Michael will take part in the Humana Challenge Pro-Am Golf Competition, in partnership with the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation, to be held at La Quinta Country Club, CA starting with the 1st round on Thursday, 16th January.   For the first time this year Low-Gross Awards will be given and the opportunity, for six amateurs to make the cut for Sunday, is being introduced.

Last year Michael, who played in the Ernie Dunlevie Field, won the Ernie Dunlevie Trophy, coming in 3rd in the overall competition;  sadly, have to report that, Ernie Dunlevie passed away last October, at the age of 96.  He was a co-founder of the tournament now known as Humana Challenge and was a member of the Desert Classic Charities' Board of Directors and he passed away following complications from cancer.

Believe can say we all wish Michael a successful tournament and hope another trophy is added to his collection at end of the Competition:  also too we wish him wonderful rounds of golf and hope he has a super, FUN, time !!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

Pairing draws have been made and below is information concerning Michael's involvement in competition:-

Michael has been drawn to take part in the DOLORES HOPE FIELD     Michael is playing off with an 11 handicap.

16th January     Nicklaus Private Course at PGA West     Teeing off of tee #10 at  9.10 a.m.   Partnered by Mark Wilson

17th January     Palmer Private Course at PGA West       Teeing off of tee #1   at  8.50 a.m.   Partnered by Hudson Swafford

18th January     La Quinta Country Club Course               Teeing off of tee #10 at 10.10 a.m.  Partnered by Matt Every

Below link will take you into page where you can view the times of TV listings on the Golf Challenge when competition will be shown.........

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1923350-humana-challenge-2014-te...

Results:-

1st Round    Equal 111     -3      Final Score  69

2nd Round   Equal 121    -5       Final Score  67

3rd Round   Equal 128     -5       Final Score  67

Overall result for 3 rounds is final score of 204 giving him 13 under par for tournament.

Views: 1768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello , 

I'm glad for sharing with you . Hugs from France .

LA QUINTA, CA - JANUARY 18: Michael Bolton plays the sixteenth hole during the third round of the Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation at La Quinta Country Club on January 18, 2014 in La Quinta, California.

Merci Francoise !!! :)    Thanks so very much for finding and putting pic on here and see Michael went back to the stripes and the red....think I preferred the yellow !!!   I have been looking for videos but without any success; maybe some will appear tomorrow, or I should say today, for it is Sunday here now and most certainly will be with you.

Bonsoir Françoise et encore merci !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Another picture of Michael taken today during the 3rd Round.

Another good one. Thanks Sylvia!!

Robin in MD :)

Look at the intensity in his gaze!! Michael the perfectionist at work....I mean golfing ;)  Thanks again Sylvia!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Again very nice pictures!

Also in the colour Red he looks good! Let us look what he carries tomorrow!

Thanks Francoise and Sylvia for the putting here!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Hi Petra and to let you know that is Michael's play in the Competition over for the amateurs only play in the three rounds.  This year there has been added the opportunity for the first six amateurs to go forward and play today, Sunday, in the Final Round but only for prestige and for whatever awards the Humana Challenge and Clinton Foundation give out for their scores cannot count as the Final Round is the PGA's qualifying round for professionals.

Have to report that on looking at final Leaderboard, in hope that Michael may have moved up in the field, there has been a correction to his score for in the 3rd round he scored 67 not 66 which made him 5 under part and not 6 so his total score was 204 with 13 under par.  

Thought might be interested to know that Dr. Haruhisa Handa came in with an 18 under par and scores of 66, 67 and 65, respectively, for the 3 rounds.

Have to add too that once again, as with last year, the amateurs were better than the professionals and in fact Michael beat a lot of the professionals and if both fields had been combined he would have been well up there. 

Sylvia,

I know in the golf sport so much like in the astrophysics (ha, ha, ha)! I will practice till the next year! Then I understand till then maybe the whole!
Well, there will be no new pictures in this kind! But I hope that there are soon some with Sam! Maybe also videos!
I still wish nice Sunday evening!

He is one serious golf player! Thanks for the photos, Sylvia!

Anna (in MO)

I agree Anna!! He sure is!!

Robin MD :)

Possibly to finish this thread off for, so far, no success in finding video interviews, is picture taken by Samantha Cortese of Michael on the practice green on 16th January.   Will still have look today to see if can come up with anything further but if not thanks to all those who have followed and contributed to this thread and hopefully Michael will be back next year at the Humana Challenge and so will we !!!! :)

Michael in black! My absolute favorite!

Thanks Sylvia!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service