Hi Gang,

I got an e-mail from a friend the other day, who asked me "Hey Helena, did you make any New Years Resolutions"?  So I thought, oh boy...here we go again!  LOL!   You all know that this past year, (and years in general) have brought both good and bad times for most of us.  So we usually start any New Year, hoping for better things or to make improvements in our lives.  Some of you (like me), are hoping to lose weight, find a new job and maybe find someone special to have a future with.  Others may want to stop smoking, go back to school, or go out on a date with Michael.  Gee, how many of us want that...LOL!!!   

So I thought it would be nice to start a thread to help motivate us.  God knows there are times when I need a "pick me up" and I need something or someone to say "Hey Helena, get moving" or "Don't worry Helena, things will get better soon".  Many times I turn to music to get myself moving or to try to cheer myself up during difficult times.  So since many of you love to share your favorite songs and video's to the rest of us, I thought.... let's show each other some of the songs that bring us hope....that put smiles on our faces....that say to us "Tomorrow is another Day".  Please choose any song and artist you like (and of course Michael songs too!), and if you want to explain why you pick that song or songs....feel free to mention it.  I like to think of this as a "Friendship" thread... since we are all here as Bolton fans, but also as friends.  And who better to motivate us, then our friends.....  Now this is the time when my nutty friends (and you know who you are) should be saying to themselves awwww....  LOL!!!

Well this is not really a motivation song, but I want to dedicate this song to all of you anyway...."That's what friends are for".  I have the 45 record of this song.....of course, since Sir Elton is on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbnua2kSa8

This is a song Boy George wrote over a year ago called "Yes we Can".  A song that really makes me feel good and gives me hope.  This is the original version, there are a few dance club versions and they are all great! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbFbZmNrOCo&feature=related

Last but not least, my favorite Barry Manilow song "Daybreak".  I love this song so much...if this song does not put a smile on your face, nothing will.....LOL!!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmxg9dr2xT8

Hugs to all,

Helena..xx...

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Audrey, good to read you here. I've checked out your 2 songs and really love "Keep on singing my song", thanks for sharing! Is creative writing something you do for fun? Just curious. Oh I love the song "Butterfly"... I'm sorry sweetie, but I had to chuckle when you said "a quiet butterfly", you mean as opposed to a raging butterfly? :D I can picture you as a butterfly in the way you write... Keep on sharing quiet one, I love reading you and again, thanks for sharing too, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
P.S.: Did you manage to see that sunrise on New Year's day?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service