MICHAEL is supporting CHIDEO so please sign up and support him.   Chideo is a new way of raising funds to benefit causes dear to the hearts of those involved and this is achieved by celebrities agreeing to seek suggestions from followers of what they would like to see them do and they will make a video of the suggestion that gains the most votes.   Monies will be raised by those wishing to view the video, paying a nominal amount to do so, and this money will go to the cause that is nominated by the celebrity.

Please follow link below to hear Michael talk about what you can do to support him with his CHIDEO involvement and help to raise funds for the Michael Bolton Charities

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/536

Here is a brief resume of what CHIDEO is about.....

"Over the past few months Film Independent has been working on a few exciting and important projects with the United Nations and UCLA’s Burkle Global Impact Initiative, which aims to activate the entertainment industry to engage more deeply and effectively with global policy, humanitarian and advocacy issues. We’ve hosted several of the Under-Secretary-Generals of the UN at our offices, and held a roundtable conversation at the Los Angeles Film Festival with members of the UN and UCLA to discuss humanitarian-themed storytelling.

Now, we’ve been asked to help review an innovative idea launched by another friend of the United Nations, Chideo, which partnered with the UN on its recent World Humanitarian Day.

Chideo is a digital platform created by Todd Wagner (2929 Productions, Magnolia Pictures) designed to raise money for causes that celebrities care about. Here’s how it works: fans make suggestions to celebrities about what exclusive content that they’d like to see. Other fans vote on those suggestions and if there’s enough interest, the star will respond by creating a video based on the suggestion. For example, if enough fans request it, Don Henley might post a backstage video of himself with his band just before they go on stage. Users then pay a small donation ($1.99) to watch the video; and the money is given to the cause the celebrity has chosen to support."

MICHAEL HAS RECORDED A MESSAGE OF THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED TO MBC VIA CHIDEO.  Below is link into video. June, 2015.

https://youtu.be/PQWOHY5VJf4

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 2509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sylvia, I can only agree with Petr's words. You are unique. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much.

Best regards from Berlin

Katrin

So glad it has been of benefit to you and especially you Sylvie who aren't even able to hear them yet but I do hope you appreciate that within the recordings there are plenty of "hmmmmm" and more "hmmmmmm" with pauses for thought on trying to find that right word from Michael than I have indicated in the transcript and that is, of course, where in some parts it doesn't quite run together because there was the break for an "hmmmmm".....LOL.    Thought when I was doing it about the couple of girls who had been in recently who, one had hearing problems and the other was deaf but you know me and my memory and I can't remember their names because thought it might be of use to them that they then could follow what Michael is saying if they couldn't lip read.  Just to hope they check out the forum every so often and might pick up !!! :)

Vielen Dank für die vielen Dank, Petra und Katrin!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia, I completely understand how much work that was, as I said. All the info was there, so I copied it and I reworked your punctuation  and phrasing so it’s all good. My son is almost done school, so I’ll see what he can do about playing the videos. On the 2 ladies with hearing problems, I do hope they peek in. In any case, thanks again very much Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Dark Rooms have put out a tweet saying about working with Michael yesterday on a video for Chideo and here is tweet along with photo they posted.....wonder what the new video is going to be about ?????

"Dark Room @darkroompros 2h

Had an incredible time shooting w/ yesterday for . What an amazing guy! Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thank you Sylvia! Michael makes us really curious!

Petra (Germany)

Hi Sylvie and it has just dawned on me in coming back in that I never gave you description of photo, sorry !!! :(   Photo is taken in a room and in the foreground you see the back of a girl who is holding a video camera and on it you can see the screen so you have two shots of Michael in the photo.   Michael is not looking at video screen but does appear to be talking to someone out of shot.   He is sitting at a piano and on the piano is a plant with two beautiful long stemmed flowers of a pale lilac/pink and there is also a photo frame on piano but girl with video camera's arm is covering actual picture in frame which makes me think it could hold a clue as to what video is all about.  I am wondering if Michael is going to talk about someone who was inspirational to him in the music industry who played the piano....David Foster, Ray Charles ????   On wall behind Michael you can see a painting which is abstract of the Olympic Rings for they are not laid out in the given sequence for them.....just thinking another clue to "inspiration" !!! lol     Maybe Michael is thinking in taking part in 2016 Olympics for are they going to introduce golf as a recognized Olympic sport ???? LOL 

Och well, at least you all know, I have some imagination and probably he is sitting talking about what made him become a veggie....Sylvia is WAY off course, again....nothing new there !!!!! LOL.

Hi Sylvia, thanks a lot for the pic description. I did a quick search for Dark Room Pros and found info about a software company and obviously, a photo company so no clue on that side. What kind of suggestions are being made on Chideo? Just wondering. In any case, thanks again for everything, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Sylvie and here are the suggestions that have been entered on Chideo.   I have taken the main points from each suggestion rather than copying the whole thing for there are quite a lot and some lengthier than others.   Some are impractical as couldn't be made into short videos at all.

1.  Sing special version of Happy Birthday so I can tell friend MB singing for me.   

2.   Do Rodney Dangerfield jokes.

3.   Do cover of "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye.

4.   1st or 2nd version of Jack Sparrow or just part of and dare given to Michael to do.

5.   Ballet performance: Beauty in Beauty and the Beast and Bruno playing the Beast.

6.   Richard Marx does spot on impression of you.  Can you do one of him?

7.   Remake video clip for SYLYBIL

8.   What current artist do you most admire.

9.   Will you do another contest to win a date with you.

10.  Duet with Smokey Robinson.

11.  Do your best Jack Sparrow impression.

12.  Run on going competition for member of audience to be serenaded by you.

13.  Make worldwide commercial about MBC.

14.  Do a gospel album.

15.  Do Stevie Wonder song that you grew up learning from Orrin.

16.  Think about time you try whistling again.

17.  Record a cover of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky"...Boltonise IT !!

18.  Do another Lonely Island video.

19.  Do imitation of star currently in charts.

When you look at suggestions, a few that he could be doing, when sitting at piano.....will have to wait and see and just hope it isn't too long before we do !!! :)

Hi Sylvia, wow, thanks a lot for these! As I’m reading the questions, I agree that some people don’t understand the concept of Chideo,  like the contests for example... Oh I know that “dare” is yours... :D Phew, some of these make me salivate though! Lol Well I’m sure you’ll keep us posted. Thanks again Sylvia, much appreciated. Take care and have a great weekend. Hugs,sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9inr4ia-s

Do you know this video? For me it is new !! And funny!

Petra (Germany)

Hi Petra and thanks a million for finding that one.   That is the latest from Chideo which Michael is on to raise money for MBC and that is the one they were recording back in July when Dark Room published the picture that is above.  Here is the link for the Chideo page that it is on and I can ask people to please share it from this link and not directly from YouTube so that we can help encourage people to support and donate to MBC.....please and thanks !!! :)

http://www.chideo.com/chideo/2247 ;

Danke Petra for finding !!! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service