I will post new concerts in this thread. Hopefully I have set it correctly to be at the top.

Gail

We've gotta find a way to trust

The very best in all of us

Let there be love, let there be love

Views: 18078

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Jaana there is a St. Petersburg in the USA and we have a Moscow here in Scotland, not too far from where I live, so if MB announces concert in Moscow better remember to mention it is  Russia or my little heart might just be all a flutter !!!! ROFL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Haha...Sylvia! Yes, isn't it funny, how many places there are, with the same name, in this hole world (even in our countries!)!!

But...I hope there is only 1 Helsinki, 1 Lahti and 1 Tampere, cause those are the cities, the most important ones for me...at the moment ;) ;) ;)

Jaana....Pink Lady...from Finland

Who (again) carries on 'her job', LOL!

......and I hope Jaana there is only 1 Glasgow, 1 Edinburgh and 1 Aberdeen in Scotland (I know there are plenty of those throughout the world !) because like your Helsinki, Lahti and Tampere I will be heading to all three if and when mentioned !!!!!!! ROFL.   Keep up the good work Jaana and I hope your dreams come true !!!! :)))))))

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hello Sylvia!

I definitely prefer Moscow in Scotland to Moscow in Russia !! :-))

Can you/anybody tell me why Michael was brought to the childern hospital in St. Petersburg? Did they want money from him? I guess there are a lot of extremely rich Russians who probably have more money than Michael has. Poor childern who were lying in their hospital beds, they wanted to sleep and recover after a difficult surgery and there were so many photographer in the room who only wanted to take pictures of Michael and Mrs. Abdul. I definitely did not like the pictures taken there. What was the sense of it all?

Everybody knows, that Michael loves helping people in risk. But I guess, he has a lot of work in the US with his charity.

Ivana

Wouldn't use the words "he was brought" Ivana as do not believe Michael would go anywhere except of his own free will and the point of it was to raise money by having well known celebrities take part in a show where an auction was held for various items that had been donated and that money is going to be used for the benefit of those children that you saw lying in their hospital beds and hopefully it will make their recovery and those that will, unfortunately, follow them into those beds,  quicker, safer and more enjoyable and the point of the visit was to advertise the needs of the hospital and by having well known celebrities present hopefully more people would look at the news coverage and realize what was needed to be done  and possibly some rich Russian may have watched and just find he has a heart and donate a good part of his wealth toward what the hospital needs but if he is not shown and told what is needed, by such news coverage, how does he ever get to know  ??   I obviously don't know if in your part of the world such events are held but certainly here in the UK there are plenty of fundraisers that follow very similar lines, as that in Russia, and those celebrities that take part are generally known and recognized to be generous, kind, thoughtful and considerate people and that is the reason they are invited to help with the fundraising and because of having those qualities that is how they, in turn, agree to take part.   

Must admit Ivana I am more than a bit confused as to what your "beef" is about it for do you not believe celebrities should be used for the raising of such  funds or are you saying that Michael has enough charitable work to do in the States that he should not have spread himself further afield by going to Russia and trying to lend a helping hand there.....as I say Ivana I am not sure what your objection is to the method used for fundraising as to my knowledge they are the self same methods that each and every country in the world uses to attempt to gather funds needed for whatever purpose.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

So very true Sylvia...in addition Michael is supportive of the ordinary Russians and their children who are in need. He is proud of his Russian roots and doesn't appear for political reasons. Politics and humanitarian aid are two very different policies. Thank goodness Michael has an open heart AND his own mind to decide what HE wants to do. Michael stated that it was wonderful to see where and how HIS money was used to help the Russian children :))

Thank you Michael for helping as many people as you do with no prejudices to stop your generosity :))) Bless you!!

Also here in the U.S. our sports stars are always visiting children's hospitals and the kids LOVE it...not to mention all the money they donate!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hello Ivana. I am guessing he was there to help support the research and funding for research to get medical equipment and things needed at those types of hospitals in Russia. He was a part of a group that was to be involved in this charity event.  They raised funds at the actual event and MB and Paula toured the hospital to see where the funds are going and what GOOD is being done from what I can gather.  I could say why is he going there too as I'm from the USA but I feel if he can do good things also world wide, some of those same people he's supporting will hopefully remember and also help causes HERE that he's supporting and asking for assistance with maybe too..He can help network for his own charity this way as well.

MB is very generous with his time and his wanting to assist others..He and his charity does alot of wonderful work here too. He has always said if he can use his "Celebrity" to bring attention to causes that need help or attention to something like this he wants to do that..He's proven he truly cares.  I don't understand the problem either..

Just my 2 cents.

Robin in MD USA :)

i guess you did not like the beautiful pictures of michael and PAULA together then ivana .lol

Hi girls, reading all your messages in response to Ivana, here’s my 2 cents. From what I understand, Ivana is just feeling for the poor kids who are being disturbed by the media coverage when she figures they’re suffering enough already. Now in response to Ivana, if you have time to read the articles on this thread:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-in-st-petersburg-...?

You’ll find out that celebrities were shown all the good the money raised would bring to these poor kids, through the auction they were taking part in. Plus, Michael has always said that he realized that celebrity was a currency that is well used to bring attention to worthy causes. That’s the way I see it. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie....I can't imagine the doctors would even consider entering a room with a child who is suffering. I am certain they are much more considerate than that and imagine how uncomfortable Michael would have felt if he thought he was disturbing anyone let alone a sick child. I am sure they chose a child to visit.... of all the children in the hospital...that was not in critical care :) I can't imagine the visit being done any other way.

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hello Sylvie from Canada !

Thank you for understanding my soul, you are the only one !

For all of you: I have never doubted Michael´s good heart and his activities in order to help people or especially ill childern. Oh Good, what do you think about me?

I only asked you to tell me your opinion what the sense of the visit of Michael and Paula Abdul in the hospital might have been (Helen Alicia Anderson: do not worry, I liked all beautiful pictures of them and I am not jealous) as I have already spent a lot of time in the hospital helping different members of my family and I know, that the photographer are mostly interessted in the celebrities but not in the concrete ill people. Do you really guess anybody would think about the health of the ill child shown in the news coverage and will donate? Did YOU personaly notice the child´s hair? Was it a girl or a boy? No! But I am sure, all of you noticed that Michael was dressed in a show white shirt and a perfect suit. This is what I meant. And are YOU going to donate? Start with yourself, please. This is your chance!

Oh Sylvia from Scotland, do you really think, that possibly some rich Russian may have watched the news coverage, realised what was needed in the hospital and are going to donate? There are so many people in the whole world who are really rich (businesspeople, celebrities) and have never donate. But I know a lot of “normal” people who donate every year a part of their salaries. It depends only on OUR hearts, not on the account balance.

When I said, Michael had enough charitable work to do in the US, it was meant positive !! He is doing a very good job, a big compliment, Michael.

I am sorry, but I did not hear Michael to say “it was wonderful to see where and how HIS money was used to help the Russian children”. When it was HIS money, so everything is more than O.K. I only did not realise, that the reason of the festival in St. Petersburg was fundraising for ill childern……

Ivana

Ivana, I understand what you are saying regarding these children and disturbing them.  I don't think the tour took Michael and Paula to too many of the Children's rooms..maybe one or two to look in on..the main point was the staff and equipment they were being shown so they knew what they were there to raise money for through their participation.  Yes the media was there to shoot their tour ...but isn't that the whole point of a celebrity being there..to bring attention to the situation to those who may not have known. Whether we feel it is right or wrong celebrity does bring attention and that was the whole purpose of their visit along with showing the participants what they were performing for.  Michael, I don't feel, would ever do anything to upset of bother any of the children there and if he had felt that was what was happening I believe he would have said something or ended the tour...known him to do that before.   Also Michael wasn't donating his money to these children and hosptial he was donating his time and talent so that people would purchase tickets and buy at the auction to raise money for this children't hosptial....that was the whole purpose of the event and him being there. We have heard Michael say many times how he feels about his celebrity helping to raise money for worthy causes and he would be right there...not just for his personal charity.  Think of how many charithy events he participates in here in the US...well now that he is traveling intenationally so much he feels the pull to help wherever he can.  So my thoughts are the visit had 2 reasons...for the media to photograph Michael and Paula there and have more people tune in and to let Michael and Paula see what they were there giving their talents for.   Just my 2 cents.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service