something lovely,funny,entertaining etc

Hi everybody you know sometimes perhaps in an e-mail or something you get some lovely things that I am sure some of us would love to share or perhaps a joke

BUT

They must be polite and not rude or anything that would offend anybody nor can they be racial

and please no chain letters.........

We don't need to see Violence or stupidy......

Remember people over the many MIchael Bolton boards we have always tried to respect one and another so lets see how this goes :)

These are some of the picture's sent to me in an e-mail

enjoy  :)

Cherry Blossoms Japan 

Tundra

Autumn in Germany

The beauty of Antarctica

Views: 5786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello ladies, glad you enjoyed the story and you're welcome. :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thank you Sylvie,

I heard this story from my Mother and was very moved back then. Nice to here it again, there is amazing strength in all of us.Always nice to hear others that make us grow from trials and tribulations. You are included for me.

Kellie

Thanks so much for sharing that story Sylvie and sorry for being a tad late coming in but I did just get round to reading this morning.....thanks again Sylvie !!! :)  I'm playing catch up on here...lol

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi ladies, you’re very welcome. Kellie, we are all works in progress and I know you’ve gone through some tough times yourself when you moved from Florida a while back and I’m sure you feel you’re a better person for it. Now I’m not sure what you meant by “you’re included for me”, but if I’ve brightened your day just a little, that makes my day. :D You know, this reminds me of another forward I love. Here it is:

*A carrot,an egg and a coffee bean

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as if one problem was solved, a new one arose. Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see." "Carrots, eggs and coffee," the daughter replied. Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg. Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?" Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity... boiling water. But each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed that water.Which are you?" the woman asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?" Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems

strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength? Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart? Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, the bean releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean and things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are at their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean? May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy. The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you

can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling while everyone around you is crying.

I hope I haven't posted it before... :D Now Sylvia, don’t think your absence was unnoticed, :D no rush reading, it’s all good. Take care ladies. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

HI ALL!  I RECEIVED THIS TODAY AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU  IT IS FUNNY

FATHER FINDS HORRIFYING LETTER FROM HIS SON

A FATHER PASSING BY HIS SON'S BEDROOM WAS ASTONISHED TO SEE THE BED WAS NICELY MADE AND  EVERYTHING WAS PICKED UP.  THEN HE SAW AN ENVELOPE PROPPED UP PROMINENTLY ON THE PILLOW  IT WAS ADDRESSED  "DAD" WITH THE WORST PREMONITION HE OPENED THE ENVELOPE AND READ THE LETTER WITH TREMBLING HANDS

DEAR DAD

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET AND SORROW THAT I AM WRITING YOU   I HAD TO ELOPE WITH MY NEW GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I WANTED TO AVOID A SCENE WITH MOM AND YOU  I HAVE BEEN FINDING REAL PASSION WITH STACY AND SHE IS SO NICE BUT I KNOW YOU WOULD NOT APPROVE OF HER BECAUSE OF HER PIERCINGS, TATTOOS, TIGHT MOTORCYCLE CLOTHES AND BECAUSE SHE IS SO MUCH OLDER THAN I AM  BUT IT IS NOT ONLY THE PASSION DAD  SHE IS PREGNANT  STACY SAID THAT WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY  SHE OWNS A TRAILER IN THE WOODS AND HAS A STACK OF FIREWOOD FOR THE WHOLE WINTER  WE SHARE A DREAM OF HAVING MANY MORE CHILDREN  STACY HAS OPENED MY EYES TO THE FACT THAT MARIJUANA DOES NOT REALLY HURT ANYONE  WE WILL BE GROWING IT FOR OURSELVES AND TRADING IT WITH THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE COMMUNE FOR ALL THE COCAINE AND ECSTASY WE WANT  IN THE MEANTIME WE WILL PRAY THAT SCIENCE WILL FIND A CURE FOR AIDS SO STACY CAN GET BETTER  SHE SURE DESERVES IT!   DO NOT WORRY  DAD  I AM 15 AND I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF  SOMEDAY I AM SURE WE WILL BE BACK TO VISIT SO YOU CAN GET TO KNOW YOUR MANY GRANDCHILDREN

LOVE YOUR SON  JOSHUA

PS DAD NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE   I AM OVER AT JASON'S HOUSE  I JUST WANTED TO REMIND YOU THAT THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN LIFE THAN THE SCHOOL REPORT THAT IS ON THE KITCHEN TABLE   CALL WHEN IT IS SAFE FOR ME TO COME HOME!

GLORIA

Hi Gloria, yeah it's a cute one and a "forward classic"! lol I'm sure this kid has at least a good grade in composition! lol Thanks for the smile Gloria and happy Thanksgiving sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thanks a million to you both for the thought provoking Sylvie and the belly laugh Gloria....that was a good one for I know by time I got to the bit about Aids I was saying "stupid twit" and then got to punch line and think dad might have fainted before getting to punch line.  Thanks again !!! :)

Hi everyone, my friend sent me this forward that spoke to me the other day and I just had to share, hope you enjoy! Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

THE BACK NINE

I FIRST STARTED READING THIS EMAIL & WAS READING FAST UNTIL I REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. I STOPPED AND STARTED OVER READING SLOWER AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY

WORD. THIS EMAIL IS VERY THOUGHT PROVOKING. MAKES YOU STOP AND THINK. READ SLOWLY!

AND THEN IT IS WINTER

You know ... time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived  them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams. But, here it is... the back nine of my life and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?

I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that I was only on the first hole and the back nine was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.

But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting gray...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the great change...Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are

now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd become.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat  anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I don't  on my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I know, that though I’m on the back nine, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know, that when

it's over on this earth...it's over. A new adventure will begin! Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.

So, if you're not on the back nine yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether you’re on the back nine or not!

You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all  the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

"Life" is a gift to you, that’s why it’s called the present. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one. LIVE IT WELL! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING

FUN! BE HAPPY ! HAVE A GREAT DAY Remember "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. LIVE HAPPY IN 2015!

LASTLY, CONSIDER THIS:

~Your kids are becoming you......but your grandchildren are perfect!

~Going out is good.. Coming home is better!

~You forget names.... But it's OK because some people forgot they even knew you!!!

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything like golf.

~The things you used to care to do, you aren't as interested in anymore, but you really do care that you aren't as interested.

~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV 'ON' than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep".

~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch..

~You tend to use more 4 letter words ... "what?"..."when?"... ???

~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!!!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody whispers.

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.... 2 of which you will never wear.

~~~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!! Stay well, "OLD FRIENDS!"

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells

What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

“Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many.”

TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN; YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS! 

Hi all, today I want to share something a little different, but a wonderful surprise a friend shared with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cKE8pyfcZc

Here’s the description on the video page:

“Starting with a single cellist on the floor of the National Air and Space Museum's "Milestones of Flight" gallery, and swelling to 120 musicians, The U.S. Air Force Band exhilarated museum visitors with its first-ever flash mob. The four-minute performance featured an original arrangement of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Joy to the World," led by the band's commander and conductor, Col. Larry H. Lang. Unsuspecting museum visitors including tourists and school groups were astonished as instrumentalists streamed into the gallery from behind airplanes and space capsules, and vocalists burst into song from the Museum's second floor balcony.”

Can you imagine being witness to that live? It’s already overwhelming on video and I’ll bet the place was vibrating! Anyway, hope you enjoy. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D  

HI SYLVIE!  THANKS FOR SHARING   I FOUND SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK TODAY THAT IS QUITE FUNNY AND VERY TRUE HERE IT IS

GLORIA

Hi everyone, having sent my holiday wishes to my friends early, I’ve received many wonderful replies and wanted to share these words my friend Brigitte shared with me:

<3*<3*<3*

One of the best known poems was published 100 years ago. It is the poem quoted by King George VI in his Christmas Day broadcast in 1939. We may all find a message of encouragement in this lines .....

I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the new Year,

"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."

And he replied, "Go out into the darkness, and put your hand into the hand of God.

That shall be to you better than light, and safer than a known way."

May that Almighty Hand guide and uphold us all.

Take care and happy holidays to all, hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Here is something a friend posted on FB and I think it is rather beautiful and wanted to share with whoever wants to read it on here.......

"At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.

As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of our life....
Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats. This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life

I wish you a joyful journey on your train of life.
Reap success and give lots of love.

Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train!"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service