"SONGS OF CINEMA" ... all discussions and REVIEWS welcome !!!

Following is part of old description for thread when concept for album was first mentioned, by Michael, in 2015 and this thread was started. Decided to leave as little bit of history and insight for those interested and might not have seen all our "discussions" leading up to this wonderful day.  Pages 1 - 27 contain old material so please head to page 28 for all the new stuff and also check out new description, contained below starting at "Please go to ......."

"Here is Michael's announcement about his new album concept and I warn you it is more than UNIQUE.   Michael has recorded a video which I hope everyone can see and hear okay on this link and then after looking and listening to it I believe there will be plenty of discussion so I am not going to elaborate too much right now.......  

https://www.facebook.com/MBsings/videos/vb.159289123153/10154068571...

Here is what Michael has posted below video and it gives you link into second page which contains information about all the "packages" you can purchase to become a part of this new concept and partake in the making of the album.

"Hi everyone!!! You’ve been asking and the time has finally come to announce plans for my brand new studio album via smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM. I’m inviting you in on the journey from concept to completion. Hopefully it will challenge and inspire you as much as it does me, and I can’t wait to see what we all come up with! Here's how it works! When you pre-order the album, you automatically get access to all kinds of behind the scenes pics, videos and other updates from me during the recording sessions. I've also created some new merch and will offer a few select personal experiences – everything from personalized lyric sheets and live birthday greetings, to in-studio visits and concert VIP packages. Go check it out!! smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM"

----------ooooo000ooooo----------

Please go to page 28 for start of UPDATED version of thread and where you can leave review and join in discussion

As it is now 10th FEBRUARY and Michael's new CD "SONGS OF CINEMA" has been released am updating this page/thread so that everyone can come together and join in discussion and leave review of CD.   

Please remember rules of website .... anything distasteful or vulgar will be removed.

Now let's have some FUN and share our thoughts on this, to me, OUTSTANDING, BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC, work of art which is heading straight to #1 !!!

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 9436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael has announced that, for those in the UK, an opportunity will be on offer to meet him backstage if you pre-order his new CD through Pledge Music before 1st December.  Here is message he has posted on his FB page...... 

"Hey everyone! When I'm back on tour in the UK in April I’ll be playing cinema songs from the new album. So I want to give pledgers the opportunity to MEET ME BACKSTAGE at some of the shows. All you have to do is pre-order my record from smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM before December 1st and we'll be picking people at random to win this exclusive experience! Looking forward to meeting you!!!"

This has been updated just now to show this applies to those who have already purchased and for the US tour as well:

Hi everyone! Thank you to everybody who's already ordered my new album and for sharing your thoughts and comments. Whether you've ordered already, or are going to this week... this is YOUR CHANCE TO COME AND MEET ME.

I'm excited for my UK tour next Spring where I'll be playing some of the cinema songs from the new album. Tickets are on sale now from HERE and are going quick!!! 

Order your copy of the new album now from my official store HERE. As a thank you for ordering before December 1st  we'll be selecting some of you at random to join me backstage at the UK shows!!!

My tour of North America starts next Friday as well. If you order before Thursday 19th November in these cities you'll also have the chance to win the chance to come and meet me backstage as a guest of the show.

So it couldn't be simpler. Order your copy of the CD now, and maybe I'll see you soon. 

There's some new and exciting ways to support the new album project - for instance, you could have your name appear in the album sleeve, or receive signed vinyls, special new photos and posters, handwritten set lists from tour, and handwritten lyric sheets. I've never released an album in this way before, and it's a lot of fun! You can also claim disposable cameras that I'll fill with images just for you, or have me call and wish someone a happy birthday on the phone. There's lots of other ways to get behind my new album, but if you have a new idea that's not listed here then let me know! 

MB

ORDER HERE NOW  TO WIN

Thanks Gail. I got this email today too.  I'm glad MB is including the USA shows that are coming up as well.

He's the best.

Robin in MD :)

It is super news him doing that....terrific and good luck to everyone !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

Hi Joo, isn’t there a seating chart on the RAH web site? If you can’t figure out where your seat is, maybe you could E-mail the venue. If you’ve already pre-ordered the CD, it does count to win an M&G with Michael. If you already have your backstage pass and you do win, you’d need to ask PledgeMusic about it, but I think you should wait for the names of contest winners before you worry... :D I hope that answers your questions sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Joo and here is a link which I hope takes you straight into seating plan but if not have a look at page and you will see "Seating Plan" click on it and will take you into page. http://www.gigsandtours.com/event/michael-bolton/royal-albert-hall/...  It is not the best picture for a seating plan and what you are better doing is going into the actual RAH site and doing their virtual tour of the theatre and that gives you a better idea of what it is like  What you have got to be careful with with the RAH is your seat depends on what side you are on for there is side A, left hand looking onto stage and side F, right hand looking onto stage.  Rows do not run straight across they are divided into sections therefore you will have side A seat 1 as well as side F seat 1 and they are both in the front row. There are four sections within the centre arena and although seats come together the division is right down centre without there being an aisle.  Also with the RAH there are two aisles so at sides you have a few seats but the number in those rows does not stay the same because remember the RAH is a circular building and where they place the stall seats is a round circle.  The stall seats are not part of the RAH's original structure for the centre is an arena and they are only placed there for certain shows.

As far as backstage pass goes, a backstage pass is technically different from VIP Packages because with those you are in a section of the venue used for such things, a separate room etc. you are not backstage.  As I've said for 2014 in Glasgow the M&G's were held in a cafeteria within the venue.  People at shows do have "backstage passes" and Michael, at events I was at in 2014, did the backstage passes before the M&G's.  You have heard of Carol Vorderman well she was at one of the shows and she had her laminate VIP Backstage Pass on and she was taken away by theatre staff almost immediately the show had finished and also at another venue theatre staff called out over the intercom system for two people who had "backstage passes" as they couldn't find them and they were nothing to do with our group.  Obviously, I might be completely and utterly wrong and what is being offered is, if you like, an M&G which we can all buy but I would say a "backstage pass" is different and would mean a far more private and possibly, longer meeting with Michael.  I feel it has to be different because as you point out Joo people who have already bought MM VIP Packages could be drawn so what would you be winning and you can't get a refund on your ticket so that would be totally unfair.   If I am totally wrong, in there being a difference, I do hope Pledge Music has thought of that scenario.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend

For information Michael recorded an interview with Mark Carter for BBC Radio Sussex and Surrey, when in the UK in October, which aired today and in it Michael said that the song "Fathers & Daughters" will be on his new CD.  He also said there will be a new version of WAMLAW plus "Stand By Me", "As Time Goes By" and "I Will Always Love You"

Thanks for sharing for those who didn't hear the interview Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Michael has posted below information to his FB page about content of his new CD and he is saying that "Heard It Through The Grapevine" will be included and along with info he has posted the Marvin Gaye video

"James Duckworth and a few of you have suggested I record "Heard It Through The Grapevine" for my new CD of movie songs. I’m happy to say it will be on the record!"

https://youtu.be/Y7dGdrP3pms

Michael has sent below tweet which gives link into a video on his official FB page and as he is filmed in a recording studio I assume he is working on his new CD and I do believe it appears he is reading names from his laptop and that, as he says, he is sending the Thanksgiving message to certain people that he said he would who had pre-ordered his new CD.  Reason for my assumptions is that my speakers are not working therefore I cannot hear Michael on video but I do hope I have largely got it right and if not please let me know.  Here is Michael's tweet:

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone. A very special message here for some of you in particular -

MB read off names and they were recent pledgers he said and no names that I recognized. He wished everyone Happy Thanksgiving and also said he was going to warm up his voice and something about Moon River, so maybe that's back on the CD.  I have to watch it again myself.

Robin in MD:)

Hi ladies, Sylvia, we’ve known about “Heard it through the grapevine” for a while since Michael has mentioned it in 2 interviews already. Break a leg getting your speakers/ear-phone jack fixed Sylvia.  Robin summed up the video perfectly, except for the fact that Michael said he wasn’t making those names up... XD  BTW, he’ll be recording “Moon river”. I’ve compiled 8 song titles Michael has mentioned so far. I’m just wondering why this last video  and the tweet about  HITTG weren’t put in an update on PledgeMusic... In any case, thanks a lot for the mention of the video Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service