"SONGS OF CINEMA" ... all discussions and REVIEWS welcome !!!

Following is part of old description for thread when concept for album was first mentioned, by Michael, in 2015 and this thread was started. Decided to leave as little bit of history and insight for those interested and might not have seen all our "discussions" leading up to this wonderful day.  Pages 1 - 27 contain old material so please head to page 28 for all the new stuff and also check out new description, contained below starting at "Please go to ......."

"Here is Michael's announcement about his new album concept and I warn you it is more than UNIQUE.   Michael has recorded a video which I hope everyone can see and hear okay on this link and then after looking and listening to it I believe there will be plenty of discussion so I am not going to elaborate too much right now.......  

https://www.facebook.com/MBsings/videos/vb.159289123153/10154068571...

Here is what Michael has posted below video and it gives you link into second page which contains information about all the "packages" you can purchase to become a part of this new concept and partake in the making of the album.

"Hi everyone!!! You’ve been asking and the time has finally come to announce plans for my brand new studio album via smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM. I’m inviting you in on the journey from concept to completion. Hopefully it will challenge and inspire you as much as it does me, and I can’t wait to see what we all come up with! Here's how it works! When you pre-order the album, you automatically get access to all kinds of behind the scenes pics, videos and other updates from me during the recording sessions. I've also created some new merch and will offer a few select personal experiences – everything from personalized lyric sheets and live birthday greetings, to in-studio visits and concert VIP packages. Go check it out!! smarturl.it/MichaelBoltonPM"

----------ooooo000ooooo----------

Please go to page 28 for start of UPDATED version of thread and where you can leave review and join in discussion

As it is now 10th FEBRUARY and Michael's new CD "SONGS OF CINEMA" has been released am updating this page/thread so that everyone can come together and join in discussion and leave review of CD.   

Please remember rules of website .... anything distasteful or vulgar will be removed.

Now let's have some FUN and share our thoughts on this, to me, OUTSTANDING, BEAUTIFUL, FANTASTIC, work of art which is heading straight to #1 !!!

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Views: 9433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael has tweeted about premiere of his show and included below link:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2016/12/16/netflixs-2017-comedy-slate-wil...

Here is his tweet:

So excited to share this with u!! Netflix’s 2017 comedy slate will kick off with Valentine’s Day variety special

Thanks for all links and pic description Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Ok..here is what we have been waiting for:

http://ew.com/music/2016/12/20/michael-bolton-songs-cinema-album/

Track list:

1. “When a Man Loves a Woman,” from When a Man Loves a Woman
  2. “Stand by Me,” from Stand by Me
  3. “I’ve Got a Woman,” from Ray
  4. “I Will Always Love You (feat. Dolly Parton),” from The Bodyguard
  5. “Old Time Rock and Roll,” from Risky Business
  6. “I Heard it Through the Grapevine,” from The Big Chill
  7. “Cupid,” from Michael Bolton’s Big Sexy Valentine’s Day Special
  8. “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” from The Wizard of Oz
  9. “As Time Goes By,” from Casablanca
  10. “Jack Sparrow,” from The Lonely Island SNL digital video short

Hey Gail, wow, thanks a lot for sharing this! I didn't expect any surprises, but "Cupid" is a fun one, I love this song! It's nice that we have the track list before the holidays, just in case we have additional side purchases to do... :D Okay, so I've read the article and it says the release date is on February 10 and it calls "Jack Sparrow" a ballad?  Somehow, not sure that would work as a ballad! lol Well anyway, thanks a lot sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thanks Gail and just picked it up on Twitter with Michael's retweet......thanks a million !!! :)

Hi Gail, you know, I was just thinking: wasn't the theme from "Fathers and daughters" supposed to be on it, or maybe we just assumed? I guess that's another one to add to the Christmas wish list. :D Thanks again Gail, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D  

Would like to have seen "Fathers and Daughters" but suppose not quite from a "classic" film but he said "Moon River" and that it had been recorded and it was going on album ..... wee bitty disappointed it isn't there !!! :(

It was suggested I think and he talked about it in one of the Q&As but he had so many songs he was working and looking at he couldn't take them all!  :)

Appreciate Gail that choices have to be made at the end but "Moon River" wasn't just mentioned for Michael included it in his first six song titles he shared with us on Pledge Music.  As said am just a wee bitty disappointed but overall I LOVE the track list, absolutely LOVE it and who knows, maybe one day, I'll get Michael to sing "Moon River" to me.....gotta' keep dreamin', haven't I (???) yeah, and that is the most far fetched, OTT, out the ball park one I've had so far ..... definitely goes to show, old age doesn't come on its own !!!! LOL

Thanks Gail!!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for posting the track listing! Looking forward to hearing As Time Goes By!!

Anna (in MO)

Hi Anna I want to hear I Will Always Love You and Old Time Rock and Roll..Fun times!!!

Robin in MD :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service