Hi fans....I just got a great idea which sprang from Michael's beautiful rendition of Sweet Home Chicago. Let's petition to get Michael on the Oprah Show for her final season. I am sure most of you remember him appearing on her show and singing her all time favorite...White Christmas. Well.....let's do it again! What a hoot it would be to FILL Oprah's studio with all of Michael's die hard fans from this forum and beyond! Of course we love Oprah also :) What a great time would be had by all. All you have to do is go to Oprah.com and scroll down to where it says...who do you want to see on the shows final year. I have already written to her and warned her that loads of Michael Bolton fans will be writing in requests. So let's go everyone...fill out a request and keep our fingers crossed!!

Kathy and LAFd Bob 

Views: 2339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not on your life Juliet and Eileen!!!! Don't disappoint me!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Don't worry kathy. We will not disappoint you NEVER! We're all in this together! Love Eileenoxox

I agree it would be great!

Hi Kristine......I assume you did write in a request to Oprah?!! Thank you!!!! One by one I certainly hope our impact is huge!!! Still crossing everything!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

I have sent in a couple of very polite, but succinct letters to Oprah, but have wondered that if we make too much of a nuisance of ourselves, spinning yarns of oaths and promises, they might not take us seriously and totally disregard our requests as ludicrous.

Oprah is not a stupid woman and we all know how much she loves Michael and Orrin and so, truthful stories should be all that is required.

I would dearly love to see both Michael and Orrin on Oprah as much as everyone else, but do worry that either Oprah or her production team might be put off or even concerned by audience reaction if the stories are too fetched.

This is just my personal oppinion and no offence is meant to anyone.

Love Jennifer XX

Hi Jennifer, just one question: did anyone give you the impression that they were sending in outrageous stories to Oprah? Just curious. Thanks for voicing your concerns, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie and Jennifer....wow...I agree Sylvie....was something said that wasn't true? I did not get that impression at all. All of my letters have been about my Michael Bolton experiences describing my dedication as a true fan. My oh my Jennifer let me know if you have heard otherwise!!! I don't think writing lots of letters is a negative at all as long as there is a positive message and heartfelt words are expressed. Please let me know if anyone has heard anything negative out there!! Thanks...

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi Everyone,

We seem to have gone awfully quiet on this little thread - so I just couldn't have that - hey come on, I do hope everyone is still submitting requests to Oprah to have Michael and possibly Orrin on her final season of shows with also the possiblity of having either, on the stage, or certainly, in the audience their mother, Helen Bolotin.  I have submitted another request today telling Oprah about Michael's achievement in the Pro-Am Golf Tournament at Pebble Beach and also, of his involvement in up-coming golf competitions, throughout the year, in order to raise money for charity - just another good reason why she should consider his involvement in her final shows - because he, most definitely, merits it !!!!  :))))

Thought too I would make sure this came back out again into our current threads as I know there are a few people who have joined the Forum recently and, therefore, may not be aware of this thread and of our campaign, started by Kathy Rosario, to have Michael appear on the Oprah Show.  -  please give all the support you feel you can to this very worthwhile cause - Michael Bolton on the Oprah Show !!!!!!  :D

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Why thank you Wee One!!! You are a great PR person for this wonderful cause :) I think you have to mention it though on the main forum because only the people who have participated here prior will get notices of new messages. I think that is how it works....can you hear me out there Sylvie Solver??? Am I correct?? All the same...thanks Sylvia. I wrote a few days back with my latest concert story :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy, I agree that Sylvia is a great promoter of this thread, God bless her and she’s doing the right thing. You see, the most active threads get pushed forward on the first page of “general chat” and will stay as long as we add. People who have posted before and people who follow by lurking will get messages, but as I’ve said, if someone wants to browse through “general chat”, they see this one as one of the first items of interest. I wish I had more stories or arguments to send in  to Oprah but can’t think of anything. But the important thing is to keep the dream alive, Team-Dare, are you with me? :D Oprah has always had a great time when Michael’s been on her show, but we need to put the message out there, for people to request Michael would be on Oprah’s last season. With all the good things in his career coming our way, it would be great publicity: get the word out people! :D Take care girls, I’m off to bed. Love and hugs to the Miketeers, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thank you once AGAIN Sylvie!! I understand and you are correct :) I will take any old way to keep the dream alive and that is for sure!! Team-Dare will be the code word to bring up on whatever thread we are chatting on!! I will try and name drop often :) Thank you Sylvia and Sylvie!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, good idea, just like Juliet does it for the UK fan reception: that lady is very good at promotion so let's follow her example! :D Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service