"SONGS OF CINEMA" ... all discussions and REVIEWS welcome !!!

Following is part of old description for thread when concept for album was first mentioned, by Michael, in 2015 and this thread was started. Decided to leave as little bit of history and insight for those interested and might not have seen all our "discussions" leading up to this wonderful day.  Pages 1 - 27 contain old material so please head to page 28 for all the new stuff and also check out new description, contained below starting at "Please go to ......."

"Here is Michael's announcement about his new album concept and I warn you it is more than UNIQUE.   Michael has recorded a video which I hope everyone can see and hear okay on this link and then after looking and listening to it I believe there will be plenty of discussion so I am not going to elaborate too much right now.......  

https://www.facebook.com/MBsings/videos/vb.159289123153/10154068571...

Here is what Michael has posted below video and it gives you link into second page which contains information about all the "packages" you can purchase to become a part of this new concept and partake in the making of the album.

"Hi everyone!!! You’ve been asking and the time has finally come to announce plans for my brand new studio album via smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM. I’m inviting you in on the journey from concept to completion. Hopefully it will challenge and inspire you as much as it does me, and I can’t wait to see what we all come up with! Here's how it works! When you pre-order the album, you automatically get access to all kinds of behind the scenes pics, videos and other updates from me during the recording sessions. I've also created some new merch and will offer a few select personal experiences – everything from personalized lyric sheets and live birthday greetings, to in-studio visits and concert VIP packages. Go check it out!! smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM"

----------ooooo000ooooo----------

Please go to page 28 for start of UPDATED version of thread and where you can leave review and join in discussion

As it is now 10th FEBRUARY and Michael's new CD "SONGS OF CINEMA" has been released am updating this page/thread so that everyone can come together and join in discussion and leave review of CD.   

Please remember rules of website .... anything distasteful or vulgar will be removed.

Now let's have some FUN and share our thoughts on this, to me, OUTSTANDING, BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC, work of art which is heading straight to #1 !!!

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 9433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've ordered more than just signed CD's and that is how thinking if ordered anything extra or packages they will be sent out after CD's for that was how it was looking to me by those that I know have received e-mails.   If you have only ordered signed CD's Robin then maybe it is just a case of the way they are working through things and maybe by end of day we will all have received notification from them....have to wait and see !!! lol

Could be Sylvia.  Just seems to me all the CD's should have been sent out signed or unsigned in time for release day. Just my two cents.  

Will wait and see.  I ordered one off Amazon.com too so I have a copy on release day. Just was hoping to get my signed ones from Pledge on release day.. Oh well.  The unsigned one can be for the car! LOL I always have multiples of his CD's anyway.LOL  

Robin in MD :)

Agree Robin but for outside States they would have had to have been posted out about a week ago at least to get on day of release. Remember last time ordered stuff through Chideo and it took two to three weeks to get here because these companies don't even use the fastest mail service.  

Thinking seriously in placing order with Amazon because they have guarantee here, I think if placed before 3 pm, you will get tomorrow so going to head over there and order and that one can be used for car as you're doing.....Mr Bolton doesn't know half of what we do or go through for him !!! LOL

I know he doesn't have a clue what we do for him Sylvia! LOL  I guess I thought  PledgeMusic had offices in both USA and UK? I had to pay an international transfer fund fee for my VIP packet thru them So I thought they also had offices across the pond and you all would get your CD's from distribution center there? What do I know??? LOL Not much evidently.  Hope everyone gets the CD's quickly! We all have waited so long.

Yep, if you go to Amazon you can get it by tomorrow!  

Can't find anything to do with offices here but what have found is they seem to be connected to Music Business World in London and have a customer services department within that in UK.  As they are a worldwide organisation maybe they have customer services and distribution points throughout the world but there is nothing to indicate that on their site.  Have to remember there are girls in Australia, Germany, Thailand, Spain, France, Argentina, etc., that have pre-ordered so they need distribution centres in their countries too to get them by tomorrow, its not only the UK.  Maybe they do have ones everywhere, I don't know but all I do know is I can't find anything.

Haven't received any e-mail, up to now, in any case.  Have ordered one from Amazon so will get that tomorrow to listen to properly instead of through this "tinny" laptop !!! lol

Surprise, surprise went back in to check and ten minutes ago received e-mails but it is just the CD's they are distributing, other items on order still to be shipped.  So will see what happens as far as when people receive because a couple of mine are ones I gifted because people didn't have credit cards and they are for girls abroad.  At least they are on there way ..... hooooooray !!! :)

Have found out a little bit of interesting news for a girl in Switzerland has tweeted me to say that iTunes there has the whole album out.  I pre-ordered through iTunes and when saw her tweet checked and checked my e-mails and UK is still only showing 3 available.  Know at this late stage in the game, a bit like swings and roundabouts but at same time as she says not very fair on pledgers on Pledge Music and am inclined to agree !!!  I truly feel that Pledge Music should have downloaded at least today, if not yesterday, to pledgers.

Would have been neat to get it first from Pledge.

Hi there Ladies,

it has been a long time since I was able to post, I hope a few of you remember me. But listening to MB’s new album I just had to take time to throw my 2 cents in. If you didn’t have listened yet:  SPOILER ALERT !!!!

When I went to my local record shop this afternoon, there weren’t any copies in the selling room. But when I asked when the CD would be available in Germany, I was told that copies already had arrived and just needed to be put in the shelves. So I had to wait a couple of minutes to receive my brand new album. Knowing the album wouldn’t hit the 33 minutes mark and yet, require the full price of 16,99 Euro, I took a deep breath, looked at this handsome man on the cover and - went straight to the cash desk. Ka-Ching :-).

While I was waiting to come home in the evening I had time to reflect of what I was expecting. Another cover album containing just Jack Sparrow  (what, a ballad?) as “original” recording … hm.

Also, noticing “Somewhere over the rainbow” on the song list, I was instantly reminded of “Gems”. Would MB put this song again on a “new” album? Yes, he did, but I guess you all know it yet. So, let’s start from the beginning.

The Album:

1. WAMLAM, the 2017th version: Honestly, I expected an even “more comfortable” key, so this version is not too different from the earlier one. Even though guitars are arranged differently and the Wurlitzer organ honors Percy Sledge’s  original, the song still breathes the familiar WAMLAW studio version
  2. Stand by me: I like this up tempo version and its diversified parts, starting with the choir, verse, chorus, bridge, and cold end. Made me feel good :-)
  3. I got a woman: I needed to listen a few times to get rid of Ray’s and Elvis’ versions. But listening carefully to the unexpected instrumentation – I just love J.P. DeLaire’s sax solo, made me even laugh -, I really got into it. MB’s phrasing and voice – so powerful and yet so easy. So much fun to listen to.
  4. I will always love you: The song I was most skeptical about. Knowing Dolly Parton wrote this song and being very familiar with both, Dolly Parton’s and Whitney Houston’s live versions  (listen to Whitney at the 1994 World Music Award on youtube!), I couldn’t think of a catching MB rendition. Disbelieving me, shame on me… I was caught by the first guitar chord and MB’s first tone. This duet with Dolly Parton made me cry. …:-) Hopefully we will be able to enjoy a live duet!!!
  5. Old time Rock ‘n’ Roll: Still being flashed by track 4 and looking for a hanky this song literally tore me off my sofa. Perfect song! Just dance and enjoy. Great rock ‘n’ roll- feeling; MB and musicians at their best.  10/10
  6. I heard it through the grapevine: Great Intro – musicians as well as MB’s first “aaah” :-). Goosebumps. Kept me on my feet and dancing. I love those high notes just for fun.  Could be a MB – original :-)
  7. Cupid: How I love the Sam Cook original… and so do I love MB's rendition now. Great 60th feeling and yet fresh. By far less “cheesy” as expected, just great.
  8. Somewhere over the rainbow: Yes, the “Gems” version in full MB length… still good enough for candlelight and a glass of red wine to relax
  9. As time goes by: A relaxed MB, reminds me of the great “Vintage” album. Great again, J.P. DeLaire. Sadly, the booklet doesn’t mention the great piano player (Dapo Torimiro?)
  10. Jack Sparrow (Ballad):  My biggest question mark before listening… This song has been my favorite anti depression tool and just thinking of the funny clip lifted me up.  Whenever I heard Jack Sparrow I started laughing even before the music started, so far… The (rather short) ballad reaches for the opposite pole, and MB offers a serious interpretation of the “Tale of Capt. Jack”. I bought it.  

The Booklet:

12 pages. 3 great colored and 2 b/w photos are included. MB always dressed in a suit, front and back cover even with tie and vest. Very handsome :-).

Credits for all songs naming writers and/or composers, producers, engineers, recording places (no dates!), musicians etc. Special Thanks at the end to all “usual suspects”; no private/personal dedication

Conclusion:

Despite the “lack of length”, reinforced by a song repetition, still worth every cent, I love this album :-) 

Looking forward to your reviews,

Astrid

So nice you were able to get it already Astrid. I hope to get mine tomorrow.  There was supposed to be a FANS section in the booklet that some of us pre-ordered for our names to be in it through Pledge Music. I pre-ordered that so I hope there is as Thank You to fans with the names listed in the booklet.  I am excited to hear all the new songs tomorrow and get the physical CD too.

Thanks for posting!

Robin in MD USA :)

Hi Robin,

I noticed at least 1 German name, so I guess it will work out :-).

Thanks so that section is in there! :) Cannot wait to see it all. Thank you for sharing with us!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service