Michael made reference to the fact that he had recorded a song on the new Kid Cudi album in a recent interview done during his Promotional Tour of the UK and as he has now retweeted information concerning it thought relevant to start a new thread about ONE of his latest endeavours !!!

The album is called "Immortal" and Michael is featured in a song, along with King Chip, called "Aterwards (Bring Yo Friends)" and the album is due for release in late April.

The first link below gives you details, plus a tracklist for the album, with the second containing the facility for you to be able to listen to the title track, "Immortal".

This information is also contained in the Miscellany thread where initially Sylvie has entered posts concerning it because she picked up Michael's reference to the CD, from the interview he gave, and she then checked for details relating to it and placed them on that thread.

http://dayandadream.com/2013/03/26/first-look-kid-cudi-indicud/

https://soundcloud.com/#cudderland/immortal

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 1465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi girls, I loved Kid Cudi's  statement about "the mightyness of his voice" too! I'm sorry, I should have brought the video link too, even though it's not available "from my location". Hey Sylvia, there's something else to research on the internet: what soap/shower gel smells like babies in a cotton field! lol You're welcome for the article, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hi Sylvie,

I found this link too. hhtp://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/21/kid-cudi-wanted-to-use-the-mightiness-of-michael=boltons-voice-on-indicud/

Don't think I have it right again though, you were able to help last time, maybe I can't see the end of the link on my end.  ???

Kellie

Hi Kellie, no problem, here’s your link:

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/21/kid-cudi-wanted-to-use-the-mightin...

And here’s the article:

“Kid Cudi Wanted To Use The 'Mightiness' Of Michael Bolton's Voice On Indicud

Posted 47 mins ago by Nadeska Alexis in Music News

In the digital era, when getting an exciting feature on your latest single can be as easy as trading verses and beats via e-mail, there are still rare moments when artists spend quality time vibing in the studio to create something special. Kid Cudi did just that with Michael Bolton, telling MTV News that the legendary singer turned out to be like the uncle he never had. Read the full story at MTV News or hear Cudder explain in the clip above.”

If you click on the above link and get to the page, you can click on Kid Cudi’s name and get to his page on the MTV site. Thanks for the extra article Kellie, take care. :D  Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thank you Sylvie for helping.

I liked what Kid had to say about possibly doing a video with Michael too. The Man is everywhere right now.

Babies and Cotton fields? Made me think of diapers! LMAO

Have a Fun Day!

Kellie

Hi again Kellie, my pleasure: all I did was correct a couple of characters. I do get what Kid Cudi means though:fresh, flagrant, but not overbearing, so as long as the diapers are freshly washed, that could be it! lol I'm having a fun day just reading the forum girl, take care sweetie. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Ladies,

Work was a crazy long day yesterday but Joy wrote here almost exactly what I started to but no chance so thanks, Joy. I picked up the cd yesterday and sat in my car listening to the song a few times then came home and slept 12 hours, LOL.....

I am listening to that incredible voice on OAWLY right now and it is still my favorite MB cd if there is such a thing, love them all.

I think MB has another hit with the Kid!! I wanted more of MBs voice in the song :-( More, more MB, never get enough...... :-)

Thanks for the links ladies and I thought about that cologne, Sylvia, now who were those lucky ladies, or babies, in your thoughts, Sylvie, that close to MB that day that he smelled of all those flowers, LOL......

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)
Cool interview....He really admires MB! I thought too I read years ago he did not use cologne but I could be wrong. I have not smelled a strong cologne on him when I have been around him that I ever noticed. I like this guy's description tho. LOL

Thanks for the link!!

Robin in MD :)

Just found another article about this, same info just written different.  

Joy

NJ

Kid Cudi Sheds Light on Michael Bolton’s ‘Extravagant Cologne’ & Musical Partnership
Lyle A. Waisman, Getty Images

Kid Cudi explains his collaboration with Michael Bolton and how Bolton smells like “a dozen babies in a cotton field somewhere.”

Every once in a while in music there are the most random duets that make you scratch your head. Whether it’s Elton John and Eminem, Psy and MC Hammer or Paula Abdul and Skat Kat, to name a few, certain collaborations can be perplexing and Kid Cudi and Michael Bolton are no different.

On the rapper’s current album, ‘Indicud,’ the adult contemporary singer drops his vocals on ‘Afterwards (Bring Yo Friends).’ Kid Cudi tells MTV News how the two linked up and how Michael became the uncle Cudder never had.

“My mom is a huge fan so I grew up hearing him in the household and he did the song with the Lonely Island that I thought was genius,” Cudi explained “I was like man, I wanna utilize him in a way where I’m not tryna make a joke or anything. I just wanna use the mightiness of his voice in a way that’s never been done before.”

The self-proclaimed “Mr. Rager” reached out to the ‘When a Man Loves a Woman’ singer and the two spent some quality time in the studio. “It was really cool to have his energy and just to be around him because he’s such a legend, so down to earth and cool. He was like the uncle I never had,” Cudi shared. And in case you were wondering what Bolton’s swagger is like, Cudder described Bolton as “swagged out with the diamond earrings, wearing ill blue sweaters,” and smells like, “extravagant cologne that smells like a dozen babies in a cotton field somewhere.”

Good to know!

Thanks Joy and I got word yesterday that my CD is on its way so don't know about Kid Cudi having rushed the date of release forward because 23rd was its original release date so looks as though supplier stuck with that.  Will give you a low down on the whole CD in a few days !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia,

Not Barnes and Noble nor Wal-Mart had this cd last Friday. I bought one at Target Friday night however.
Glad to know yours is finally on the way so you can take off on your trip to MARS, LOL.... ENJOY and look forward to a Wee review from you too. I smile everytime I read what Kid said about MBs smell of that supposed cologne he smelled on MB, LOL.....
Thanks for the article, Joy!!
Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

Thanks Joy. The article is similar because they all have MTV News as a source. It's nice to know the news is all over though! I heard on the radio that Kid Cudi's CD was in the top sellers list, which list, I don't know, but it is, so it's good news all around. :D Thanks again Joy, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

I don't understand....

What means: "extravagant cologne that smells like a dozen babies in a cotton field somewhere"???

Is it an american joke?

Ladies, help to understand, please!:)))))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service