something lovely,funny,entertaining etc

Hi everybody you know sometimes perhaps in an e-mail or something you get some lovely things that I am sure some of us would love to share or perhaps a joke

BUT

They must be polite and not rude or anything that would offend anybody nor can they be racial

and please no chain letters.........

We don't need to see Violence or stupidy......

Remember people over the many MIchael Bolton boards we have always tried to respect one and another so lets see how this goes :)

These are some of the picture's sent to me in an e-mail

enjoy  :)

Cherry Blossoms Japan 

Tundra

Autumn in Germany

The beauty of Antarctica

Views: 5786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie,

Yes I did go to Styx and Joe Nichols, and as for the singer I am guessing it was Larry, but not too sure cause my brother and I were pretty far back for that night. He and I also went to the Motor GP racing on last Sunday that was a fun time too.

As for the CD cover not coming across I think it is because it was scanned into the computer and not a jpg. I know very little about transferring things from one place to another, but sometimes I do get it right. :)

Have a Great Day!

Kellie

Hey Kellie, well lucky you having a fun time with your brother and that you both enjoy the same things. As far as scanning pictures, I’ve had to scan things for my kids and you can save your scans as jpg’s if you want to, at least my scanner and/or computer gives me a choice. Does that mean you can only upload jpg’s as pictures on the forum here? The ones I upload are jpg’s from a digital camera, but as I said, as far as I know, you can save scans as jpg’s also. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken. Anyway, try and see if  your computer asks you next time in what format you want to save it. Then again, is it possible you only scanned the picture but didn’t actually save it on your computer as a file? I would think that could be a reason, what do I know? :D  Anyway, thanks for sharing Kellie, you have a great day too. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Everyone,

After seeing the news about the birth of Michael's Grandson today, I thought I would share with you all that I am a Grandma now too!

My oldest Son Aaron and Vichuda gave birth on Aug. 19th to a beautiful little boy weighing 7lbs-8oz. His name is Landon William!

Attachments:

Kellie,

Congrats!! You should have just shouted it out someplace on the forum like I did!! Also it's on my home page!

Is this your first grandchild? It is mine, love being a Nana! I have little boy Emmett James. Landon is a great name, unique.

Emmett was born on Father's Day, 6/16/2013...........7 lbs 4 oz.........18.5 inches 

Joy

NJ

Hi Kellie, congratulations to you and your family! Also, congratulations on uploading your pic, I'm glad you figured it out. :D Take care sweetie and thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

...  great story ....

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4069885-after-a-car-crash-paren...

After a car crash, parents help daughter back on her feet again

By Marta Iwanek

For the last 23 years, Terri-Lynn Nahls has lived her life in a wheelchair.

A car accident at the age of 15 changed her life forever. She suffered a head injury that left her comatose for nine months. Doctors initially told Terri-Lynn's parents that if they got eye contact, they would be lucky.

They got eye contact, but her speech and mobility were affected.

Even though doctors called them unreasonable, the Nahls took Terri-Lynn home instead of putting her in a group home, as was suggested.

"We've been trying everything we can to give her a life," says her father, Russ Nahls, 69.

It took time for Terri-Lynn to feel accepted. When she went back to school, she saw her friends and other kids running around, and she felt she was far behind them.

About three years ago, the now 38-year-old started attending local ball games at Riverside Park in Cambridge. Her brother played in the local recreational Slo-Pitch league. Russ described it as like Norm from the television show Cheers, going back to where everybody knows his name.

"We came up with a little saying that Norm has Cheers and Terri has Duke's," says Nahls. Duke's is the refreshment dugout near the diamond. A wall in the Nahls' basement is filled with photos of Terri-Lynn with friends from the games.

Her confidence in herself was building.

"She's becoming more outgoing," says Russ.

But that wasn't the only positive change. A chance conversation with a stranger at the Cambridge Centre mall led the family to Brantwood Community Services. The Brantford agency provides support to people with developmental disabilities and their families.

In the fall of 2012, they met with Cathy Harrigan, a registered kinesiologist, and began therapy once a week. Terri-Lynn was introduced to the Rifton Pacer, a device to aid walking, which she responded well to. By Christmas, she was taking her first steps.

Terri-Lynn made it her goal to get out of her wheelchair and walk again.

With a brain injury, it takes time for those connections between the muscles and the brain to happen again, but the key is repetition, says Harrigan, who has worked at Brantwood for the past 32 years.

"Terri's a very determined young lady," says Harrigan, who says that determination and eagerness to try anything will carry her far.

"It's put a light at the end of the tunnel for her to aim at. And she's seeing that there is a possibility," says Russ.

Her progress was in full display on her birthday in April of this year. It was held at the Preston legion, where she has been a regular every Saturday for the past two years. With the help of her purple Rifton, she was able to walk into her own party. Balloons, signs and Michael Bolton posters decorated the walls. She was able to dance to one of her favourite songs by the singer — When I'm Back On My Feet Again — which has been her theme song since after the accident, says Russ.

"Others like seeing her and are motivated by what she's doing and how she's handling it," says Russ. He adds that her sense of humour is second to none, and he's not sure if he would be able to handle it as well as Terri-Lynn has. "She's determined to get back on her feet again."

From Germany - BG

Hallo Brigitte, what a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing it! I'm sure that's something Michael would love to hear about too, so again, thank you! Take care and have a great week. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D 

Hi all, a friend sent me this today, hope you enjoy! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Flight 2014:

The New Year       will suddenly appear on the horizon

The       Boarding on Flight 2014  Has been       announced.....
Your luggage       should only contain the best souvenirs from 2013
The bad and       sad moments should be left in the garbage....
The duration of       the flight will be 12 months.
The next       stop-overs will be :
Health,       Love, Joy, Harmony, Well-being and Peace
The Captain       offers you the following menu  Which will be served during       the flight :
A Cocktail of Friendship
A       Supreme of Health
A gratin of       prosperity
A Bowl of Excellent News
A Salad of Success
A Cake of       Happiness
All accompanied  By       burst of laughter
Wishing You and Yours  An enjoyable trip  On boardFlight       2014
May This Be Your Best Year Ever!!

LOVE it Sylvie, that is a great one !! :)   Do you think should put over in the description for the Resolution thread for 2014 for I think perfect ????

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, glad you like it. Sure, feel free to use it: it's here to be shared! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hey Sylvie, This is Awesome:)! You really thought this through:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, my friend forwarded this to me, I didn't make it up! lol Glad you enjoyed it sweetie, take care and have a great weekend. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service