Michael made reference to the fact that he had recorded a song on the new Kid Cudi album in a recent interview done during his Promotional Tour of the UK and as he has now retweeted information concerning it thought relevant to start a new thread about ONE of his latest endeavours !!!

The album is called "Immortal" and Michael is featured in a song, along with King Chip, called "Aterwards (Bring Yo Friends)" and the album is due for release in late April.

The first link below gives you details, plus a tracklist for the album, with the second containing the facility for you to be able to listen to the title track, "Immortal".

This information is also contained in the Miscellany thread where initially Sylvie has entered posts concerning it because she picked up Michael's reference to the CD, from the interview he gave, and she then checked for details relating to it and placed them on that thread.

http://dayandadream.com/2013/03/26/first-look-kid-cudi-indicud/

https://soundcloud.com/#cudderland/immortal

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 1465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting it, Sylvia. Do love the expression of MBs voice in this song too!!! Bet he had a blast recording it!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Kathy T. :-)
No matter what genre of music you can always recognize MB's signature sound..Thanks for the link. They really like MB from what I see on Twitter.

Robin in MD :)

Well...that was interesting.  Wasn't sure what I was going to think but I actually sort of like the song.  Really like MB's part but the song itself isn't bad either.

I am not a fan of rap per se and this has a positive message. It is growing on me more I play it.LOL

Robin in MD :)
Hi,
Interesting that MB decided to do this! But he is into doing everything and anything lately isn't he?
The song is not my taste, but I listened to it to hear MB.  Loved him at the very end, with the last few high notes of the song!
Joy ;)
NJ

Wow, that is definitely different style for Michael! The song sounds like a personal invitation to dance at Michael's place with friends, we're all friends here right? So who is up for joining me? LOL

I am looking forward to hearing from Florin, Matthieu, One Love, Daniel and Tom, on their take on this new song.

The more I listen to it, I like the changes in it and the synthasizer and effects they have produced. 

Must tell my two boys to check it out as they are into this style of music.

Have a Great Day!

Kellie

Just picked this up on Twitter about Kid Cudi and album being released a week earlier so it must be out to day folks and know Michael and Kid Cudi are thrilled with the response that "Mike's" song is having and Michael even tweeted Kid Cudi and said they should do it live .....can you see Michael on stage with Kid Cudi ......hope somebody tapes it if it ever happens because it will never be the reverse !!!! lol.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/04/17/kid-cudi-rush-releases-indicud-fe...

Link into an interview from MTV with Kid Cudi where he says that working with Michael was like finding an uncle he never had.

This link is only available in the States and unfortunately I cannot find one that is available elsewhere to read the interview so maybe if someone wouldn't mind copying and pasting............... !!!! :)

Tonight Twitter, in the Michael Bolton section, is absolutely and utterly full of nothing but this interview...everyone and everybody is putting out the link.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1706083/kid-cudi-michael-bolton-in...

Hey Sylvia, thanks a lot for that link! I was able to read the article and here it is:

----------

Kid Cudi Found An 'Uncle' In Michael Bolton During Indicud Session

'He was so down to earth and cool, he was like the uncle I never had,' Cudi tells MTV News of working with Bolton.

By Nadeska Alexis (@neweryork) 

In the digital era, when getting an exciting feature on your latest single can be as easy as trading verses and beats via e-mail, there are still rare moments when artists spend quality time vibing in the studio to create something special. Kid Cudi did just that with Michael Bolton, telling MTV News that the legendary singer turned out to be like the uncle he never had.

Guest appearances on Cudi's third solo album Indicud include Kendrick Lamar and A$AP Rocky, but how about that 9-minute track with Michael Bolton singing "bring your friends," on the hook? You can't help but wonder how on earth that one came to fruition, but obviously it involves being a fan in the first place.

Kid Cudi 'Grew Up' On Michael Bolton

"My mom is a huge fan so I grew up hearing him in the household and he did the song with The Lonely Island that I thought that was genius," Cudi explained. "I love those guys' work and seeing what they did with Michael they really utilized him, but I was like man I wanna utilize him in a way where I'm not tryna make a joke or anything--I just wanna use the mightiness of his voice in a way that's never been done before."

As a rule, Cudi will only feature an artist on his album if they've actually had time to kick it together and connect, and the chill time with Michael Bolton was everything he expected and more.

"I reached out, he responded immediately and we were able to get him in the studio for like three hours and most of the time he spent talking and just dropping science," he revealed, smiling as he relived the moment. "It was really cool to have his energy and just to be around him because he's such a legend, so down to earth and cool. He was like the uncle I never had."

If you need more visuals of that moment, Cudi described Bolton as "swagged out with the diamond earring," wearing the "ill blue sweater" and of course, splashed with "extravagant cologne that smelled like a dozen babies in a cotton field somewhere."

"His energy was just something I've never ever seen," he added. "I learned a lot from being in that session with him and that's when the real excitement comes, when you do these features with people you admire, then you meet them and they're everything you imagine them to be. Now I just have these moments in my mind of this cool session I had with Michael Bolton and we made this song about bringing your friends back to the crib!"

------------

Very cool article indeed! Now, there's also a video link posted on that page, called: "Kid Cudi grew up on Michael Bolton", but I don't have access to it. At least, we have the article, enjoy! Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Sylvia,
Thanks so much for bringing that here! So cool that MB worked with this rapper.  I never have heard of Cudi, but he sounds like a great guy.  Love that his Mom is an MB fan, and he wanted to have MB sing to use his great mighty voice in a good way, not like a joke. 
(PS-Now I am wondering what cologne Michael wears?!)
Here is the video link:
Joy
NJ

Video link is the same that it doesn't work for me but hope a lot get to see !! :)    Somewhere at sometime I have heard, read or something but Michael has said he doesn't wear any cologne he leaves the perfume to the ladies !!!

Thanks a million Sylvie for bringing article over and now I understand why your question, Joy, on the cologne......just wondering by the description given if in fact it is more an expensive, or just beautiful, soap/shower gel than cologne !!

Thanks again Sylvie.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service