MICHAEL is supporting CHIDEO so please sign up and support him.   Chideo is a new way of raising funds to benefit causes dear to the hearts of those involved and this is achieved by celebrities agreeing to seek suggestions from followers of what they would like to see them do and they will make a video of the suggestion that gains the most votes.   Monies will be raised by those wishing to view the video, paying a nominal amount to do so, and this money will go to the cause that is nominated by the celebrity.

Please follow link below to hear Michael talk about what you can do to support him with his CHIDEO involvement and help to raise funds for the Michael Bolton Charities

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/536

Here is a brief resume of what CHIDEO is about.....

"Over the past few months Film Independent has been working on a few exciting and important projects with the United Nations and UCLA’s Burkle Global Impact Initiative, which aims to activate the entertainment industry to engage more deeply and effectively with global policy, humanitarian and advocacy issues. We’ve hosted several of the Under-Secretary-Generals of the UN at our offices, and held a roundtable conversation at the Los Angeles Film Festival with members of the UN and UCLA to discuss humanitarian-themed storytelling.

Now, we’ve been asked to help review an innovative idea launched by another friend of the United Nations, Chideo, which partnered with the UN on its recent World Humanitarian Day.

Chideo is a digital platform created by Todd Wagner (2929 Productions, Magnolia Pictures) designed to raise money for causes that celebrities care about. Here’s how it works: fans make suggestions to celebrities about what exclusive content that they’d like to see. Other fans vote on those suggestions and if there’s enough interest, the star will respond by creating a video based on the suggestion. For example, if enough fans request it, Don Henley might post a backstage video of himself with his band just before they go on stage. Users then pay a small donation ($1.99) to watch the video; and the money is given to the cause the celebrity has chosen to support."

MICHAEL HAS RECORDED A MESSAGE OF THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED TO MBC VIA CHIDEO.  Below is link into video. June, 2015.

https://youtu.be/PQWOHY5VJf4

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 2509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love watching him laugh all over again about doing this project.  

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for letting us know Sylvia.  I wasn't able to make it work yesterday, guess I'll have to pay to watch. I'm quickly scanning the site today and might get back to it later. In any case, thanks! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvie and know for fact you do not have to pay to view the videos, definitely not but maybe what you have to do is join Chideo and start following Michael.  If you are already joined up then I will check further as to why you cannot see videos because the links I have given don't just take you to Chideo, or Michael's page, but take you to the specific videos.   I should be more than interested if it is the case that you have to join up because then when I put information out on Twitter and my page I can add that because I thought they were available to view by anyone as I do not have to log into my account to view.  Hope you have luck and can see for they are well, well worth it and just to let you know that in the videos it is a close up of Michael sitting at a table with his laptop to side of him and you can see some of the room he is in and by pictures on wall and a specific ornament at back of him, know it is in his house where it has been recorded.  Also too he is rather sexy looking for he has on black shirt on which he has top three buttons undone and is showing start of that beautiful hairy chest.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but definitely not reason I have watched videos about 100 times already, definitely not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I don't understand what the problem is for again I have gone in on link below and it takes me straight to the video of Michael where you can see a picture of him standing on Brighton Beach where the video was filmed when he isn't dressed up and in the centre of the picture is the arrow for you to click to watch the video and up it all comes.  It is the 1st Part that that link contains and Michael is sitting at table and hits computer and up pops JS video and Michael is pictured in right hand corner and then again he clicks on computer and video disappears and up he comes on the screen and starts to talk and that is the format that both videos take.   I did notice that the sound on the video is only at half way and you have to increase it but you can also switch it to full screen and I just hope problems stop and you can all get to see because as I say they are terrific and another one is being published today and will get that over here as soon as.  

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1817

Sylvia, thank you! I'm lucky and can play the video without any problems!

NOW THERE IS ALSO THE PART THREE!

Petra (Germany)

As you say Petra Part 3 is published and below is link......"take a good look at me !!!"

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1821

Part 4 coming up tomorrow folks !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Here is Part 4 which is the final part of Michael's "Behind-the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" and he does hint that he is working with The Lonely Island and we have to stay tuned which, of course, we will do !!!! lol

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1837

Thank you very, very much Sylvia!!!

Petra (Germany)

I suggested, to a friend on here, that I would do a transcript of Michael's "Behind-the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" videos which he has done for Chideo  as they were unable to understand the content and exactly what Michael was laughing at.  I have now done this and I have been told they are of benefit to those whose first language is not English so I do hope those that, although possibly not understanding spoken English but can follow written English, will find these transcripts of benefit as well as those who may be able to translate them to their own first language.   Along with each transcript I have put a link to the particular video the transcript relates to.  I do hope many find them of benefit and find that they can laugh along with Michael by being able to understand what he is laughing at; I do hope so !!! :)

Part 1 "Behind-the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" with Michael Bolton

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1817

Video plays and then Michael says.........

"Okay, this is funny because even at beginning of this film we shoot out of sequence so this is the beginning of the actual video but it is the last scene we filmed at the end of our second seventeen hour day; it was like 2.30 in the morning in New York. We knew that Saturday Night Live had seen it; the crew and the executives at Saturday Night Live loved what they were seeing so they were really excited about airing it. We filmed on Wednesday and Thursday and it aired on that Saturday and went crazy on Sunday but one of the things you learn (video plays) about the three guys, Akiva, Jorma and Andy, are like a three headed monster. One of them is looking through, looking at the monitor making sure they got everything in the frame they wanted; the other one is reading, making sure we got all the lyrics right and we got everything we needed from that last shot and Akiva is usually more about the directorial kind of things, like everything technical in the film that you want and then they meet at the monitor, confer, look at, rewind, play back; "Did we get it all ? Let us have Michael move a little more....."; but they are so great together that you just trust them and so whatever advice they gave me, which included some of the funniest things like the pirate hat; "back to the good part"; kissing a plastic bird and throwing it out; just silly stuff that always reads funny. When you know you are working with talented people who are great at what they do you just go with them and it finds its way, in the film, it finds its way to the funny bone basically and that is what worked for us. Back to the good part" (video plays) Michael then comes back and says................

"Crazy !! (laughs)

There is so much funny stuff in this and so many subtleties about it because we shot pulling up in front of the club probably about ten times. There was just difficulty pulling the car into the frame for things that look simple are not so simple and getting them on film; getting everything framed right; getting everyone walking together for they knew it was going to be in slow motion so they have the whole thing in their minds but it was really funny because we would do it and then someone would yell "cut" and we all just ran over to the monitor to see whether we looked good; everybody is looking to make sure they did the right thing and after one of the takes we all got there and were watching and saying: "Oh, this is really good !" and all of sudden we heard, from the side, Andy Samberg's voice and he said: "Did anyone notice that I could not get out of the car. I was in the car!" so, we were all by the monitor and no one realized his door was locked and he could not get out of the car; so, everybody is, like, swagger to the cameras and Andy was locked in a Bentley and it was pretty funny. I said: "Well, look, what is the worst thing that can happen to being locked in a $250,000 car ?"

It is just amazing and what is funny is that they have got the vision for it so they know how things are going to cut. They know how extreme and looking forward to the second that they cut to me and I am no longer about being in a club with all these hot women doing their rap thing I'm just on a beach singing about Captain Jack Sparrow because I am such a huge fan of Captain Jack Sparrow and it is completely out of context and it is like what ???? and that is what they meant for it; that is what they meant to happen and that is what happened."

Part 2 "Behind-the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" with Michael Bolton

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1819

Starts with Michael saying: "It is really fun to see it for I haven't seen it in a while: so, here we go !" (video plays) Michael starts to speak........

"Hysterical. So we are doing this and I'm getting ready. I know that in a moment we are going to go again back from the Club to this extreme cut where I'm not only singing on the beach about Jack Sparrow but I am dressed as Jack Sparrow and I'm in make-up. That is the great thing about Satuday Night Live, is that the show SNL, they have phenomenal make -up people; they have phenomenal people doing the props and they can turn you into whoever they want to turn you into and I had taken a look at everything and I knew what I was going to be wearing but the extreme cut from that to now, where I'm Jack Sparrow in the crow's nest is nuts but again every time I went to the monitor, I looked in the monitor and I have done a lot of filming and have done some outrageously expensive videos, through the years, for my records, and this was looking like one of the best filmed events I had ever seen and I said: "This looks like a movie, are you guys ...." "yeah, we are probably going over budget, yeah, but it looks great doesn't it ???" "yeah, it looks great !" and we are "back to the good part" and that was Akiva, it was not in the script and it was one of the takes in the clubs where he said just try this: it's crazy; it's going to sound crazy; it's going to look crazy but that's what is going to be funny about it; just give it a try. The Jack Sparrow hat, pirate hat, whatever the hell it is, put it on your head and we are going to cut to you, right at you, and just say "Now back to the good part" and I immediately knew that was going to be funny. I didn't know how they were going to edit it but it was going to be funny. As soon as we did it everyone, just like, went into hysterics and Akiva said: "wow, that is going to be everybody's favourite part of this entire video."

My daughter was at the table just scrolling through the comments and she looked up at me and said: "You have no idea what's going on right now. You are not going to believe it!" I said: "Is it good ??" she said: "They love this. They are going nuts and that, "back to the good part" is a lot of peoples favourite line in the entire video" (video plays) Michael says: "This is funny, just funny stuff. Pirate with a gun."" (video plays) Michael then comes back in and says:

"Okay, there is no way around this traumatic part of the film. I did sign on and said I would do it and I committed; I was all in and then when they started putting on the make-up for Erin Brokovich a crew member passed by, one of the guys working the cameras, was on his way back and he looked in the room where I was getting the make-up done and he took one look at me and there was a look of, like, I can't even describe it, but he was just shocked and I thought, alright I might not like to see this; I think I'm not going to look, I'm not going to look in the mirror because this is traumatic already, I'm like dressed up in clothes I don't even; sorry; I don't know how women wear these layers of things but they somehow do. I had a feeling that it was best for me not to see what I looked like as Erin Brokovich until it was already edited. I wanted to see if afterwards. As soon as I was ready I was sent to my place, got my place, got the doll, the baby in one hand , my legal briefs in the other hand, my breasts kept moving around, something I am not accustomed to either and basically I'm a very, very homely looking women and I'm thinking I'm not going to see this people; the crew is cracking up already, they are like covering their mouths because they can't ruin the scenes and Akiva says: "Okay, let's do one rehearsal!" and everything starts; music starts; track starts; camera starts coming at me; camera is coming at me; I've got the baby..... and then..... I see my face in the camera lens and I just go; "Oh dear God, oh my God, I am so, oh, I'm hideous, oh my God what am I doing?" but Erin Brokovich: after I was done I had to get those clothes off and the undergarments, the tights and I just had to......I kind of felt like I had to take a shower.

One of the things that I couldn't get rid off was the layers and layers of mascara and eye shadow and they were rubbing it and rubbing it and putting whatever chemicals, I was beyond make-up remover because it was just, was not getting out from under my eyes and we were already setting up for next shot which was back to the beginning again where I walk in and introduce myself and tell the guys "It's a big sexy hook and your going to love it" and I was aware that there was still some make-up on but Erin Brokovich was easily the most traumatic thing I have ever filmed......but, all part of the film."

Part 3 "Behind-the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" with Michael Bolton

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1821

At beginning you hear Michael say: "Shall we keep going....here goes....." (video plays ) Michael clicks video off and says......

"What timing !!! Insane, insane, the Scarface, Scarface. They knew that I loved Scarface and when speaking to them I would say things like "take a good look at me; take a look at me !!!" and we were trying to figure out how to get, like speaking in, as well as the singing part (video plays) I mean, they might as well have just gone on for on the Scarface set, again cranes and like eveything, the kitchen sink, to film it; to light it a certain way and get it to look like film; crazy.

It was so much fun when you look at the monitor to see what you had been shooting and you go; "God how are they doing this; like, what is the budget on this ??" but thy are just so great at what they do; so brilliant at getting it; at getting the quality. Akiva is extreme about details; Andy is all over the comedy of it....oh, they are all just genius in a way that when you bring the three of them together you get so much more: it is a one and one and one equals, kind of, ten and they never lose focus. Jorma is always trying to figure out something funnier and they are all like huddling and coming back..... but this stuff is crazy, the Scarface stuff is insane. The tonne of powder that was supposed to be a mountain of cocaine: once my cue showed up my head was going down into this mass of white that was going to be flying around the entire screen and Akiva said: "We can only do this once !!" so, we end in the middle of it.

It is so funny to look back and see it in pieces like this and what it equalled but fun stuff; crazy fun stuff.

So, "take a good look at me !!!"

Part 4 "Behind -the-Scenes Tale of Jack Sparrow" with Michael Bolton

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/1837

At very beginning you hear Michael say, in character: "You're too pollutive (polluted), that's the problem, you canna (cannot) have babies !!" Video plays and then Michael starts to speak............

"Crazy, crazy, funny stuff !! So, some of this, as I've mentioned, we had to get some of the language, actually it was written earlier in the film, it would have happened earlier, we asked them to just clean it up a little bit but when we go to this part this is literally, this is Scarface, it's the dialogue for the film so I said to Akiva I can do this, this is really funny stuff but I've got to be in character as Scarface as compared to me being on the beach being me so anybody seeing it and not getting what Scarface is all about, doesn't just flip out. I actually expected some e-mail. I expected responses and comments when people were watching it on YouTube at first and I expected maybe some, you know, negative comments about some of the language, like at the end of it, but they got it; they got the funny of it. It is liberating to basically have the freedom of going with dialogue that is funny and most people who know me, or have known me for a long time, know that I'm going to find something funny everyday about things that maybe aren't so funny; that's who I am so, in a way, it is liberating because you are getting to be yourself, uncensored, while being in character, uncensored. So, yeah, to that extent, you know, because I'm used to now, maybe close to thirty years, having the possibility of a camera outside if having lunch or dinner watching different aspects of my life. It's liberating !!!" (laughs and video plays) Michael comes on and says:

"Only thing about ending I would have changed is I would have taken that last shot of Erin Brokovich out because oh God, that is a nasty, that is a nasty, nasty looking women; that's me, as her !!!

I'm so glad I did it and I want to do more and of course this led to some other television shows; Two and a Half Men and a few other projects that we are working on now because people see you in a way that they have never envisioned you, or accepted, as even a possibility: it just kind of broadens peoples perception of you, it takes you out of the box and you actually get closer to the reality of your own sense of humour and the freedom to expand your career, and your core, your base: being a brand can have certain limitations and certain opportunities it brings to you and this is one of the opportunities.

I just had dinner with Akiva in LA. Met with the guys after we passed 100 million views to celebrate it and everyone was in Los Angeles at same time and I said: "So, how are we going to top this one ??" and, you know, we have some ideas: we'll see !!!!!" (video plays).

You are the greatest and best! Thank you! So much work for a few members. That deserves a huge praise and wide recognition!

Petra (Germany)

Danke Petra and I have put out on FB and Twitter so hope a few other people can take advantage of but I am glad was of use to you and that you now can laugh along with Michael !!! :)

Sylvia, I tried the videos again today and I'm still getting nowhere, so your transcript is a Godsend, thank you! That was a lot of work to transcribe everything Michael said and please know it's very much appreciated. :D Take care sweetie and thanks again. Big bear hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service