I will post new concerts in this thread. Hopefully I have set it correctly to be at the top.

Gail

We've gotta find a way to trust

The very best in all of us

Let there be love, let there be love

Views: 18078

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It all makes perfect sense Gail....and thanks again for even more facts. I could sense you were reliving the great times you must have had!!! There is NOTHING like the good old days and our Bolton adventures!!! I live right next to Ojai and was debating whether to buy tickets for the event. I must admit...for me personally to spend that much...I get a bit greedy and would like to take a photo with "our" Michael :) Perhaps it is too much to ask.....but when you have limited funds...you want to get your moneys worth and stretch it as FAR as you can....lol Like far enough for a photo!!! Do you think I would stand a chance Gail if I bought a ticket for this years event in Ojai? Just wondering. I believe you went to Ojai this year....any suggestions? I know Michael has been more than kind and patient with me ...what with the fire truck posing etc!!!!! LOL I just adore him and his music and would certainly be more inclined to spend money if I knew I stood a chance of a photo and a hello!! Bob and I have a blast with our Bolton adventures. Bob will never forget the time Michael took to pose with him and his fire crew. And it is so funny because Michael said "you think what I do is hard with my schedule...it is what these guys do that is hard!!!" And then he pointed to Bob and his crew. One of the paps asked Michael about his schedule. Who would think that Michael's words would ring soooo true when Bob got injured in a car fire that exploded on Jan. 9th!!! It was surreal when I thought back about what Michael had said!!! So I know first hand how kind Michael is and understand what a crazy schedule he always has!!! Thanks again for the info...and who knows...maybe we will meet in Ojai!!!!!

take care....

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Just saw this post, every event is different Kathy and what they arranged and what MB can do with meeting people that pay to attend..WE went to a This Close event back in maybe 2002 it was at an art gallery in CT and it was same time as Gala weekend and he mingled and did take pics with people, we got some of us with him in the art gallery, it was a casual setting with him mingling and he was doing it with quite a few folks before we asked.. He granted us pics too, they came out cute.  It wasn't nearly as big an event as his own MBC events were back then.  So every event is different. Glad you had an opportunity at one also out there.. See ya never know.

Robin in Maryland :)

Thanks Robin Md for more info. I was definitely confusing the 2 events. I do know Michael is so approachable if he has the time so I couldn't figure out why he wasn't present at your gathering. But of course that was never the intention of your gathering :) So true how every event is different! So the wise person is always prepared!! lol Glad you had that casual visit with Michael. Those are always the best ones as was my little PAP video encounter!!!! Treasures forever!! Thanks again for more info :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

HI Kathy, We never paid to meet with MB at the fan receptions, that was NEVER said.. We just always wondered if he would pop in over the years...Just to clarify, that was never a part of the fan reception advertising and we all knew that he most likely would not stop by, but never for sure!!LOL

Good ol days Gala Weekends!!! I had a pic with Orrin that one year too when he visited the gala fan reception, he was nice.

Yes I paid to attend the gala itself quiete a few times over the years with my friends and we got to say hi to MB maybe as he walked by into the room or something like that..but that's about it and we didn't bother him to ask for photos, it wasn't that type of event to do so as a fan.. I hope that makes sense.   My friend won a fan contest in 2009 to see him and get pics backstage and we did do that together which was  a treat.. He knew that and it was arranged by MBC!

Well said GAIL. We all enjoyed seeing each other, the band, whoever else like his mom and the family that did come by.. The auctions were fun and my friend has one of MB's shirts he donated. I have a pic of me wearing it Gala weekend!! He autographed it.. MB did contribute as much as he could and always was so appreciative of what the fans collected at the reception for MBC each year..

Good ol days!!!!!

Ahhhh....memories!!! I dread the day I can't remember that far back Robin md!!! LOL LOL Hopefully not for a very long time because the good ol' days are way too much fun remembering!!1

Kathy and LAFd Bob

Yeah they are Kathy, we sometimes get out pics and look at those and that helps us old timers remember!!LOL  Good times!!!

Robin in MD :)

It all makes perfect sense now Robin Md!!!! That was certainly a lot of work for all of you dedicated fans to pull off each year!!! Kudos to all of you!!! Sylvie mentioned Orrin and other family members stopping by the fan reception. That sure was sweet of them to be present also :) Now of course you and a friend would win the backstage pass!!! LOL You certainly deserve it for all your devotion!!! Nothing comes along without hard work!! I hope you have many more special moments with Michael. Hopefully I can sneak a few more in for myself as well!! What fun...isn't it??!! We certainly have earned our little adventures at these latest concerts haven't we with all that is going on personally!!! Wow..do I need some Michael music live about now!! Yippee!!! Thanks again for the info :)

Kathy and LAFd Bob 

Well I certainly hope you do for your benefit you are planning Jennifer!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Very good Juliet!!! You and Jennifer enjoy :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Well, that is good to hear!!  :)

Helena..xx..

Hi Helena and Kathy,

I am dying to know what they have up their sleeves - maybe it is just their arms - venus de milo and all that Kathy - she strikes again - well she can't - she hasn't any arms but you know what I mean !!!!!!   lol.    They have got me worried - all these little innuendos and things I could be led astray.....................................

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service