"SONGS OF CINEMA" ... all discussions and REVIEWS welcome !!!

Following is part of old description for thread when concept for album was first mentioned, by Michael, in 2015 and this thread was started. Decided to leave as little bit of history and insight for those interested and might not have seen all our "discussions" leading up to this wonderful day.  Pages 1 - 27 contain old material so please head to page 28 for all the new stuff and also check out new description, contained below starting at "Please go to ......."

"Here is Michael's announcement about his new album concept and I warn you it is more than UNIQUE.   Michael has recorded a video which I hope everyone can see and hear okay on this link and then after looking and listening to it I believe there will be plenty of discussion so I am not going to elaborate too much right now.......  

https://www.facebook.com/MBsings/videos/vb.159289123153/10154068571...

Here is what Michael has posted below video and it gives you link into second page which contains information about all the "packages" you can purchase to become a part of this new concept and partake in the making of the album.

"Hi everyone!!! You’ve been asking and the time has finally come to announce plans for my brand new studio album via smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM. I’m inviting you in on the journey from concept to completion. Hopefully it will challenge and inspire you as much as it does me, and I can’t wait to see what we all come up with! Here's how it works! When you pre-order the album, you automatically get access to all kinds of behind the scenes pics, videos and other updates from me during the recording sessions. I've also created some new merch and will offer a few select personal experiences – everything from personalized lyric sheets and live birthday greetings, to in-studio visits and concert VIP packages. Go check it out!! smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM"

----------ooooo000ooooo----------

Please go to page 28 for start of UPDATED version of thread and where you can leave review and join in discussion

As it is now 10th FEBRUARY and Michael's new CD "SONGS OF CINEMA" has been released am updating this page/thread so that everyone can come together and join in discussion and leave review of CD.   

Please remember rules of website .... anything distasteful or vulgar will be removed.

Now let's have some FUN and share our thoughts on this, to me, OUTSTANDING, BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC, work of art which is heading straight to #1 !!!

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 9436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not too sure Sylvie if on that site he could do it by video for think he would have to use periscope and there are too many people not on that apart from people can ask questions but they just appear to shoot through on the screen and I really don't know how easy it would be for him to answer and let everyone see at same time.....if you get what I mean ?? I obviously I don't know how it works on periscope but that is what I'm assuming just going by and looking and studying what I've seen.  I really do think it will be along same lines as Facebook and probably page will be along exact same lines and layout as the "discussion" section is on there right now and it might even be done on that although that would take away from peoples' suggestions.  I am hoping it will be a separate section within the "discussion" because then hopefully can pick up link and bring over to here.

Michael has just followed up first tweet with another and it is on the Q&A session:

I'll be hosting a Q&A on at 2pm PST Thursday, so sign up at and I'll see you there!!

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

Do you see where you sign up on that link?  Looked around but didn't see anything.

Hi Gail, I took him to mean sign up for the site. I'm already signed up and can log in to it, I don't see anything separate you have to sign in for to do the chat.  I think he's trying to get more people to join PledgeMusic but I could be wrong.

Robin in MD:)

Ok, that makes sense.  He wasn't real clear sounded sort of like sign up for the Q&A on the site but maybe meant to sign up for the site itself. Tomorrow when it is time for the Q&A may have a  link to participate.

I read it exactly as Robin has Gail and he is saying sign up for the site and then you will be able to access the Q&A ON Thursday.  If you think back to when he did the other on Facebook he put out a couple of posts about that almost just before it was due to begin with the actual post where you could start asking questions just about a half hour before the start.  Remember when he came on he started answering questions that had just been asked and then I believe somebody told him that there were a "million" before that....lol  He was late coming on but it was obvious he hadn't expected the number of questions to have already been put and then he went back to beginning and started answering.  That was funny and he sure had fun that time and hope it works out as good on this and believe it will.

Twitter up-date :

If somebody special in your life is celebrating a birthday and you'd like me to personally call them... head to !!

Just to add girls because of something just doing on FB I have had a thought (wow, that is dangerous for me especially this time in morning !!! LOL) Michael is asking everyone to join Pledge Music and wondering IF that is how you will be contacted and notified about information on Q&A through their e-mails if you are pledged in.  Maybe the Q&A session might be for only those who are pledged into site not the general public ??????  Now there is a question to ask !!!

Michael has just announced that Q&A session on Pledge Music will now be at 3 pm PST & 6 pm ET

Michael has placed this message on his Facebook page :

"Once you've pre-ordered the new album you'll have access to secret exclusive content and experiences over on my PledgeMusic page atsmarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM. Today I'm inviting you all over there for a Q&A where you can ask me anything about my work, new album, or whatever you like really. I'd love to hear from you, so please sign up now and I'll see you at 3pm PST / 6pm ET. Have your questions ready!! I want to do more and more things like this with you all, and have you along for the journey creating this new record. I couldn't ask for better fans to do this with!! ‪#‎ThrowbackThursday‬"

As Michael has added his video of HAISTLWY to his post, here it is for you to listen to.....

Do we know yet how this works, I am logged into pledge music on the discussion bit, is this right do you think, how will we know MB is there, so confused got to coffee on to keep me going x

Hope you enjoyed it Lynne !!! :)

One piece of news that Michael relayed is that he hopes new CD will be released early 2016.  He also answered a question about titles for the CD and he said to submit those as well.  The majority of other questions, on the CD, were general, about types of music for inclusion, who to duet with and he did say there would be duets and also actual songs.  Here is picture Michael put out to let us know he was going to start and it shows him sitting at table and believe it is on the terrace of a hotel in LA, with laptop opened in front of him and giving a thumbs up.  It is a lovely photo and it is in black and white.

Will add in here for those who maybe do not follow the Motor City thread that Michael said after the premiere of his Detroit Documentary he hopes to release the live Hitsville show at The Venetian, Las Vegas.  He didn't say if in CD or DVD format but would imagine DVD format and especially too when he has been hinting at releasing a new DVD.

He also answered a question about the soundtrack for the Documentary and here is his response:

"the Detroit documentary soundtrack will have a few originals i wrote while i was inspired making the film, and it will have some songs that were part of my tribute to Hitsville, and it will have songs from all kinds of Detroit artists - classic and new"

Apart from him answering, on question about working again with The Lonely Island, where he replied: "for sure!" all other questions and answers were more of a general nature, not giving definite information out about something specific more about what inspires him, what aspects of music does he love, what artists he listens to and of course about his golf  and really do think I have covered the "important" parts!!!   Of course, have got to add, I was pretty lost with it until got into the swing so if I have missed something I apologize and if anyone knows of something I haven't touched on here please come in and tell us, please !!! :)   He did say he wants to communicate more with us and believe plenty more Q&A's sessions will be on the cards..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service