I was having trouble with the MB Dates Added thread going to the last page so I'm thinking it is at it's limit so starting this new thread.

5/14/13 Updated*

You are going to find a number of things on the web and on band member's websites before I announce, or they end up in the Tour section here, or MB's official Facebook and I want to explain why.  Michael's management and tour people start setting things up and working with promoters and venues most times a long time before we hear about them. There are logistics that have to be worked out as well as schedules, deposits, agreements, etc that are all signed and ok'd before Michael's people consider them confirmed.  The band member's may put them on their websites also before we do because they are given the dates while they are being worked on, so they will hold those dates in their busy schedules as well. A lot of the band do other gigs when they aren't with Michael so they are asking them to hold those dates.  Promoters and venues sometimes post before all is confirmed on Michael's end as well because they want to get the word out and tickets sold but sometimes that works against them and most of us have seen that happen when a concert doesn't work out and tickets have to be refunded or taken down with no explanation. Most of the times the ones you find on websites of the venues or band member's sites do work out but because there is the chance they might not until all i's are dotted we don't post on the main page until it is!!

Views: 53704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You ladies up that way just hit an MB GRAND SLAM......LOL !!!!. Congrats and I hope he comes back down my way this year too, Gail, and time will tell know !! ;). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

I have info on what is called a mini tour that Michael will be participating in this year.  The name of the event is called Night of the Proms and the info says:

The 2016 line-up includes Grammy Award Winning Michael Bolton, Grammy Award Winning Wynonna Judd, new wave artist Wang Chung and the former voice of Kansas Steve Walsh

Performing their #1 hits on one stage, they will be backed by IL Novecento, Belgium’s world renowned classical orchestra, a 24 voice choir, and a 5-piece electric band headed by British pop star John “Music” Miles. Opera star Fernando Varela completes an incomparable line-up.

There are two dates

June 24 • Kansas City
Sprint Center
1407 Grand Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64106

Tickets:  http://www.sprintcenter.com/events

June 25 • Dallas
Verizon Theatre
888.929-7849
1001 Performance Place
Grand Prairie, Texas 75050

Tickets:  http://www.verizontheatre.com/events

This event started over in Europe and just in the passed few years they brought it here with Pop Stars performing with a wonderful backing orchestras.  Some of the event may end up on PBS after a while.  http://www.notp.com/usa/

THANKS GAIL :)

Thanks for info Gail and wish could go to those.

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks Gail!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks Gail! Keep 'em coming :)

Lynn

whoever goes, that will be the "coolest" summer night. everybody have fun tonight, everybody wang chung tonight....actually owned this album back in the day.

That'll be a night to talk about. 

to add to my previous comment...how can I forget and the "great Michael Bolton" , the "awesomest" night !...

Usha,

New Names For CNSJ 2016 Announced: Tom Jones, Michael Bolton, Jamie Cullum And More

WILLEMSTAD – It is with great joy and also a little pride that the organisation of the Curacao North Sea Jazz festival is able to announce new names for its 7th edition, which takes place on September 1, 2 & 3. Great musicians such as Tom Jones, Jamie Cullum, Level 42, Branford Marsalis & Kurt Elling and Melody Gardot will be coming to the island on Friday. Michael Bolton and Snarky Puppy are confirmed for Saturday.

http://curacaochronicle.com/entertainment/new-names-for-cnsj-2016-a...

Have sent information about this to Gail Sally and she is checking on it because it is not confirmed yet.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

I didn't send it to Gail because we're on the same alert list and she would have seen it the same I did.

Sally

I am checking but since this is the weekend may not hear before Monday.  It has come through a couple times and probably is happening but I can't post it officially until I get the ok from Michael's end.  Thanks guys!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service