I've just managed to get hold of a copy of Michaels first 45 rpm single 'Bah, Bah Bah' that he recorded with his first band  Garage band 'Joy'.

I've been looking out for a copy for years now and finally managed to track a copy down.

The label on the single has a printed mis-spelling and lists the writing credits as 'Michael Bolotkin'.

Does anyone have any information on this single that they would be willing to share with me because I'd quite like to mount the single in a frame along with some information about it.

I know that 'Bah, Bah, Bah,' was the B' side with 'Joy' singing  the unknown Beatles composition  'It's for you' on the 'A' side, but thats all I know really.

I cant wait for it to arrive and when it does, I'll see if I can somehow, record it and post a clip of it on here.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Love Jennifer XXXXXXX

Still Michaels future wife though!!

Views: 2130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sylvie.....I am loving this "education" lark again !!!!! LOL     Sylvia.   YWSF

my father is stil at sallys  and if  you are  on facebook feel free to add us as  friends

yes that is my father  we are both on facebook

Hi Andrew, so did you get the answers you were looking for? Just checking. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thank you to all of you for I am finding all this info very interesting!!! I have 2 of the BBB 45's so I am enjoying the history behind the song. Jeremy I am so glad you continue to work on this project of Michael's music. How is your dissertation going? If I remember correctly you were working on your Phd? Hope all is going well :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, to answer your question about Jeremy, he’s still got another year to go before he can be called Dr Greenway and he’s still teaching English at UWO, plus sitting on various committees and boards, which takes most of his time. I let him know when Gail agreed to make his “history” thread a featured discussion and he told me he’d try and start filling the gaps in his original document, when he can take the time. In the meantime, you might want  to read the “history” thread again. I want to take the time and do this myself. I hope you don’t mind me replying on Jeremy’s behalf, I know how busy he is. BTW, any reason you have 2 BBB singles? Just curious. Take care Kathy. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

my total is three copies of bbb and three of each bolotin album- then just one each of most bolton ones I think cd versions of all orrins stuff  this  seems  to be  a wonderful spot  full of  very informative  people thanks

Hi Andrew, out of curiosity, why do you have 3 BBB’s? Are they all different? I’ve heard that some fans have the demo grey labled one and I have the white labelled one, I think. I think most serious fans have at least 1 copy of either LP or CD or both Bolotin albums, as do I. I’m noticing you haven’t mentioned Black Jack though, you must know about Black Jack too, don’t you? Which reminds me, you really should take a look at the “follow up info...” thread. It’s full of vintage articles, audio clips and a wealth of info from people like you who knew about Michael back then, along with Jeremy’s findings. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. BTW, Jeremy told me you did get in touch with OB on Facebook so that’s good. Of course I have all OB's CD's too: he's a great singer/songwriter. :D Take care Andrew. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

yes have both black jack and  platnium of timeless and platnium of soul provider-  they grew up around here  so my father  tony and  my uncle tom duffy  and other family members  who had  copies form michael or orrin have passed them along to me yes jeremey has commented  on couple of my facebook pictures  and orrin  has  commented back

I also  have bunch of  th e 8x10 promo pictures bunch of  old tickets  and  passes

Hi Andrew, you’re a lucky guy! :D It must have been a very interesting time, growing up around that, I’ll bet you have tons of stories! :D If you feel like sharing, I just know you’d have a very appreciative audience, for either stories or scans of your old material in this thread:

http://michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/follow-up-info-for-the-history

I don’t mean to be pushy and if I am, I apologize. In any case, the invitation is open. Take care Amndrew. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

No problem Sylvie answering for Jeremy. My son is also working on his dissertation so that really stuck in my mind when I read about Jeremy's education. i was just wondering how he was coming along :) He is a very interesting person....especially because of his interest in Michael's music!!! It is so crazy that I actually found my 2 BBB records digging through boxes of records in antique record shops!!! So now if I enter such a store I go digging just for the fun of it :) I know you can buy them online etc. but I actually have found mine through manual labor....a labor of love I might add!!! :) It is a fun item to have Michael sign ;) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy, I guess you couldn't passup buying it a second time, even if you had it already? I often rescue MB tapes from thrift shops. :D You have to wonder how many copies of BBB were actually pressed and how many are in BB's hands already... Thanks for sharing Kathy, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service