Below links show Michael and Paula Abdul visiting a Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg today and reports contained in the links are those televised on a news channel.   Didn't know quite where to put so I hope everyone okay with fact I have started this thread and that I have laid it out way I have with links and then written transcripts which were given below each.    

http://www.tv100.ru/news/zvezdy-shou-biznesa-priehali-v-pervuyu-gorodskuyu-bolnicu-na-avangardnoy-ulice-58533/

"Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton and the "Earthlings". The stars of show business came today to seriously ill children in the first municipal hospital in the Avant-garde street.

In the framework of charity musicians demonstrated the latest equipment for eye care and burn units. Complicated and expensive equipment purchased with the money the charity fund "Federation". Such devices help physicians, first, to recognize the disease, for example, the eye early on and ease the pain of young patients.

For example, a bed, equipped with a computer, runs on a dry liquid. This allows the body to repeat the form of a child, avoid friction, and pressure sores, which is especially important in the burn ward.

Michael Bolton, musician:

"I'm also a father, I too have children. It is impossible to say" no "when it comes to aid charities, children's hospitals. Difference is based on advanced technologies and products, and you know it you can see all of you just can disseminate information that the hospital needs to be supported. "

This is not the first action of the charity fund "Federation". From 30 March to 1 April in Moscow hosted a charity auction in aid of the four children's hospitals. This list includes two hospitals, and St. Petersburg.

Also, action timed to coincide with another important event - the Mikhailovsky Castle today will be a charity auction, "Stars in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases." Typically, the money collected at these auctions, go to help seriously ill children and equipping hospitals with modern equipment."  

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310377/

"In the framework of charity Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton visited the children's hospital number 1 in St. Petersburg. They saw with their own eyes an expensive equipment purchased for the treatment of severely ill children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 in St. Petersburg, waiting for distinguished guests. World stars were supposed to visit the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation". According to NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina, children visited Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton.
Note that here expecting more of the stars, but for various reasons they have not arrived at the hospital: one could not fly, but someone changed plans. Nevertheless, the significance of the event it does not diminish.
The visit was the inspection of equipment that was purchased with the money to charities. The funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago in Moscow on the Sparrow Hills. Then in the list of financial aid was listed, and the St. Petersburg Children's Municipal Hospital number 1.
After a year of medical equipment purchased and installed. Now the institution has a unique bed burn intensive care unit patients. There are already being treated the 11-year-old boy who was taken by helicopter from Novgorod. The child has 40 percent body surface burn.
Unfortunately, the demand for hospitals in this technique is extremely high, because there is not only saving the lives of small St. Petersburg, but also children from the neighboring regions.
The guests also visited the now Department of Ophthalmology, which also operates the equipment for a comprehensive examination of patients. And after a brief meeting with journalists visit ended with stars. People communicate with their children did not. It was not planned. However, the absence of such communication is unlikely to affect the continued support of the Children's Hospital.
In the evening will be held in the Mikhailovsky Castle charity auction. As said in a statement fund "Federation", in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases."

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310419/

"The distinguished guests who attended one of the largest children's hospitals in St. Petersburg, saw a unique bed in the burn intensive care and modern devices for testing of children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 on the Avant-garde street of St. Petersburg's famous guests were waiting. World stars visited the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation".

Were you able to talk to young patients with singers and celebrities who came out, he knows NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina .

Guests arriving in the 1st children's city hospital in time, first for a long time stood in front of the clinic. Journalists and patients considered to Paul Abdul and Michael Bolton. It turned out that they are waiting for the other stars. When it became clear that others did not arrive, the company has acceded to the doctors, musicians who met in the lobby.

After a brief introduction delegation moved around, which was the first item on the intensive care burn department, which recently brought and set up a special bed. Bought it for charitable funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago on the Sparrow Hills.

Then in the list of recipients and hit the St. Petersburg Children's Hospital. Now the treatment is on the new hardware is 12-year-old Sasha, who has 40% burns. The boy was brought here by helicopter from Novgorod.

Marina Brazol
, head of the burns unit of the 1st children's city hospital in St. Petersburg: "The bed operates on the principle of dry liquid. It creates a little pressure on the burn surface, the donor wounds, where we take skin. The bed is warm. We can adjust the temperature to warm the patient. This is important: in shock patients ill keep the temperature. "

Previously, when changing a patient in intensive care physicians had a special sterilized sand by hand. It took about 12 hours. And given the high demand for such equipment, is a branch of one thousand children a year, every minute counts.

Simplify the lives of patients and physicians and diagnostic ophthalmic center. This study is the second and last point of the program

star delegation .

The children are the stars of show business did not communicate. But this was not planned. Of course, if one of the patients left the chambers, the dialogue would be held. But the kids wanted to or not, or were on the procedures, or just tired.

But on further financial support of this fact should not be affected. Especially when the guests - an American of Russian origin, Michael Bolotin, who became Michael Bolton, but do not forget their roots.

Michael Bolton
, musician: "I too have children. It is impossible to say "no" when it comes to child care organizations, children charities, children's hospitals. We came here to see the difference - when you can use the new technology. Children sleep on new bedding. We would like to see it with my own eyes. But the most important thing that you distribute this information. And the hospital, and children receive more support. And probably all of us heart aches when it comes to children. "

In the 1st children's city hospital a lot of friends to help financially. With some, this friendship has lasted for about ten years. The only question that someone needed publicity for charitable events, while others, on the contrary, I want to remain a secret benefactor. But in any case, the value of this assistance is always equivalent."

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 4469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the links Gail. Enjoyed reading about the 1988 Russia trip :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Gail, thanks for transfering the info, very interesting. You learn stuff every day... :D Take care Gail and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Thanks for this link Olga and I hope my message falls below this but just in case not I will put link in here again.   Link takes you into a set of photos showing performers at the show which was held in the Ice Palace and they have been taken on 7th July and from picture 72 to end is a set showing MB performing and Olga has put in some of these photos on the thread......just to whet your apetite !!! LOL

http://www.purepeople.ru/article/pola-abdul-devid-khasselhoff-na-fe...

Thanks again for link Olga for they are a beautiful set of photos !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi, Sylvia !!

Yes, I did not put all the photos:))
How do you write?....."just to whet your apetite"......lol !!! I need to remember this the English phrase :))

Today in the office, I showed photos of Michael for their colleagues.Our women were delighted :))It's funny, but to date none of them knew the singer Michael Bolton.It's a shame .. After all, Michael has Russian blood, and a great voice...You can say I'm doing ads for Michael in Siberia :)))))

If you are doing as good a job in Siberia of promoting Michael as you are doing on his website then.......Вы делаете огромную работу !! :)))))    Tell all your colleagues to come on here and see what is going on and tell them too I will act as interpreter for them !! :) Еще раз спасибо Ольге за все ваши тяжелая работа, и вы все внесли свой вклад в эту тему .... действительно замечательно .... спасибо! :)

Сильвия. Ваш крошечный шотландского друга.

Thank you :)It brings me joy.I admire talent...

Below are translations to Olga's recent links and of course we start off with the 1st link.........

"Artists from different countries gathered in St Petersburg on the international festival of youth music culture "White Nights of St. Petersburg." It opened today at the Ice Palace, which for three days will be the center of this holiday. Among the guests of honor - Michael Bolton, Anastacia and Paula Julie Abdul - she, by the way, is headed by an international jury. They say , "Culture News".HYPERLINK "http://www.tvkultura.ru/novosti.html"

On the creative competition, which will be held over two days, young artists should submit a performance of his own songs and popular hits. Of the 17 participants of the finals will reach only 5. Will be awarded the Grand Prix and the Audience Award. Parade will end with a gala concert with the participation of world-class artists from Europe, Asia, Africa, North and Latin America. Now among the contenders for the victory - the singers from Italy, USA, Sweden and the UK."

2nd link translation................

"White Nights of St. Petersburg" eclipsed "Eurovision"

Michael Sadchikov

Published: July 9, 2012, 12:15

Festival "White Nights" , group "Russian" , Gianni Fiorelino , the fund "Federation"

Grand Prix of the International Music Festival "White Nights of St. Petersburg" was a young Italian singer Gianni Fiorelino.

This title is winner of the festival in San Remo, won in a bitter struggle with fifteen contestants from the United States, Peru, India, Turkey, England, Sweden, Albania and other countries. Representatives of Russia , updated the group "Russian", received the audience award. Considering that the festival has brought together and a bunch of star luxury, as Paula Abdul, Eros Ramazzotti, Michael Bolton, Anastacia, David Hasselhof, Natalie Imbruglia, singer Mika, the band Simple Minds, Spandau Ballet frontman Tony Hadley, then we can safely say that the St. Petersburg "White Nights" eclipsed "Eurovision" ...

It is important that the festival is not only closed the fight for awards and prize money. Stars of children visited the clinic, and then participated in a large-scale charity auction fund "Federation" , which took place in St Michael's Castle . According to the auction and the festival scene from Andrei Malakhov Ice Palace, from the auction and donations from sponsors managed to raise a considerable sum - 15 million rubles, which is targeted to be transferred to Children's Hospital № 17 St. Nicholas, Clinical Hospital № 5 named Filatov and other children's hospitals Northern capital . And the next charity auction with the participation of world stars to fund the "Federation" is planning a December 1 in Moscow."

3rd link translation..................

"Moskovsky Komsomolets number 25,983 on July 9, 2012, Views: 1075

Pop Festival "White Nights" swung at Worldvision

Late yesterday, and quite bright at night over the St. Petersburg big gala concert revived after decades of neglect the international pop festival "White Nights of St. Petersburg." Crowds of enthusiastic fans, waving flags, as in "Eurovision", in the vast sportkomlpekse "Ice" completely absent, but President Vladimir festival this fact did not discourage. BB - the famous producer and director of "epopeynoy" pop-rock band "Earthlings" by the name of Kiselev - reviving its offspring festival, which in the early 90's opened up the world, by the way, Ricky Martin, now intends to outdo itself "Eurovision" and transform the "White Nights of St. Petersburg" in the Worldvision, that is ... "world view". The main thing to keep in "Doomsday" ...

For this purpose, Mr. Kiselev intends to move quickly, but systematically, so the beginning of the "need to gain a reputation," as he said, "MK" problem of the current pop event. That is why, and no tickets to the public at this time do not even supposed to, although most competitive program pristutstviem adorned his speeches and genuine legends of world pop scene - Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton, singer Tony Hadley, Spandau Ballet, the star of TV series "Baywatch" and singer David Hesselhof, Natalie Imbrugliya, Mick, "the father of hip-hop dance» Turbo B, Emma Chaplin, and Anastasia, but not in a duet with Dima Bilan, and with Eros Ramazzotti italosolovem fruity.

Have you seen it all, however, thousands of fans and dozens of selected "guests" who carefully seated at tables in the pit before the stage. "Selected" experienced, I must say, unimaginable pleasure. It seems that the issue of return as opposed to reputation did not bother Mr. Kiselev was even pleased to see in our showbiz person who does not pursue a crooked face at every chance ruble. As far as reputation, then again there was a scandal because of the charity auction, which opened the festival. The local press had called the event "unprecedented avarice," St. Petersburg's bohemian because, unlike the Moscow bar, reluctantly forked only 75,000 dollars. Journalists did whatever, kalkuliruya how many bolts is essential for children's hospitals encephalography of the money will be enough. Now, Mr. Kiselev again intends to sue a string of media for the "lies and slander", because at the auction in addition to "live" sales stellar second-hand and declared "absentee" donations from major donors. Thus, the total had grown to half a million dollars, which is leading the festival Andrei Malakhov and Helen North pompously told the opening ceremony of the festival, and Mr. Kiselyov says that for every penny declared "a document". That's nice!

In any case, it was worth at least stir up in order to see how splendid Paula Abdul, realizing that anything dull Malakhov will not sell, virtuosity and artistry, plop on his knees fisted "clients" and kissing their sweaty bald head sucking up their money and vparit managed his personal ayped autographed on the cover of over 12 thousand dollars with a starting bid of two. The brilliant master class for all our pompous zvezdisch!

Paul is also first performed in Russia, with a little solo at the festival office and headed the jury of the international competition, which, in fact, is about to outdo the "Eurovision". Long-term judgment of Ms. Abdul in the competition American Idol, where the outbreak of the star Adam Lambert, only fueled the passion that erupted on the competitive scene. So far only 17 countries, but since the three continents (Drang nach whole world!) Sent to the competition of artists, whose level, to the amazement of observers, is often superior to what one can observe in the "Eurovision" and the various "markets" new and old "waves", etc., etc. In this sense, the application for "worldwide competition" in Russia has withstood the test, and the ambitions of the organizers did not seem to have an empty bravado.

Even one of the sensations of "Eurovision-2012" - Albanian song with Ron Nishlyu Suus, again tried to happiness on the stage of St. Petersburg and received recognition from the jury, having collected the best score on the first day of competition. As a result of both rounds it took 2nd place. The third was given to Amen, the blues-rock group from Peru, surprised not only by its very suschestovaniya, but the "real music and drive," which, in the words of the legendary Turbo B, who knows a lot about sausage and musical scraps, much is now a rarity. The first prize jury awarded the singer from the U.S. Tyler Conti, admire both the simplicity and vocal virtuoso balancing act. Artist I would call conventional "death Bilan". :)

The coveted Grand Prix left the Italian Gianni Fiorellino. Like any Italian, he was handsome and melodious, this plus, but the big disadvantage because of banal predictability. However, the jury gave no priority of identity and professionalism, to which was entitled. "Rejuvenated" rock band "Russian" was, in turn, Audience Award, which is understandable, given the location. Other details of the transformation of the festival "White Nights of St. Petersburg" in the "world view" read in "sound track" ..."

4th link goes into a set of pictures taken at the Ice Palace and it does contain three of Michael but these self same pictures are also in the set contained in Olga's further link.

Hope you all have enjoyed the "tome" and Sylvie it is Google translate that I use.

Thanks a million Olga for all the links for they are fabulous.....how you are finding them all I have no idea but I am pleased you are !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Phew, thanks for everything Sylvia, much appreciated! I do hope we get to see/hear MB's performance from the auction if it's available. Well take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service