I was having trouble with the MB Dates Added thread going to the last page so I'm thinking it is at it's limit so starting this new thread.

5/14/13 Updated*

You are going to find a number of things on the web and on band member's websites before I announce, or they end up in the Tour section here, or MB's official Facebook and I want to explain why.  Michael's management and tour people start setting things up and working with promoters and venues most times a long time before we hear about them. There are logistics that have to be worked out as well as schedules, deposits, agreements, etc that are all signed and ok'd before Michael's people consider them confirmed.  The band member's may put them on their websites also before we do because they are given the dates while they are being worked on, so they will hold those dates in their busy schedules as well. A lot of the band do other gigs when they aren't with Michael so they are asking them to hold those dates.  Promoters and venues sometimes post before all is confirmed on Michael's end as well because they want to get the word out and tickets sold but sometimes that works against them and most of us have seen that happen when a concert doesn't work out and tickets have to be refunded or taken down with no explanation. Most of the times the ones you find on websites of the venues or band member's sites do work out but because there is the chance they might not until all i's are dotted we don't post on the main page until it is!!

Views: 53704

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed Ivana for we all remember what happened in 2010 in Germany and as he comes to the UK AFTER you get him.......do you think I should get a medicine chest made up and sent to him;  just in case and put on my nurses uniform and accompany ?????? LOL  

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Yes, I remember very well as he cancelled 2 concerts (Stuttgart, Hamburg) because of bronchitis. I was standing in front of a close door and was very sad.

I really cannot understand how he can "survive" his schedule. Every second/third evening a new concert.

How many concerts in the UK are you going to attend?

Ivana

That was a sad time for you all including Michael for he was using an atomizer and everything trying to shake it off and thank goodness it did eventually clear and so far, touch wood, it does not appear to have come back. !!!! :)

I am going to 6 concerts here in the UK Ivana and can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

We all will try to keep him fit as a fiddle over here in the end of 2013 through the early part of 2014 before we send him across the pond to you all!!! We won't party too hard for his birthday to wear him out or anything!!LOL 

Seriously I hope MB stays well for all the shows this time around. 

He has a very grueling and tight schedule at times, he amazes me how he does it!!! He always has!!

Robin in MD USA :)

CONGRATS TO THE FANS IN THE UK AND GERMANY  IT LOOKS LIKE MOST OF US ON HERE FROM THE USA, CANADA, UK AND GERMANY WILL BE SEEING MICHAEL IN 2014   I WILL BE SEEING HIM ON 02/17/2014 IN NY

GLORIA

Thanks Gloria and so glad you have a concert too in 2014 and hope you have a fantastic time !!! :)

Have a fantastic time, Gloria, so happy too that you have a concert soon :)). Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Congrats Gloria....so much Michael Fun going around for everyone!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Thanks Gail!!!!! Love to see more European dates in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to folks in Germany from my end too!!! I counted earlier.....I think there are about 45 concerts scheduled thus far beginning shortly. :))) Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

I am only putting in below as an informative note on here and I do not expect any answers and certainly not from you Gail as I fully understand that what is offered in the VIP Packages as being in the hands of the Promoter and not necessarily Michael's direct Management Team but I am far from happy and a little concerned at an e-mail I have received this morning.    Receipt of the e-mail came about because a girl on Twitter had put in a question with regard to the Wolverhampton VIP Package and I didn't understand exactly what she was getting at and went in and checked Gigs & Tours and subsequently sent them an e-mail because what they showed for VIP Packages in Wolverhampton was that they were "not available" .....reply I got back stated that it would mean they were "sold out" and I sent a further e-mail to them asking why then no conformity as other venues are showing "sold out" for VIP Packages not "not available" ....I have no word back on that.   Definitely in the English language "not available" and "sold out" do not mean the same things to me.  I digress slightly by putting that in but because I saw that I decided to check all venues and see what was written against VIP Packages and when I came to the Glasgow concert I noted that what was missing was the details about what the VIP Packages contain.   At the beginning, when tickets went on sale, this information was not included for the Glasgow concert and I contacted Gigs & Tours to ask what was included in the Glasgow VIP Package and reply I got then was that the VIP Package was the same for each venue and subsequently the information was put against Glasgow BUT as I say, it has now, again, been withdrawn and I, of course, when I saw that sent a further e-mail to them and the reply I got back this morning is .....................

"Hello,

I can confirm that information in regards to the VIP element of the booking will be sent to you via email closer to the date.

If you have still not received this information in the week leading up to the event, then please contact us at your earliest convenience and we shall endeavour to forward you this to you.

Kind Regards

Carrie
Customer Services"
Believe you will all see where my concern is coming from especially in knowing the last time Michael was in Scotland he did not stay here but travelled that self same night back down into England.....is he going to do the same again and therefore we will find meet & greet withdrawn and could this be the same with Wolverhampton as he will not stay there after concert but travel away for his overnight accommodation.
As I say, largely, I am just putting this in here for information of those who have bought VIP Packages for Glasgow and if they are lurkers hopefully they will see but this morning I am not a happy bunny to think I have spent over £100 more on cost of seat to possibly not know until week before what I have spent that money on......that, in my book, does not seem fair or right.  Am thinking too that possible in Wolverhampton no VIP Packages have been sold and therefore the withdrawal of was easy but in Glasgow some have been sold therefore change in what they contain is having to be worked out.
Maybe this is the start of my bubble being burst....it has happened twice already and I am a great believer in everything coming in threes and those that know me know, I am far from an optimist;  it just looks to me this morning as though.....here we go again !!!! :(
BTW should also add that looked further into details concerning VIP Packages and the mention of first 4 rows and it has become clear that it is only a certain amount of seating WITHIN the first 4 rows that are included in the VIP Packages not the complete first 4 rows at each venue.   I had to check further on that because I have seats at two venues I am going to within the first 4 rows and I have not paid VIP Package prices for them.
Do hope you all appreciate why I have put this post in here ??

Oh my Sylvia, Can you ask her for the details? Can you call them? That was a blanket answer that has no real info for you or anyone else inquiring now.   You all paid for a VIP package that hopefully also the info will come with your tickets. Have you gotten the tickets in the mail? Just wondered if information will be mailed with the actual tickets? Also I'd ask why it was not there like during the presales when these were first sold?  If something has changed then they owe people money if they don't hold up to what was advertised hen the pre-sales started and you all got tickets/packages and come thru with it, that's false advertising otherwise I'd think. I hope they cleared all this with MB's people before they sold the tickets so that things were all above board with everyone including MB knowing about it.  One time back here that happened and people waiting almost didn't get to see him and word had not gotten to him about it or something. He rushed to see fans waiting once he found out about it and fans did pay extra for that event to see him after the show.  As sweet as he his he did  the best he could when he did find out...Not his fault at all, he had no idea.  I cannot imagine they didn't work this all out though...and maybe they did sell out and didn't use those words for some stupid reason only and all is fine.. I hope so for your sake and everyone that purchased the VIP packages for the UK concerts...Crossing all I can here that it's all ok for you and everyone!!!  I hope you get a positive confirmtion about this soon to ease your mind.

Robin in MD:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service