I emailed Oprah some time back about having Michael back on her show seeing this is her final season.I was contacted by her staff and was thanked for my suggestion.I tried.

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jennifer you are so right He as always been called Michael!  NEVER MIKE OR MIKEY!!  I thing this person does not know him as well as she thinks she does!!  He likes his name and not nicknames.  I have a son Michael and he demands to be call MichEL AND ONLY THAT!As for the letter to Lady O I started a good six or seven months ago writing her. The last time he was on were when the girls were older Teenagers, like 18,16,and 14!  Maybe she was talking about another Michael or someone else named Mike!   Well love you guys!  Talk to you soon I will be in AC Saturday Night and Monday in Springfield!!!!    Can't wait!!!!!! It is driving me nuts!!!!

Love you   Eileen  xx

Hi Eileen, I hate to disagree with you sweetheart, but the last time, that I know of, that Michael was on Oprah, it was a surprise appearance in 2007, on a show that was a tribute to Diane Warren and he sang a medley of her songs, but it was a short appearance, so don’t know if it counts. :D I remember it was 2007 because Oprah was asking him about Nicolette. Before that, correct me someone if I’m wrong, but I think was in ’95, so depending on what time of the year it was, the girls would have been 20, 18 and 16. Now, I hate to tell you this wee one, but you’re wrong on the first time too! :D I’m sorry… :D I think the first time he was on was a “dreams come true” theme show and according to a commercial I found on Youtube, it was in 1991. What bugs me is that I remember he was on a Xmas show once and he did an uptempo version of “White Xmas” but I can’t, for the life of me remember what year it was. I know he surprised Oprah another time, think it was in ’92, because he was promoting “Timeless” on a show with Tony Bennett and Liza Minelli, (where he sang a traditional “White Christmas) but the show with the uptempo “White Xmas” is fuzzy on the year… Now it’s bugging me… Does anyone have a clue? I’m not sure he promoted “This is the time” on Oprah… Anyway Eileen, I’ll be with you in spirit this weekend sweetie pie and if you make it through both your concerts in one piece, we’ll be anxiously waiting for your reviews! Take care my friend. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: I’m really sorry everyone for sounding like a little miss Know-it-all… ;D

Gosh Sylvie...my memory can't help you out for the early appearances on Oprah but the I clearly remember Michael singing the traditional White Christmas song. I definitely remember Oprah saying that Michael's version of White Christmas was her all time favorite so I KNOW she loves his voice!!! I don't remember the '91 appearance. Which year did Michael appear with Orrin on Oprah? That wasn't way back was it? It is hurting my brain trying to remember!!!! You are definitely not sounding like a Miss Know-it-all....just like someone with a good memory!!!

Have a blast Eileen!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy and Sylvie,

First of all Sylvie - NOT - "Miss Know-it-all"  - "Miss (I'm going to swear) Bloody Wonderful !!" - that is you, for all the knowledge that you have and for the fact that you SHARE all that knowledge - a lot wouldn't !!!  lol.

I am going to admit I am not too sure what interview I remember him mentioning his daughter's ages but I know I have heard him twice - firstly on the Oprah show when he was talking about their ages when he gained custody of them but the second time is a haze, only thing I would say I remember is that his hair was short so that would have been 1997 or after - because wasn't it 1997 he got his hair cut ??  Probably I'll find the interview and his hair will be down to his waist - confused - me - never.....whose website is this we're on - it is Bruce Springsteen's - isn't it ????  lol.    To be serious, like Kathy I do remember seeing him singing a "White Christmas" ....I've got to do a little bit of shopping and then have a guess where I'm heading .................. !! :)))

We should thank Pamela for her input 'cause she sure has got us talking about something worthwhile and since we have all established that his name is MICHAEL, to move onto the ages of the girls is still relevant, as Pamela was the one who mentioned it, in them being "pre-teens" !!!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Kathy and Sylvia, I have to go through my tapes, but I think Michael did promote “This is the time” in ’96, but now I’m wondering if it was a full show. I once went through all my tapes to find all MB appearances scattered on too many tapes and put them all on audio tape so they’d be together. According to my list, he did sing the uptempo “White Xmas” in ’96, but I don’t have anything else on Oprah that year. The Oprah appearances I remember as follows: 1991 “dreams come true”, ’91 or ’92 “behind the scenes primetime special”, 1992 surprise appearance Xmas special with Tony Bennett and Liza minelli, 1995 promoting “Greatest hits” with Orrin and now the 1996 appearance where he sang the uptempo “White Xmas”, plus the 2007 surprise with Diane Warren. I remember the ’95 one being very special, because Oprah had a ball being part of the opening number saying:”THERE!” in “Can I touch you there” lol, the Orrin appearance and him singing  “Vesti la giubba”. I have a vivid memory of him saying he was singing opera on Oprah. And about Michael  singing the traditional “White Xmas”, Tony Bennett took a few seconds to start singing and then Michael showed up out of nowhere and finished the song and the audience, including Oprah went nuts! Sylvia, I hope you find the interview you’re talking about with Michael having short hair on Oprah. It’s not impossible he did go on Oprah in ’97, but I could have missed it because I was in the hospital having my last son and I did catch him on “Regis & Kathie Lee” at the time. What a lousy time to pick to go to the hospital huh? Lol Well, about the girls being pre-teens, which means Isa would have been 12, Michael would have had to go on Oprah in ’87 so I hate to say it but I don’t think so.  I’m sorry I’m so technical and now poor Pam won’t want to come back on, probably afraid we’ll gang up on her, I’m really sorry pam! Wow, this is turning into a novel but I hope we all have our facts straight, unless anyone with documented facts can enlighten us. Take care girls and thanks for the kind words. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I made a request to Oprah in regards to Michael be on her show several months ago as well.  It would nice to see him on at least once more before Oprah leaves the televion airwaves.

MaryLynn

Hi Mary Lynn,

That is great that you sent in a request too - absolutely fantastic and so glad you let us know .......we certainly feel that the more requests Oprah gets she has got to listen to them - she just has to........MICHAEL  for the OPRAH SHOW  - go man go !!!!  :))

Hope too you're well Mary Lynn and looking forward to Spring !!

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

I was just learning more about MIchael in 1993 and have a tape of him on Oprah that uear. Girls stood up in back row of audience and he said ages were 18, 16, 14. Oprah said oh you are in it...Meaning teenager years. I have to check when I get home the exact date. He has been on since then several times like Sylvie said.

Hi Robin, I know that you’ve mentionned before getting to know Michael and starting to travel to see him in ’93 and I trust that you know what you’re talking about. If Michael was on Oprah in ’93, I must have missed it. When you mentioned the ages of his girls and Oprah saying “you are in it”, the only one I can think of was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paux4Obkp4w&feature=related

This is part 2 of the 1991 )according to the girls’ ages) Oprah primetime special. I remember this one vividly because this was the very first interview I’d taped. Obviously, I don’t know anything about the visuals, so maybe someone can help. Thanks for your input Robin and let us know if you find the ’93 tape, thanks again. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

I have just come back from YouTube after another hour at least and I can't find it ......the link you have put in is an interview conducted on a tour bus and that is the first one I referred to when he is talking about his divorce and the girls ages when he was granted custody - it also goes to the house and you see the three girls - one picture with him sitting with Isa and Holly on a couch together and the other one, where you hear him saying  "have you enough pictures on the wall" and "give us a smile" that is Taryn he is talking to in her bedroom and she is all shy and coy but the interview I'm thinking about is done on a set and he turns and points with his left hand out to the audience and says about the girls being up there at the back and the camera swings round and you see the three of them stand up - it is only really a split second in the whole of the interview that this little part takes place - but I know I've seen it.......it is driving me bananas !!!!!    As I say I may be totally wrong in the age of the girls, and I am even starting to say now, it may not be an Oprah Show, but I have seen him turn and point to his daughters.......I feel now like saying .......Michael are you out there - HELP !!! :))    Wait and see if Robin comes up with anything  !!!!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I also remember the girls being singled out in the crowd Sylvia :) It was definitely Oprah's show!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

OK I stand corrected, Sylvie the episode of Oprah 11/18/1991 was the fantasy fan show with that woman who was a big fan and some other celebrities on as well, one being Scott Bao.. At the very, very end Oprah does have the 3 girls stand up in the back row and says teenagers but doesn't say there the gal's ages....I think I got that mixed up with, the 5/19/1992 special, Oprah

Behind the Scenes when I think she asks him then how old they are on the tour bus and she says you are in it. For some reason I had that mixed up and thought it was the other program... LORDY! It's heck getting old...so that's where I muddled those two things together I think..  That Oprah Behind the Scenes was a nice special.. I also have then the Christmas show in 1992 where he came out and surprised her singing White Christmas with Tony Bennett an Liza Minelli..  There was one in 1995 when Oprah was a back up singer doing "There...." in Can I Touch You There!! Was good rewatching that one seeing the old band up there with MB..There was another Christmas one in 1996 too. I don't have as much newer stuff recorded in recent times, but these old compilation tapes I have from back in the 1990's and some earlier up to around 2005...

Sorry I had that mixed up for some reason.. Oh my.. Nice trip down video memory lane!!!LOL

Robin in Maryland :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service