Below links show Michael and Paula Abdul visiting a Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg today and reports contained in the links are those televised on a news channel.   Didn't know quite where to put so I hope everyone okay with fact I have started this thread and that I have laid it out way I have with links and then written transcripts which were given below each.    

http://www.tv100.ru/news/zvezdy-shou-biznesa-priehali-v-pervuyu-gorodskuyu-bolnicu-na-avangardnoy-ulice-58533/

"Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton and the "Earthlings". The stars of show business came today to seriously ill children in the first municipal hospital in the Avant-garde street.

In the framework of charity musicians demonstrated the latest equipment for eye care and burn units. Complicated and expensive equipment purchased with the money the charity fund "Federation". Such devices help physicians, first, to recognize the disease, for example, the eye early on and ease the pain of young patients.

For example, a bed, equipped with a computer, runs on a dry liquid. This allows the body to repeat the form of a child, avoid friction, and pressure sores, which is especially important in the burn ward.

Michael Bolton, musician:

"I'm also a father, I too have children. It is impossible to say" no "when it comes to aid charities, children's hospitals. Difference is based on advanced technologies and products, and you know it you can see all of you just can disseminate information that the hospital needs to be supported. "

This is not the first action of the charity fund "Federation". From 30 March to 1 April in Moscow hosted a charity auction in aid of the four children's hospitals. This list includes two hospitals, and St. Petersburg.

Also, action timed to coincide with another important event - the Mikhailovsky Castle today will be a charity auction, "Stars in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases." Typically, the money collected at these auctions, go to help seriously ill children and equipping hospitals with modern equipment."  

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310377/

"In the framework of charity Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton visited the children's hospital number 1 in St. Petersburg. They saw with their own eyes an expensive equipment purchased for the treatment of severely ill children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 in St. Petersburg, waiting for distinguished guests. World stars were supposed to visit the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation". According to NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina, children visited Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton.
Note that here expecting more of the stars, but for various reasons they have not arrived at the hospital: one could not fly, but someone changed plans. Nevertheless, the significance of the event it does not diminish.
The visit was the inspection of equipment that was purchased with the money to charities. The funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago in Moscow on the Sparrow Hills. Then in the list of financial aid was listed, and the St. Petersburg Children's Municipal Hospital number 1.
After a year of medical equipment purchased and installed. Now the institution has a unique bed burn intensive care unit patients. There are already being treated the 11-year-old boy who was taken by helicopter from Novgorod. The child has 40 percent body surface burn.
Unfortunately, the demand for hospitals in this technique is extremely high, because there is not only saving the lives of small St. Petersburg, but also children from the neighboring regions.
The guests also visited the now Department of Ophthalmology, which also operates the equipment for a comprehensive examination of patients. And after a brief meeting with journalists visit ended with stars. People communicate with their children did not. It was not planned. However, the absence of such communication is unlikely to affect the continued support of the Children's Hospital.
In the evening will be held in the Mikhailovsky Castle charity auction. As said in a statement fund "Federation", in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases."

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310419/

"The distinguished guests who attended one of the largest children's hospitals in St. Petersburg, saw a unique bed in the burn intensive care and modern devices for testing of children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 on the Avant-garde street of St. Petersburg's famous guests were waiting. World stars visited the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation".

Were you able to talk to young patients with singers and celebrities who came out, he knows NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina .

Guests arriving in the 1st children's city hospital in time, first for a long time stood in front of the clinic. Journalists and patients considered to Paul Abdul and Michael Bolton. It turned out that they are waiting for the other stars. When it became clear that others did not arrive, the company has acceded to the doctors, musicians who met in the lobby.

After a brief introduction delegation moved around, which was the first item on the intensive care burn department, which recently brought and set up a special bed. Bought it for charitable funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago on the Sparrow Hills.

Then in the list of recipients and hit the St. Petersburg Children's Hospital. Now the treatment is on the new hardware is 12-year-old Sasha, who has 40% burns. The boy was brought here by helicopter from Novgorod.

Marina Brazol
, head of the burns unit of the 1st children's city hospital in St. Petersburg: "The bed operates on the principle of dry liquid. It creates a little pressure on the burn surface, the donor wounds, where we take skin. The bed is warm. We can adjust the temperature to warm the patient. This is important: in shock patients ill keep the temperature. "

Previously, when changing a patient in intensive care physicians had a special sterilized sand by hand. It took about 12 hours. And given the high demand for such equipment, is a branch of one thousand children a year, every minute counts.

Simplify the lives of patients and physicians and diagnostic ophthalmic center. This study is the second and last point of the program

star delegation .

The children are the stars of show business did not communicate. But this was not planned. Of course, if one of the patients left the chambers, the dialogue would be held. But the kids wanted to or not, or were on the procedures, or just tired.

But on further financial support of this fact should not be affected. Especially when the guests - an American of Russian origin, Michael Bolotin, who became Michael Bolton, but do not forget their roots.

Michael Bolton
, musician: "I too have children. It is impossible to say "no" when it comes to child care organizations, children charities, children's hospitals. We came here to see the difference - when you can use the new technology. Children sleep on new bedding. We would like to see it with my own eyes. But the most important thing that you distribute this information. And the hospital, and children receive more support. And probably all of us heart aches when it comes to children. "

In the 1st children's city hospital a lot of friends to help financially. With some, this friendship has lasted for about ten years. The only question that someone needed publicity for charitable events, while others, on the contrary, I want to remain a secret benefactor. But in any case, the value of this assistance is always equivalent."

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 4469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ladies, I'm glad you appreciate my efforts, Thank you!:))) I hope tomorrow will be in RuNet more news about Michael..

I looked at the pictures now ...I like the hair of Michael!For a change, though Michael sometimes wears long hair:)))))

Can I start this post with saying I have just managed to stop crying and obviously going completely OFF topic and saying that Andy Murray is the first British man through to the Wimbledon Final for 74 years.....WOW.....he has just got there and he plays Federer on Sunday.  Last time a Brit won Wimbledon was the ladies with Virginia Wade and it was in the Queen's Silver Jubilee year NOW Andy is through and this is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year.....does anyone feel like me that it might just be a good omen .....oh roll on Sunday !!!! LOL.

NOW....back to the good part and Michael and Olga's link and below is the translation for the article that comes with video of news broadcast.  Video is again showing all clips that we have seen of Michael and Paula in the Kid's Hospital but this one goes a little further and shows shots from the auction at the Federation Foundation and shots of some guests performing on the stage.....you see quite a few shots of MB but you really do not hear him at all only a little bit which is on the other videos of him starting to say about having children and then the Russian commentator breaks in again.

"International music festival "White Nights of St. Petersburg" will start on July 6. Among the guests - world stars. The collected money from ticket sales will go to the Foundation for seriously ill children. There also would send money from a charity auction that was held in the Mikhailovsky Castle.

In the hospital ward Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton are on tiptoe: afraid to disturb the little patient. Child after the accident was taken to the burn center in Nizhny Novgorod on the helicopter emergency situations. It has all the necessary modern equipment, the boy soon went on the mend. The latest machines have been purchased at the expense of charitable organizations. For the celebrity guest is another opportunity to see what are the money collected by them.

Later, in conversation with reporters, Michael Bolton, recognized that when my own children have grown up, I wanted to help others.

"I'm also a father, I too have children. It is impossible to say" no "when it comes to aid charities, children's hospitals, which need modern technology and drugs. And you all can see myself with my own eyes and tell the world that this hospital needs help, "- says the singer Michael Bolton.

On the eve of the traditional charity auction brought together dozens of wealthy Hollywood stars, fans and patrons. Among the lots - guitar Kevin Costner, a favorite ornament soloist of group "Boney M" Liz Mitchell - a diamond ring, a pen of Thomas Anders. Paula Abdul put up for sale his personal Tablet PC. He became the most expensive lot: for it was 20 thousand dollars bail.

"For the kids is important is our support, care and a smile. Let's not forget about it. I had a chance to visit children's hospitals, and I remember a long time" - appealed to the audience Paula Abdul.

Charitable actions do not end there. Today, international music festival called "White Nights of St. Petersburg." Star Marathon last three days.

The concert will perform Anastacia, Natalie Imbruglia, Eros Ramazzotti and many others. Organizers promise: surprises will be. All tickets are sold out. The funds collected will be transferred to the St. Petersburg hospitals and orphanages."

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Michael has retweeted the below link and whilst again it is very similar to other news broadcasts there is a slight difference at the beginning and part way through for it shows them entering and also at the auction on 5th July which was held in the Castle and therefore again the transcript of the video appears the same as others but it does give a little more information about the items auctioned and the amounts that were made from them.

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310497/

"In St. Petersburg, under the hammer away personal belongings of the world of celebrities. All of the money will purchase medical equipment for children's clinics in the city.

NTV correspondent Nicholas Bulkin learned how much the guitar was sold at auction, and Kevin Costner concert butterfly Jose Carreras.

Increased attention so familiar stars of the world of show business, but this evening at the Mikhailovsky Castle, St. Petersburg, they did not attract to itself and to the charitable foundation, which is supported.

Paula Abdul , the singer: "I recently met with the fund, and the excellent work he does for children's hospitals with young children, who have hopes, dreams and smiles. The evening will be perfect, and we will collect more money. "

Some came with their own star lot, such as the singer Paula Abdul, who has decided to auction off your fashion plate, and someone asked me to give something up for sale. Opera singer Jose concert Karreros sent a butterfly, the owner of "Oscar" Kevin Costner shared guitar.

Price of the lot here in any case raises no celebrity status, and good purpose. In an atmosphere of social events are raising money to help children with serious illnesses.

For small operations, Alexandra year is over, but there is still a course of treatment. Burn center of the first children's city hospital of St. Petersburg, where the girl, in fact, saved the lives of the stars favor. For the singer Paula Abdul and performer of romantic ballads, Michael Bolton - is

an opportunity to see how to spend the collected money for their participation.

Received medical equipment is used. New bed set up in intensive care. It is already helping children who have received burns. Now there are 11-year-old Sasha. He was taken by helicopter from Novgorod - a teenager burned 40% of the body.

It is unlikely that children are familiar songs of Abdul and Bolton, but such attention is still important. And now, suddenly, the foreign artist is closer than you think.

Michael Bolton , singer: "My grandfather came from Ukraine, actually my full name - Michael Bolotin. I came to see him home. I have no family here anymore, but I feel connected with this place, especially when helping children. "

At an auction this evening with a diamond ring from the soloist Liz Mitchell Boney M went for 5.5 thousand dollars. Guitar Kevin Costner - in 6000 dollars. Thousands of dollars are moving in the tens and then - in the very means by which foreign visitors do wealthier Russian children's hospital."

This picture was contained in another tweet that MB retweeted from someone asking Paula Abdul where all the pictures were from the event.....I am sorely tempted to tweet back and tell her to come onto MB's website for they are all over here and I am pretty certain that is the only reason MB has retweeted it, in order that we could get this picture, for the rest of the tweet means nothing to us......so, here is the picture MB has sent and it is a great one too......

Sylvie the photo is of Michael and Paula Abdul standing outside the venue for the auction and they have their arms round each other and both are REALLY smiling, could almost be said, they are laughing.....it is a beautiful photograph and in saying that each and everyone we have of the two of them together are pretty brilliant !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for all the reports Sylvia and especially for the pic description: it sounds beautiful! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Michael has sent this tweet about half hour ago so I guess all our pictures and videos are over from Russia, unless.............!! LOL   I will do one last scout round everywhere just in case but in meantime enjoy tweet !! :)

"On my way home from Petersburg Russia where I visited a Children's Hospital with and we sang for the charity. Very moving!!"

Below is live link to show in St. Petersburg and is just about finished for tonght with Paula telling the contestants to have a good nights rest and I am sorry I cannot be specific and say when it may be back on tomorrow, if anyone is interested in watching.......you can run back through link and see previous acts and I managed to track down Natalie Imbruglia and she was pretty good and one or two of the contestents aren't too bad either but it is not the easiest of shows to follow and especially when it obviously is all in Russian but thought I would bring link over and you can decide individually what you do with it....if you are looking for any other information that may come out about it check on Paula Abdul's Twitter page because that is where it is.....her team have been tweeting all the stuff to do with.  

http://wnfestival.ru/

The thread is not closed because Michael has retweeted a tweet (talk about a tongue twister) from Paula who sent him a picture of them both for his journey home when they visited the Children's Hospital and it is one she has put out on her FB page and her post with it says : "I'm in St. Petersburg, Russia now....and I had the wonderful opportunity & privilege to visit a children's hospital with my dear friend Michael Bolton - Paula" and here is the picture.....

Thank you so, so much Olga for that link.....another fantastic one and I am so glad you are still working away finding all of these for certainly without the information you have supplied this thread would be pretty bare ......THANKS and all your hard work is more than appreciated for I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Michael in Russia and....who knows.....maybe there will be more pictures !!! :)

Below is translation contained in Olga's link and I have also taken out the pictures from the set that Michael is in and Sylvie and Robin CA that is what the link contains;  a set of 35 pictures from the Charity auction event .........

"Yesterday, in the courtyard of the castle was an auction of the Engineering Foundation "Federation", which stars the world to sell their things for the benefit of the St. Petersburg hospital. Above $ 11 thousand trades have not risen. The correspondent of "DP" found out why the donations from St. Petersburg, too, love peace"      Truly believe meaning is just about totally lost in that translation !! LOL  BTW if anyone is interested the castle is known as the Mikhailovsky Castle.

Appreciate last one has already appeared but .....is anyone complaining about having to look at it TWICE ???? LOL

Hi, Sylvia!!

I do not understand... why the Russian mass media is no information about the festival at the Ice Palace :(((

By the way, my girlfriend lives next to the Ice Palace,and she said that there was no recovery near the Palace did not see.

Usually, if the palace is a concert, going to a lot of people and cars..Two days peace and quiet. Strange .. Maybe the contest is not in the Ice Palace, and another concert hall ..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service