Miscellany but exceptionally relevant information about, or from Michael on, MB.

Thought I would start this thread for there does appear, at times, to be different relevant articles, tweets, retweets, pictures etc relating to Michael but not really fitting into an already recognized thread nor, each of them individually, being able to be grouped together where a relevant thread could be started and so decided on this "Miscellany" thread.   

I hope you agree with its relevance and that you enjoy everything that is put in as well as hoping that many will find interesting tidbits about Michael that can be included and help to make this, whilst a serious sharing of information, a FUN page to be able to visit too and, as is my intention, somewhere that everything which does not have a particular "home" can be placed, so that is all grouped together and can be easily found and located if someone wants to look at.

Here now, so that we can all focus on the main reason for this thread, is a beautiful picture of the "Theme" of the thread.......wonder if MB has ever been called that before ???? LOL. 

Believe this one definitely belongs in here for I would say sharing with us that coconut sorbet is his favourite dessert is both miscellaneous and more than extremely relevant to the "THEME" of this website and in particular, to this thread  !! LOL.

Hope everyone enjoys content and feels free to add their very own miscellany !!! :)

SPECIAL POSTS    

MICHAEL DID A QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION ON FACEBOOK ON 3RD FEBRUARY, 2015 AND THOSE QUESTIONS TO WHICH MICHAEL REPLIED CAN BE FOUND ON THIS THREAD FROM PAGE 259 TO 266.

A separate thread has been created for the Q&A Session and it can be found at  http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-s-question-and-an...

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Views: 115235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saw this on Twitter last night!! He's too funny!!

Robin in MD:)

Cute, thanks Sylvia.

Kathy T. :-)
Michael Bolton: The man's many looks
Michael Bolton: The man's many looks

Thanks Gail, c'est génial, so cute

katia

Loved these, Gail, what a hoot, Lol.... No sound on my end though. Thanks!!!!

Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

Thanks for that Gail for that is hilarious especially "The Jesus" and "Get out of my way" and I just hope Michael has seen it for believe he would get a good laugh at it too ....have you sent it to him ???? :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Michael Bolton Wouldn’t Want His Career Again?

Posted on March 14th, 2013 at 4:16 am

In a shocking and depressing new interview, Michael Bolton reveals if he had to do it all over again — he might not pick show business, RumorFix is reporting.

The man with the Grammy award winning soulful voice and chart topping music opened up to XM 166 radio host Brett Winterble recently.

Although he is a superstar now, the path to follow his dreams has hardly been easy. When asked if he would do it again he replied, “I don’t think so.”

The author of The Soul of it All continued, “I won’t say no because the only passion I know is the same one that drove me those 18 years. I didn’t have quit in my vocabulary.”

Michael also opened up about his personal struggles to support his family. He was 13 years old when he started writing music, and he was signed by the time he was 16 years old, but didn’t have his first hit album until he was 34.

At one point, he said, he was a step away from being homeless.

“I would have friends calling me saying, ‘I don’t know if your signed or not but I just opened up a production company with a recording studio here is you want to use it.’ That’s the kind of call that would come out of the blue during some really dire, dark, how am I getting the money to pay for food for my girls [times] and I got an angry landlord who had a couple of checks bounce and wants his side of the house. We didn’t use the term ‘homeless’ back then, but we were about an inch away from being homeless. So you don’t forget that.”

However he always kept a positive outlook. “I wasn’t thinking of giving up because I was always focused on the next songs I was going to write.”

It was Michael’s friends and family who encouraged him to start recording his music and helped him along the way. A school friend helped him scrap together a demo.

“I would be walking to school and I would be the only one singing and they seemed like they wanted me to be their radio as we walked to school. I realize looking back that I just loved to sing.”

Well we sure are happy you stuck to what you loved to do!

Found the actual interview!
This is a 2 hour radio show.  You can move the blue line over to get to MB at 1:05:02 to 02:08:35

Brett Winterble Show Mar 11 Conclaves Climate Change and Michael Bo...

Brett Winterble Show Podcast

In Today's Brett Winterble Show, great convo on the conclave, the climate and other great stuff including Benghazi and Michael Bolton!

» Download This Episode - 93Mb

» Direct link to this podcast.

Great find Joy and a great interview and hope you don't mind but as it is part of his promotional work I am going to take the link over into the Promotions thread because not too sure just how many people actually bother following this thread.  Thanks again for a great interview over breakfast !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for moving it over there, I was thinking of doing that but I forgot!

Joy

NJ

Thanks for finding and posting this Joy! I had caught the tweets to and from Michael about this interview on Monday and posted it on the "promotions" thread and noone seemed to notice, but I'm really glad you've found it and posted it! The "pause/play" button didn't work for me but I was able to download it easily, thanks a lot! I'll take the time to listen on the weekend. I do find it pretty shocking that Michael says he wouldn't do it again, because he's always said in the past that there was no other choice for him and that music chose him, instead of him choosing it... Maybe it'll make more sense when I hear it from him. Again, thanks Joy, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service