Below links show Michael and Paula Abdul visiting a Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg today and reports contained in the links are those televised on a news channel.   Didn't know quite where to put so I hope everyone okay with fact I have started this thread and that I have laid it out way I have with links and then written transcripts which were given below each.    

http://www.tv100.ru/news/zvezdy-shou-biznesa-priehali-v-pervuyu-gorodskuyu-bolnicu-na-avangardnoy-ulice-58533/

"Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton and the "Earthlings". The stars of show business came today to seriously ill children in the first municipal hospital in the Avant-garde street.

In the framework of charity musicians demonstrated the latest equipment for eye care and burn units. Complicated and expensive equipment purchased with the money the charity fund "Federation". Such devices help physicians, first, to recognize the disease, for example, the eye early on and ease the pain of young patients.

For example, a bed, equipped with a computer, runs on a dry liquid. This allows the body to repeat the form of a child, avoid friction, and pressure sores, which is especially important in the burn ward.

Michael Bolton, musician:

"I'm also a father, I too have children. It is impossible to say" no "when it comes to aid charities, children's hospitals. Difference is based on advanced technologies and products, and you know it you can see all of you just can disseminate information that the hospital needs to be supported. "

This is not the first action of the charity fund "Federation". From 30 March to 1 April in Moscow hosted a charity auction in aid of the four children's hospitals. This list includes two hospitals, and St. Petersburg.

Also, action timed to coincide with another important event - the Mikhailovsky Castle today will be a charity auction, "Stars in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases." Typically, the money collected at these auctions, go to help seriously ill children and equipping hospitals with modern equipment."  

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310377/

"In the framework of charity Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton visited the children's hospital number 1 in St. Petersburg. They saw with their own eyes an expensive equipment purchased for the treatment of severely ill children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 in St. Petersburg, waiting for distinguished guests. World stars were supposed to visit the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation". According to NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina, children visited Paula Abdul and Michael Bolton.
Note that here expecting more of the stars, but for various reasons they have not arrived at the hospital: one could not fly, but someone changed plans. Nevertheless, the significance of the event it does not diminish.
The visit was the inspection of equipment that was purchased with the money to charities. The funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago in Moscow on the Sparrow Hills. Then in the list of financial aid was listed, and the St. Petersburg Children's Municipal Hospital number 1.
After a year of medical equipment purchased and installed. Now the institution has a unique bed burn intensive care unit patients. There are already being treated the 11-year-old boy who was taken by helicopter from Novgorod. The child has 40 percent body surface burn.
Unfortunately, the demand for hospitals in this technique is extremely high, because there is not only saving the lives of small St. Petersburg, but also children from the neighboring regions.
The guests also visited the now Department of Ophthalmology, which also operates the equipment for a comprehensive examination of patients. And after a brief meeting with journalists visit ended with stars. People communicate with their children did not. It was not planned. However, the absence of such communication is unlikely to affect the continued support of the Children's Hospital.
In the evening will be held in the Mikhailovsky Castle charity auction. As said in a statement fund "Federation", in support of Russia against severe childhood diseases."

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/310419/

"The distinguished guests who attended one of the largest children's hospitals in St. Petersburg, saw a unique bed in the burn intensive care and modern devices for testing of children.

Today, the children's city hospital № 1 on the Avant-garde street of St. Petersburg's famous guests were waiting. World stars visited the clinic in the charity event organized by Foundation "Federation".

Were you able to talk to young patients with singers and celebrities who came out, he knows NTV correspondent Katerina Pravdina .

Guests arriving in the 1st children's city hospital in time, first for a long time stood in front of the clinic. Journalists and patients considered to Paul Abdul and Michael Bolton. It turned out that they are waiting for the other stars. When it became clear that others did not arrive, the company has acceded to the doctors, musicians who met in the lobby.

After a brief introduction delegation moved around, which was the first item on the intensive care burn department, which recently brought and set up a special bed. Bought it for charitable funds collected after the ball, which took place a year ago on the Sparrow Hills.

Then in the list of recipients and hit the St. Petersburg Children's Hospital. Now the treatment is on the new hardware is 12-year-old Sasha, who has 40% burns. The boy was brought here by helicopter from Novgorod.

Marina Brazol
, head of the burns unit of the 1st children's city hospital in St. Petersburg: "The bed operates on the principle of dry liquid. It creates a little pressure on the burn surface, the donor wounds, where we take skin. The bed is warm. We can adjust the temperature to warm the patient. This is important: in shock patients ill keep the temperature. "

Previously, when changing a patient in intensive care physicians had a special sterilized sand by hand. It took about 12 hours. And given the high demand for such equipment, is a branch of one thousand children a year, every minute counts.

Simplify the lives of patients and physicians and diagnostic ophthalmic center. This study is the second and last point of the program

star delegation .

The children are the stars of show business did not communicate. But this was not planned. Of course, if one of the patients left the chambers, the dialogue would be held. But the kids wanted to or not, or were on the procedures, or just tired.

But on further financial support of this fact should not be affected. Especially when the guests - an American of Russian origin, Michael Bolotin, who became Michael Bolton, but do not forget their roots.

Michael Bolton
, musician: "I too have children. It is impossible to say "no" when it comes to child care organizations, children charities, children's hospitals. We came here to see the difference - when you can use the new technology. Children sleep on new bedding. We would like to see it with my own eyes. But the most important thing that you distribute this information. And the hospital, and children receive more support. And probably all of us heart aches when it comes to children. "

In the 1st children's city hospital a lot of friends to help financially. With some, this friendship has lasted for about ten years. The only question that someone needed publicity for charitable events, while others, on the contrary, I want to remain a secret benefactor. But in any case, the value of this assistance is always equivalent."

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 4469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sylvia, love the backgrounds and the lighting in these!!!!

Robin in MD :)

Mind boggling BEAUTIFUL photos!!! Thanks Sylvia AND Nic!!!!  Wonders never cease!!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Glad you got here Gillian and glad too that you enjoyed your visit and hope you will have a look round the rest of the forum if you haven't already done so and feel free to join in with us, anywhere at anytime - okay ???  :))))))    See you on FB !! lol.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Below is a link to a beautiful photo that Paula has sent to Michael of them both in St. Petersburg, Russia outside the Children's Hospital and the tweet below that is what Paula sent to MB along with the photo !! :)   I have also put in a photo that Michael has sent showing himself and Paula in the Kid's Hospital holding ALL those balloons......know we already have similar one but this one, I would say, is better and definitely shows more balloons and we also get more smiles from MB and Paula than in other and Sylvie and Robin CA in the last photo we saw about 4 to 5 balloons that they were holding whereas, in actual fact, I think I could be right in saying that with all the ones at the back of them there could be about 14 to 15 balloons in the picture.....it is a beautiful picture and as you can well imagine a colourful one too for just about each balloon is a different colour and Paula has on a beautiful polka dot blouse which is a lovely gorgeous shade of red with her dark blue denims and Michael is in his navy blue pin stripe suit with navy blue shirt and, AND, "regulation" sun glasses hanging from front of shirt !!! LOL. 

http://ow.ly/i/L974

The Real Paula Abdul@PaulaAbdul

.@mbsings It was truly powerful visiting the Children's Hospital & seeing the vital, phenomenal work they do! xoP

This is photo MB has sent .....................

Thanks for the pic description Sylvia, it does sound like an eyeful! Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Very cute photo!! Thanks Sylvia :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Have fun :)))

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for your message, i will have a look now , hope it work for me here :) take care,

Warm regards from thida, xx

Glad you got here Thida and thought you might just like to see ALL the pictures as well and hope all the links do work for you but haven't heard of anyone having any problems so looks as though they do !! :)   

Thida, as I said to you,  I realized because of your blog comment that you hadn't been notified about this thread being started as neither had some others and that is because you need to go into your profile page and go to settings and click that you want e-mail notification of new items entered in site ......this website has an "opt in"  policy where you must say you want to follow rather than an "opt out" policy which I believe it should be.....JMO and a little hint for you to look at your settings - okay and I hope that little car is behaving itself now....no more problems;  for you may just need it to get THAT MB concert and I am sure he WILL be winging his way to Thailand soon !! :)

Take care Thida !!! :)

Hello Sylvia,

I have a looked on that website but it not work for me i don't know why? i can't see the video of MB !!  I'm not so good with the computer and also my English not perfect! i still have to learn a lot more of this :) thank you for your advice ,i appriciated :)

You always make me smile:) yes, hopefully MB will be here soon ! still keep my dream alive:))

Take good care , Thida from Thailand xx

Hi Thida and not too sure what it is you can't access BUT I do hope you have enjoyed looking through the pages here and seeing all the beautiful pictures !! :)

On that dream...... it will come true one day, I just know it will especially when YOU will keep it alive...... we all have to have dreams no matter how big or small or life doesn't have much of a reason.....yes, got to keep on searching and going for your dreams   AND   I have told you already Thida.....YOUR English IS perfect !! lol.

Take care Thida and have a great day and it is lovely to hear from you !! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVELY WORDS SYLVIA , YOU MAKE ME SMILE :)))

Have a nice weekend and take good care ,

Thida from Thailand xxx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service