I was having trouble with the MB Dates Added thread going to the last page so I'm thinking it is at it's limit so starting this new thread.

5/14/13 Updated*

You are going to find a number of things on the web and on band member's websites before I announce, or they end up in the Tour section here, or MB's official Facebook and I want to explain why.  Michael's management and tour people start setting things up and working with promoters and venues most times a long time before we hear about them. There are logistics that have to be worked out as well as schedules, deposits, agreements, etc that are all signed and ok'd before Michael's people consider them confirmed.  The band member's may put them on their websites also before we do because they are given the dates while they are being worked on, so they will hold those dates in their busy schedules as well. A lot of the band do other gigs when they aren't with Michael so they are asking them to hold those dates.  Promoters and venues sometimes post before all is confirmed on Michael's end as well because they want to get the word out and tickets sold but sometimes that works against them and most of us have seen that happen when a concert doesn't work out and tickets have to be refunded or taken down with no explanation. Most of the times the ones you find on websites of the venues or band member's sites do work out but because there is the chance they might not until all i's are dotted we don't post on the main page until it is!!

Views: 54971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really do not know what to do:

I wanted to order 4 tickets for Michael´s concert in London through the pre-sale-agency on Wednesday. As I could read on facebook, it did not work the way lots of us wished.

So I was waiting for the traditional sale through the RAH this morning, but the situation is more than disappointing for me. Even though I was on-line at 09:30 a.m., the computer seating plan did not offer concrete seats to buy. When I tried to log-in in the afternoon, the computer seating plan was working indeed, but it showed that the concert had been sold out. There were just a few available seats on the 3rd balcony. I cannot believe that it is true.

Can anybody tell me what´s wrong?

I wanted to by tickets not only for me, but for other fans from the Netherlands too and what is the result?

Thank you

Ivana

Hi Ivana, if the London RAH is the only concert you and your friends can go to, it's not ideal to be far away from the stage, but at least, you're stillthere sweetie. I'm going to the Montreal Place Des Arts show and I'm on the third level seats, but since I don't have concerts very often, I'm taking it. The london RAH I think is very popular as a venue because I hear it's a beautiful place and I'm under the impression that it's pretty central in Europe, so fans from all over go there. I know this is not very comforting, but I hope you can either find another concert destination, or that you do all go there anyway. Sadly, concert promoters and ticket-sellers are not in business to care about how far you want to travel for a concert. Best of luck sweetheart. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada xxx

CONGRATS Sylvie!!! So HAPPY for you!!! I was hoping you could go when I heard MB would be in Montreal :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, I wouldn't miss it if I had to collect redeemable soda cans door-to-door! XD Thanks sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Hey Sylvie...I collect all our cans and I will certainly mail you some if you need them!!! ROFL!!! Gotta get you to that concert :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

lol Kathy, you're too cute! lol Don't worry, I got my tickets already! Hubby  juggled a few things, so I won't be in the first row, but I'll be there with bells on and probably with my daughter and that'll be her first concert so it's even more exciting! :D Thanks a lot for the offer though... XD Take care sweetie. Big bear hugs to you, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

No problem Sylvie....I am counting on your daughter's vocals to be of benefit for you at the concert!!!   ;) LOL 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hope something works out Ivana but not in the least bit surprised if the RAH is sold out for people in the UK have been waiting since 2010 for a concert and there are more Michael Bolton fans than what are on here or on FB.  Also too do not quite understand what you mean about presale not working for it worked fine for me and I booked 6 concerts through it.   Only to hope that possibly if the tour does sell out fast his promoters may consider adding other dates but if you feel you could go somewhere else I would not hang around thinking about it for some of the other theatres are not that big and wouldn't be surprised if they could also be sold out.....was going to do a check through them all tonight and after your information most certainly will for I cannot wait to announce that it is a SELL OUT TOUR and I have believed, all along, it would be a fast sell out tour too.

Good luck Ivana and sorry to hear of the problems you have had !!!:(

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend.

I am happy for Michael that his concert in London was sold out in 1 day, but I was not able to order a ticket through Gigs and Tours, I am sorry.

When I bought tickets for concerts in the past (and for Michael´s concerts too), there was always a seating plan and one could choose the concrete row and seat. I am sorry, but Gigs and Tours offered only an aerea and a seat-Nr., but no one knew the row. So what does it mean area K, seat 165. Really no idea.

It seems, it worked better in other cities, but it did not worked in the RAH. Of course, I understand that UK fans have been waiting for him since 2010 and I wish them an amazing evening. What a pity, he is not going to play 2 concerts.

Ivana

You look at the seating plan Ivana which is at the foot of the same page where you book the ticket and as I have said below the RAH is NOT sold out and what I got offered was Row K which is 10 rows back from the stage because it goes by the alphabet and the stalls are all the seats that are on the floor in front of stage and when you have been to RAH before surely you know a little bit about the layout Ivana.   It doesn't state something as negative as an area and "nr"  for near (?) no Ivana, it gives you exact details of where your seat is as well as what it is....it comes up in the left hand corner of the booking form once you say "buy tickets" but even at that stage if you do not like the seats you can come out of the page and try again.....possibly you are not going far enough in in the booking process.....so, if you really want why not try again ????

You know you can buy tickets through other outlets Ivana and Ticketmaster is actually selling them if you prefer to use them.   It is only that Gigs & Tours are the only outlet that are selling the VIP Packages....they have sole rights to those.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

It is really strenge, when I wanted to book tickets through RAH this morning, the arena was totaly sold out. Now, after writing my message, I found there some available seats in the row 17. How is this possible?

P.S.

"Nr." means number, not "near" :-))

Ivana can I just say I have just checked with Gigs and Tours for the RAH and you can still buy tickets.   There are no VIP Packages available and in the first two price ranges you can only buy up to 2 seats together so obviously most of those rows have gone but I went in and asked for 6 seats at the £60.50 range and I got allocated Row K in the stalls and seat numbers 115 - 120.....so don't know what kind of problems you are coming up against but would advise you to get onto Gigs and Tours if you are serious about seats.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service