe only on VHS. Although, if you have “The essential Michael Bolton” on DVD, it means you have both the contents of “This is Michael Bolton” and “Greatest Hits - Decade 1985-1995”, if I’m not mistaken. You’re lucky because we don’t have that DVD in North America. BTW, missing from your list is “Soul provider, the videos” and “Jim Brickman from the Magic Kingdom” in which Michael sings 3 songs and there are a few more appearances/contributions  on various VHS or DVD’s. That’s pretty good for someone who discovered him only in 1999 though! :D I do wish you meet him too Sheroda: we should all have that chance! Take care sweetie and thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada  

Hi there Sheroda and Sylvie and can I just add that I didn't know "My Secret Passion" was out on a DVD....because I sure haven't got that one and where was it recorded ???? )   Sylvie "The Artistry of Michael Bolotin" came out in 1993 !!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, thanks for the precision on the release date. "My secret passion" was released on VHS in 1998 and I believe on DVD in 2007, although I'm not sure in the U.K.. Good luck if you search for it. I've found a few on EBay but not sure what region. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Hi Sylvie

Yes I have both the " The essential Michael Bolton” and The Best of  Michael Bolton” on DVD. Like you are saying I am still missing a few of Michael's albums and dvd's to complete the collection. I will be hunting for it on Ebay, bidorduy and other sites.

Regards

Sheroda from Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Hey Sheroda,

To me Michael's music is healing music, he seems to know what we women think and how we feel! Time, Love & Tenderness is another one of my favs. Oh heck who am I kidding I love all of his Music:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service